Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Didn't see her play?

image.thumb.png.5005379aca6531f9889df102b3fac845.png

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/abbie-boutilier/12622

image.thumb.png.9c1007ab62cadf46d731d09ed41d5b5e.png

6'9" and has a TWIN sister, who I couldn't find any info on.

Can you imagine 6'9" twin towers on the Longhorns team!!!!

Aren’t necessarily identical twins. Sister could be 5’3. 

plus, that tall and only 7 ppg in high school and only honorable mention all district doesn’t scream elite basketball skills. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Our backcourt next year is going to be hilarious. 

Harmon, Booker, and Lee (#8 recruit but rumor is she's going to end up top 5). Just insane talent next year in the backcourt. 

Hopefully Mulkey has a headache knowing what's coming.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Our backcourt next year is going to be hilarious. 

Harmon, Booker, and Lee (#8 recruit but rumor is she's going to end up top 5). Just insane talent next year in the backcourt. 

The SEC is going to be 10x more fun than the Big 12 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Redshirt 

There are also going to be a couple bench players that don't play (Herron, Codio, Maul, and Boutilier) that transfer. It's the only way we can run back the roster with this recruiting class coming in. 

I would be surprised if at least 2 of those players don't transfer. 

Just now, D3zii said:

Vic low key been out here handling business with this roster building. 

if we can find an athletic big next season sky’s the limit 

Trust and believe, getting to play with Rori, Booker and Moore and in the SEC AND in Moody? Who wouldn’t want to join up! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Hopefully Mulkey has a headache knowing what's coming.

If Rori gets a medical RS there's also a possibility we get 1 year of Harmon, Booker, Lee (#8 recruit), and Chavez (#1 recruit in '25). 

I'm not sure there's ever been a more talented backcourt in WBB than that if it happens. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

If Rori gets a medical RS there's also a possibility we get 1 year of Harmon, Booker, Lee (#8 recruit), and Chavez (#1 recruit in '25). 

I'm not sure there's ever been a more talented backcourt in WBB than that if it happens. 

They’ve petitioned. We’ll find out in the summer if she gets it 

Vic’s regular season + conf tournament results:

20-21: 18-9 (0.667) semifinals
21-22: 26-6 (0.812) winner
22-23: 24-9 (0.667) runner up
23-24: 30-4 (0.882) winner

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't think it's going to happen but I would love to see Texas try to get Chavez to reclassify. 

A backcourt of Harmon, Booker, Lee, and Chavez is just one of those opportunities where you say "fuck it let's see if you can beat us with this level of talent." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aren’t necessarily identical twins. Sister could be 5’3. 

plus, that tall and only 7 ppg in high school and only honorable mention all district doesn’t scream elite basketball skills. 

It's women's' basketball where nobody really jumps and she's 6'9".  "Stand over there with your arms up.  If the ball is going up, swat it away.  If it's coming down, grab it."

58 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't think it's going to happen but I would love to see Texas try to get Chavez to reclassify. 

A backcourt of Harmon, Booker, Lee, and Chavez is just one of those opportunities where you say "fuck it let's see if you can beat us with this level of talent." 

Are we liking our chances with her? I haven't heard anything lately to suggest a strong lean toward any suitor. 

I said it last night, but the next evolution of Booker's game is improving her 3 point shot. Her jumper is so good and her FT shooting is INSANE (88%) that I fully expect her 3 point shooting to be much better after a full offseason. And she's still at 31.7%.  Texas has to work to get Shay more opportunities (38%) and I still am in the LET MAUL PLAY camp (39%) when teams go zone on us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I said it last night, but the next evolution of Booker's game is improving her 3 point shot. Her jumper is so good and her FT shooting is INSANE (88%) that I fully expect her 3 point shooting to be much better after a full offseason. And she's still at 31.7%.  Texas has to work to get Shay more opportunities (38%) and I still am in the LET MAUL PLAY camp (39%) when teams go zone on us. 

Totally agree about letting Maul play. I hope she gets a little run in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Didn't see her play?

image.thumb.png.5005379aca6531f9889df102b3fac845.png

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/abbie-boutilier/12622

image.thumb.png.9c1007ab62cadf46d731d09ed41d5b5e.png

6'9" and has a TWIN sister, who I couldn't find any info on.

Can you imagine 6'9" twin towers on the Longhorns team!!!!

She's recovering/recuperating from stress fractures that resulted from running with a broken toe. Talked to her dad before the game and she's chomping at the bit to get into the lineup next season. With a 7-foot-3 wingspan, it's amazing how she could go eliminate 25-point a night threats from players like Lee and Cooks.

