Cowboys - Jets

Surly Bevo

The Eagles are 2-0 but Hurts looks tremulous and their defense is suspect. They lost a ton off last year's team. 

The Cowboys through 2 weeks look like an efficient machine. Defense dominates and offense puts the points it can without turning it over. That Dak late pass to the sidelines that Gardner butchered is the only risky play they've made in the game. 

I'll take this over trying to force the game and letting the Jets back in it with turnovers but these last 3 drives have netted only 9 points. This works against bums like Wilson and Jones but we won't be playing these types of junk offenses all year.

But like said…they won’t play this defense every week either.

3 FGs on 3 drives with a 1st and goal. Meh. I get it works for this game but hopefully this doesn't rear it's head down the line.

I really think it’s by design. Look at the play calls. 2 inside runs from the 10 yard line?

And why did they turn that down? 3rd and 17?

Jets beat Buffalo and Josh Allen on MNF without Rodgers with their defense and special teams making all sorts of plays, and the Cowboys have made them look like a punching bag today. 
Agreed. I've liked how well we have moved the ball today. Need to clean up the redzone efficiency though. That's what separates the contenders. How well they perform when the field shrinks. That's when you need good play calling and play designs.

I honestly think Jerry can't write a big enough check. If you were starting a franchise tomorrow with monopoly money and you had your pick of anyone in the league, who do you take over Micah?   Mahomet?  Kittel?   He might legit be the best player in football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Zach Wilson strikes again. Biggest bust drafted at #2 overall since Ryan Leaf.
Romo keeps saying Wilson can throw the deep ball. The issue is, he telegraphs them by staring the receiver down and they usually have too much air under them. Allowing the defense too much time to react. So no, that isn't being able to throw the deep ball..

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm not sure if Wilson can become a decent QB or not.  Cowboys D is going to make a lot of QBS look bad this year.

See what Danny Dimes is doing this afternoon to a bad Zona D.  They'll have to give him 4-5 games to really know if he's improved.

If he can pick up the basics, like look off the safety and a bunch of other things, he could be decent.