Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Weirdly, I think this is a game where not having Booker might have helped us. 

She's been off offensively and we've been adding more athleticism on the defensive end when she's off the court. 

Nice to see this team play well without much of a contribution from Booker.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Nice to see this team play well without much of a contribution from Booker.  

Probably the most impressive part

All around impressive win. Defense was outstanding 

• Hook 'Em 2

I like how Holle always seems to contribute in the exact way they need her too.  Lock down defense every game, and works off the ball to allow the scorers to score.  But when they need her to score points, she'll drop 10-15 with some 3pt shots.  Very good shooter, but doesn't try to take over unless they need it.  Just plays the needed role.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hondo said:

Sounded like she was shrieking pretty loudly unless that was a fan the mic picked up.  Thinking a blown out knee.

I think it was her. It was immediate 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

NCST fans have nearly 2x the distance to travel compared to UT fans to attend the Elite 8 in Portland. Also, the mens NCST team is still alive in the NCAA tournament. Texas should have the fan advantage on Sunday.

Ain’t nobody sticking around from Stanford/Baylor/USC/etc gonna cheer for us 

Gonzaga going 0-2 today balances out NCST going 2-0

Just now, ATXbronco said:

What does Directors Cup point advantage mean?

We will get more points for WBB because we are advancing further than Stanford. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What a coaching job by Vic.

Without the best 2 way guard in the country (Harmon) and without another starter (Jones). Still a dominating Sweet 16 win. 

I missed the game (and the lead up). What happened to Jones?

Edited by UTexasFight
Nm. I see your post above. Damn. I was afraid it was carryover from the knock on the hardwood. I was at the game last week and saw it right away and was surprised she came back in the game

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

Moral of the story: Texas needs to run the Zags off the three point line, dominate the boards, HIT THEIR FUCKING LAYUPS and keep Gonzaga under 60-65 points and we are likely still dancing into Sunday. 

Checking Season 2 Episode 1 GIF by Best in Miniature

4-22 from three

39-26 rebounding margin 

50% FG without team’s leading FG% post

47 points 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Poor Zags didn't see what Texas' D did to them, even after it was all over. Something tells me they wouldn't enjoy playing in the B12.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2024/mar/29/gonzaga-women-go-cold-in-first-half-of-69-47-loss-/

A lot more gracious than the post game PC by Gonzaga. Basically no credit to Texas. Totally different than Bama’s postgame PC

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A lot more gracious than the post game PC by Gonzaga. Basically no credit to Texas. Totally different than Bama’s postgame PC

I didn't pull out the quotes in which Ejim and one of the Truong sisters basically said it wasn't our D...they just failed to run their sets. Pretty delusional take. 

• Hook 'Em 1