• Hook 'Em 3

I hope the committee just admits on Selection Sunday that individual team NET does not matter *that* much.  SOS and wins matter more. 

• Texas - #3 NET, #2 NET conference, 30 wins, #18 SOS, 10-4 Q1 record and 6-0 Q2 record (combined 16-4 Q1/2 record)
    • best wins: #2 UConn, #18 Baylor, #14 KSU (twice)
    • Worst loss: #28 OU (twice)
    • All 4 losses by a total of 14 points and without Rori Harmon*
  • USC - #10 NET, #1 NET conference, 26 wins, #8 SOS, 13-4 Q1 record and 5-1 Q1 record (combined 18-5 Q1/2 record)
    • Best wins: #9 Ohio State, #4 Stanford (twice), #17 Oregon State (twice), #6 UCLA
    • Worst loss: #42 UW at home
    • Lost to Utah by 20 points and the other 4 by 20 points combined

There's not that much difference between Texas and USC's Q1/2 record but USC is going to get a #1 seed because they play in the Pac 12.  Despite a pretty bad home loss to UW and a 20-point blowout to Utah 

Only 3 teams in the country with 30 or more wins (Texas, South Carolina and Gonzaga).  But we aren't deserving of a #1 seed

50 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I hope the committee just admits on Selection Sunday that individual team NET does not matter *that* much.  SOS and wins matter more. 

• Texas - #3 NET, #2 NET conference, 30 wins, #18 SOS, 10-4 Q1 record and 6-0 Q2 record (combined 16-4 Q1/2 record)
    • best wins: #2 UConn, #18 Baylor, #14 KSU (twice)
    • Worst loss: #28 OU (twice)
    • All 4 losses by a total of 14 points and without Rori Harmon*
  • USC - #10 NET, #1 NET conference, 26 wins, #8 SOS, 13-4 Q1 record and 5-1 Q1 record (combined 18-5 Q1/2 record)
    • Best wins: #9 Ohio State, #4 Stanford (twice), #17 Oregon State (twice), #6 UCLA
    • Worst loss: #42 UW at home
    • Lost to Utah by 20 points and the other 4 by 20 points combined

There's not that much difference between Texas and USC's Q1/2 record but USC is going to get a #1 seed because they play in the Pac 12.  Despite a pretty bad home loss to UW and a 20-point blowout to Utah 

Only 3 teams in the country with 30 or more wins (Texas, South Carolina and Gonzaga).  But we aren't deserving of a #1 seed

If we’re the 2 in USC’s region (I think we would have to be) there’s not much difference. 
1 = 16, 8/9, probably a 4 or 5

2 = 15, 7/10, probably a 3 but maybe a 6

It’d also help ensure we go to Portland instead of Albany… MUCH better travel destination.

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Hard to imagine similarly little love for UCONN. What's behind all this? 

UConn's issue is the lack of elite OOC wins (L to NCST, UCLA, South Carolina and Texas) and the Big East is the 5th best NET conference.  They beat MD and UNC, who didn't finish ranked, and a middle of the pack KU team.  Their only good OOC win was probably Louisville, who finished 5th in the ACC. 

No one, not even UConn fans, think they deserve a 1 seed. 

It just reads "we want to showcase Clark and JuJu so we have to give them 1 seeds" 

Maybe we've all been wrong this whole time and the argument shouldn't be Texas or USC but Texas or Stanford? 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

UConn's issue is the lack of elite OOC wins (L to NCST, UCLA, South Carolina and Texas) and the Big East is the 5th best NET conference.  They beat MD and UNC, who didn't finish ranked, and a middle of the pack KU team.  Their only good OOC win was probably Louisville, who finished 5th in the ACC. 

No one, not even UConn fans, think they deserve a 1 seed. 

It just reads "we want to showcase Clark and JuJu so we have to give them 1 seeds" 

Maybe we've all been wrong this whole time and the argument shouldn't be Texas or USC but Texas or Stanford? 

USC I think is deserving. Maybe Iowa is, but I have doubts. Presumably it will all sort itself out as the tourney progresses.

Still annoying that we made it easier on the committee by twice losing to OU. Ugh. 

Of course it will be Clark but huge honor that Booker was named in the top 10 for Naismith POY. 1 of 3 freshmen - Booker, Hidalgo, JuJu

Vic is also a semifinalist for COY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Crème’s last bracket before tonight’s selection show:

Texas is the 2 seed in Portland 4. USC is the 1 seed. Our Austin pod would be 2 Texas / 15 Norfolk State and 7 Tenn / 10 Maryland 

USC would not have an easy road - ISU is their 8 seed and Indiana is their 4 seed 

Texas would need to get past 3 NCSt to make the Elite 8

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1