Texas vs Baylor - 6:30pm on ABC [An XXX fucking 38-6 Texas]

Pancho

We didn’t pour money into remodeling DKR and the SEZ and establishing Bevo Blvd and LCL to give up a home contest to play at NRG or the Alamodome against a G5, unless it’s a neutral site marquee matchup. And there’s no in-state school worthy of that. CDC ain’t no fool

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I would pass on anyone who runs an offense unlike anything we will face the rest of the year.  Wasted week of game prep.

That’s why I’d pass, especially — and I may be behind the times here since I don’t really watch them play — if they still do that cut-blocking stuff. 

And, as mentioned above but I overlooked, Penn State would also get crossed off my list.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What about going to open up a new stadium like UCF in 2007? Mack almost had a stroke.

The rest of us almost strokes of lightning. 

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

With the exception of Art Baylor and UofH bleachers, I give zero shits.  Not sure I'd do a home-home, but like a home-"home" at Jerry World or Reliant makes sense.

I used to think so, and posted so. On reflection, do we really want to help another school get recruiting exposure in Dallas or Houston?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Our regular rotation of OOC games should include:

Cupcakes who will cash a check to take a beating at DKR-TMS:

• UTSA
  • UNT
  • UTEP
  • Rice
  • Texas State (now in the Sunbelt!)
  • and if we need more we can choose from plenty of relatively close schools like La Tech, La Monroe, Tulsa, New Mexico, NM State, etc.

Low-end but still brand names, if they're willing to accept 2 for 1's.

• Wyoming
  • Nevada
  • Fresno St.
  • Purdue
  • Minnesota
  • Oregon St. (they will regress to their mean)
  • Washington St.
  • Boise St.
  • Memphis
  • Tulane (for the away trip mostly)
  • Virginia
  • Indiana
  • Army, Navy, AF
  • Northwestern
  • Rutgers
  • Hawaii

High-end brands, home & home:

• Michigan
  • Ohio St.
  • USC
  • Washington
  • Oregon
  • Penn St.
  • UCLA
  • North Carolina
  • Clemson
  • Florida St.
  • Miami
  • Michigan St.
  • Wisconsin

I would add Syracuse, because the dome is cool and Lovell Pinkney and TJ Ford deserve revenge. But I googled to find out which year that game was exactly and there's some past history there we'd probably rather not revisit (and the national media would gleefully)

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I would pass on anyone who runs an offense unlike anything we will face the rest of the year.  Wasted week of game prep.

18 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I think it would be less than awesome to have to screw around with a one-off outlier of a system for little credit. 

100% this.  I have a great amount of respect for the service academies for being able to field competitive teams every few years or so.  But I want my Longhorns to have nothing to do with them.