English Cups of Attrition 2023-24

yoladu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Happy New Year

FYI.... 7 straight days of Domestic Cup matches starting tomorrow - all matches televised on ESPN+

FA Cup 3rd round - matches on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday

League Cup - Semi-Final, Leg 1 - Tuesday (Middlesbrough v. Chelsea), Wednesday (Liverpool v. Fulham)

Edited by yoladu

They were lucky to get that win. I turned on the last 10 minutes and Shrewsbury Town had some good chances that they just missed. And watching the highlights, they had a ton of chances all game long, they just couldn’t finish.  

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

both teams are pissed with this official, and i’m coming to learn that this is just how all english football matches are going to be from now until forever. zero consistency with what is and isn’t a foul and/or booking.

Correct. Shambolic officiating is just what England does 

Fa cup 4th round:

Watford vs Southampton.

Blackburn Rovers vs Wrexham.

Bournemouth vs Swansea.

West Brom vs Brentford or Wolves.

West Ham or Bristol City vsNottingham Forest or Blackpool.

Leicester vs Hull City or Birmingham City.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Coventry City.

Chelsea vs Aston Villa.

Ipswich Town vs Maidstone United.

Liverpool vs Norwich or Bristol Rovers.

Tottenham vs Manchester City.

Leeds United vs Plymouth Argyle.

Crystal Palace or Everton vs Luton or Bolton.

Newport County or Eastleigh vs Wigan Athletic or Manchester United.

Sheffield United vs Brighton.

Fulham vs Newcastle.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Were they in the national league for one of wrexham’s tv seasons?  Name is familiar.  But that’s 5th tier if I can count and know the pyramid correctly.  

They are in the National League and have been in all the seasons we’ve been aware of Wrexham (the 2.5 TV seasons). I think this is just a mis-label by MIB, because that is the 5th division. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 10:50 PM, Captain Ron said:

EFL Cup Final is set - Chelsea vs Liverpool Feb 25

The final should have been a 1-0 win for Liverpool, but the ref waved off a goal for a technically correct, but never called offsides on a free kick. Instead we get free football. 

Just now, Captain Ron said:

The final should have been a 1-0 win for Liverpool, but the ref waved off a goal for a technically correct, but never called offsides on a free kick. Instead we get free football. 

Horrible call, not correct. Endo’s feet don’t move. He doesn’t initiate contact.

The hand signal was offsides, Endo was offside. But they rarely call the non-scoring player offsides on free kicks, despite affecting the play. Thats one of those calls that if they called it consistently, I would be ok with the call, but they don’t so expect everyone to be pissed when they do call it.

At least there is some justice and Liverpool did win this game 1-0 on a VVD header. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The hand signal was offsides, Endo was offside. But they rarely call the non-scoring player offsides on free kicks, despite affecting the play. Thats one of those calls that if they called it consistently, I would be ok with the call, but they don’t so expect everyone to be pissed when they do call it.

At least there is some justice and Liverpool did win this game 1-0 on a VVD header. 

I completely get your point. My point is it’s hard to say a player interfered when he didn’t initiate the contact, didn’t move his feet at all, and the player who received the ball was defended by someone else.

But fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 1

If they called this consistently, this call is a non issue. The fact that I can’t even recall the last time I’ve seen it called is where I have an issue.

They disallowed the Chelsea goal for a marginal offsides. But we see that called all the time, so while Chelsea fans aren’t happy with that call, it’s not like you don’t see that call made a lot.

In the end, the biggest thing really is yeah fuck ‘em. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...