Cowboys - Jets

Surly Bevo

I'm not sure if Wilson can become a decent QB or not.  Cowboys D is going to make a lot of QBS look bad this year.
See what Danny Dimes is doing this afternoon to a bad Zona D.  They'll have to give him 4-5 games to really know if he's improved.
But he looked terrible last year. Also was pretty bad last week but his defense and special teams picked up the slack. I see no improvement from last year and he was drafted #2 overall. And all the draft capital they used to get Rodgers, this is a disaster for them because they have talent to win but Wilson isn't going to get the most out of it consistently

Lol for Hispanic Heritage month they showcase the whitest fucking Mexican restaraunt possible. 

Really? Get off your judgemental food snobbism. Hispanic Heritage month absolutely belongs at Joe T’s. Joe T and Mama Jessie Garcia started their small cafe and tortilleria in 1935; I ate there as a kid. It’s still owned by the family who have built it into a remarkably successful business. You may not like the food but it’s proto-TexMex cuisine. The Garcia’s, the Cuellars, the Martinez’s all deserve rightful recognition.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Really? Get off your judgemental food snobbism. Hispanic Heritage month absolutely belongs at Joe T’s. Joe T and Mama Jessie Garcia started their small cafe and tortilleria in 1935; I ate there as a kid. It’s still owned by the family who have built it into a remarkably successful business. You may not like the food but it’s proto-TexMex cuisine. The Garcia’s, the Cuellars, the Martinez’s all deserve rightful recognition.

Went to dinner at Joe T’s last night.  It was packed with line of people to get in.

First sign of a good team is winning the games they should. Never apologize for wins in this league. 70-10 to start the year and 7 of them were a fluke busted play. Definitely a great start so far.

Also it's good to see we might have a kicker again. Especially from the shorter distances. Hopefully he doesn't go off the rails.

All 3 phases are contributing so far.

My little concern is can our run game control the pace and pick up the tough yards?

50 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hasn't it been a solid division for a few years now? They got 3 playoff teams in last year and all 3 were in the divisional round.

I keed. 

Yes, win the games you should, and win games early because you never know what is going to happen in November.  

I honestly think Jerry can't write a big enough check. If you were starting a franchise tomorrow with monopoly money and you had your pick of anyone in the league, who do you take over Micah?   Mahomet?  Kittel?   He might legit be the best player in football. 

Kearse was being interviewed on the ticket this week and the hosts asked who the fastest guy on the team was and after thinking about it he settled on Michah. Not tp, not ceedee, not Diggs. Michah

I really thought the Jets defense would play a little tougher yesterday. Lots of folks thought this would be a premier unit. The score could have been worse.

And those that figured Jets would run the ball hard to take heat off Zach for their fantasy crew probably expected more than 1 point out of Hall.

25 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I really thought the Jets defense would play a little tougher yesterday. Lots of folks thought this would be a premier unit. The score could have been worse.

They were on the field for 42 mins. But even then Cowboys scored on the first drive of the game. Cowboys O is good when Dak is throwing it well.

29 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

And those that figured Jets would run the ball hard to take heat off Zach for their fantasy crew probably expected more than 1 point out of Hall.

The Jets defense is really good. We just played the way we needed to in order to win on offense. We didn't have the 0-2 genius whiz kid Kellen Moore calling a bunch of dumbass shit and having Dak throw the ball into the teeth of their secondary.

45 run plays, 38 pass plays. 0 interceptions for Dak for the second game in a row. Just take what's there. And yes, he shoulda had the pick 6 to Sauce. That was lucky and a bad decision by Dak. Other than that, clean game, did what we needed, on to the next.

I also liked that McCarthy elected to receive the kickoff. He knew what their situation was offensively. And we drove down and put them in a 7-0 hole early. Clearly the plan was to get them down multiple scores and make them throw the ball.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

So far I like what McCarthy is doing with tempo and pacing of the play. Moore would get the line set then spend 30 seconds with endless shifts. He called a good game too with the exception of a couple of series.

I am a bit concerned with Joe dinged up this o line is getting. Martin with a groin is troubling.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that everybody’s “plan” for every game?

When you have a great defense and are playing Zach Wilson it should be. If the other team's QB is an MVP caliber player then you definitely do anything you can to take the ball out of their hands. So to answer your question, no.

46 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

When you have a great defense and are playing Zach Wilson it should be. If the other team's QB is an MVP caliber player then you definitely do anything you can to take the ball out of their hands. So to answer your question, no.

So, get behind to make them think about running the ball?

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m still waiting for the flaw in the “get them down by multiple scores” approach. I mean, they’re going to pass no matter what. 

Yeah but not everyone has the personnel to do that. The Cowboys do. Which is why it was frustrating last year that they played a style of offense that didn't take advantage of how great the defense was. You can tell that McCarthy had a lot to do with gameplanning when Rush was QB. It was the same type of stuff. Just controlling the ball and picking spots on offense.

This year, they are rolling with that gameplan with Dak at QB, along with several options at RB instead of the 1 1/2 they had last year.

Edited by Pam Cummings

On 9/18/2023 at 10:06 AM, DougO said:

Kellen's takes over the highest flying offense in the league and they're 0-2. Coincidence? 

Their head coach has already cost them several games and playoff opportunities with bonehead decisions, then they double down on stupid.

I mean..... sure, maybe.  Always fun to shit on a former coordinator, I guess.  But SD is in the top 5-6 in most offensive stats -- PPG, YPG, YPP, rushing yards/game, etc.  They have no turnovers.  Kellen has a lot of warts but his offenses are much better than a lot of OC's in the league.  Playing off a defense like this makes everything easier.  

IMG_7933.thumb.jpeg.502cfa2bfb2390bb86db554a1eddea8d.jpeg

On 9/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, Horn80 said:

Even worse.  NY trash.

Even worse, he’s UTAH trash.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:23 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Their guacamole was horrible in the late ‘80s => early ‘90s.

I don’t know if they still make it the same way (like Mayo is a main ingredient), but I liked all of the rest of the family-style meal we got the one or two times I’ve been.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, Horn80 said:

Went to dinner at Joe T’s last night.  It was packed with [a] line of [white] people [waiting] to get in.

FIFY

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

IMG_7933.thumb.jpeg.502cfa2bfb2390bb86db554a1eddea8d.jpeg

Even worse, he’s UTAH trash.

Their guacamole was horrible in the late ‘80s => early ‘90s.

I don’t know if they still make it the same way (like Mayo is a main ingredient), but I liked all of the rest of the family-style meal we got the one or two times I’ve been.

FIFY

image.jpeg.9ac88985d881901dc583e8d2deeedc75.jpeg