Kroger delivery in Austin area?

JGrayDBU

Kroger's weekly ad kicks everybody's ass.  I am spending the next 9 days helping my parents in Round Rock and will travel to Alaska with about 96 pounds of frozen food, mostly beef, chicken, sausage.  

The nearest Kroger's is in Bryan, and their weekly ad that starts tomorrow has two gems, USDA choice chuck roast at $3.97 per pound and chicken thighs at 99 cents per pound. 

Anybody have any experience trying to get Kroger delivery with weekly ad prices from the nearest Kroger's?  I called Kroger's cust. number and the lady's English was rough enough that I don't necessarily believe her, but she said I could get Bryan weekly ad prices delivered.   

There is local Kroger delivery in austin now. They just started it up and I’ve seen their trucks around town. Someone started a thread about it or mentioned it here not too long ago. So I assume she is saying they will honor those ads in austin

Not sure why you are looking at those flyers to begin with, seems kind of weird

Seems like Costco or a meat market might be a better option if you are buying bulk

That is a hard no on delivery to Alaska from Texas.  Prices would be out-of-this world. I am only taking frozen food from Texas because it is my luggage.  I will arrive in Anchorage at about 3:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 11 and pay $20 per tote per 24 hour period at a company in the Anchorage airport that has a -30 degree freezer.  From there I will travel to Kotzebue and then the final destination - Selawik.  

Take it from someone who has lived in TX and now regularly shops at a brand spanking new Kroger Marketplace 1/2 mile from my house. It ain't worth it. Kroger blows. The only redeeming quality they had was the 5-6x annual .99/lb pork butt but that is now 1.69 or something post Covid. Go to HEB or as someone said about Costco. Rest easy knowing you are paying more for better meat and a better overall shopping experience and company. 

That chicken is going to be in a 110 degree trunk all the way to Austin.  I'm sure that driver is making sure it's iced down well enough for the trip.

Hell, I don't trust delivery from the Whole Foods 3 miles from my house. The one time I got delivery during COVID and the chicken was room temperature. It'd probably been in the trunk for an hour while the driver made multiple deliveries.

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For someone going to Alaska with 96 lbs of meat in checked luggage, a drive to BCS doesn’t seem out of the question

Trying to save $1.00/lb $0.43/lb on chicken thighs by bootlegging it up in checked luggage to AK is the kind of stupidity that would be celebrated in BCS. 

Edit - its actually more ridiculous than I guessed

image.thumb.png.4f3df99cdfc6aebb97c1f8c36dfaf1db.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1