Hard Knocks 2023: Dolphins

shadow_operative2.0

We got no coach meetings with cut players. Aaron telling a ufo story… not a triangle or weird fast moving lights…a huge miles wide star ship with lightning sparking off and then a squadron of fighters chasing it. Then a Broadway musical. Moonwalk lessons. The d linemen coach thinks he is the most interesting man in the world. And then a Saleh with a stupid story. Awful.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • blacklab changed the title to Hard Knocks 2023: Dolphins
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see Mcdaniel win a SB. That guy is different for sure.

That whole Jets game was surreal - how many players are built up as scrappy injury-prone fighters who love the game enough to fight back from a two-year hiatus, win a roster spot and become a starter, get miked with a dedicated camera on them…and rupture their Achilles? There was even a romantic interest in his bromance with Chubb. Anything better than having to listen to Tyreek squeak.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:57 PM, BearSchlong said:

I can't wait to see Mcdaniel win a SB. That guy is different for sure.

That whole Jets game was surreal - how many players are built up as scrappy injury-prone fighters who love the game enough to fight back from a two-year hiatus, win a roster spot and become a starter, get miked with a dedicated camera on them…and rupture their Achilles? There was even a romantic interest in his bromance with Chubb. Anything better than having to listen to Tyreek squeak.

I know you know the story, but man McDaniel’s story from being let go for being an alcoholic to where he is today as a coach that is sober is such an impressive personal story for him to have. Sober McDaniel seems like quite the amazing person. I probably will watch about two hours worth of the NFL by the time the season is over (Stopped watching college and pro football for the most part many years ago), but it would be cool if this guy wins a Super Bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 12:55 AM, UpperWestside said:

I know you know the story, but man McDaniel’s story from being let go for being an alcoholic to where he is today as a coach that is sober is such an impressive personal story for him to have. Sober McDaniel seems like quite the amazing person. I probably will watch about two hours worth of the NFL by the time the season is over (Stopped watching college and pro football for the most part many years ago), but it would be cool if this guy wins a Super Bowl. 

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

10 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Lack of time and watching guys do lasting damage to their brains was a line for me I did not want to cross as a fan. People who still watch are cool by me, but I found other interests in life I enjoy more and I’m thankful for the last ten years + of very little football.

Still hope the Horns win and I will probably watch their semi-final game. Again no knock on football fans, but high school ball is usually all I will watch when I do have time to sit down to see a game.

The Drew Brooks piece was pretty heartbreaking. I can't imagine. I'm going through some stuff with my oldest and something like this helps put it into perspective.

Also there is not currently, nor in my opinion has there ever been, a better theme song/intro music than Hard Knocks. Cheers be damned. Instantly gets me fired up.