WVU @ U of H; 6 pm FS1

TexasMan

So I tried looking for tickets to the Horns game next weekend in the little high school stadium they built on Scott street, and the cheapest ones you could find were $100. 

So I then looked up tickets for this game in comparison: $2 seats and plenty of em. 

Good job good effort, Cougar High 

• Haha 1

I think Neal Brown is on the hot seat. So I think WVU will win. I just laugh at Cougar High as the AD fired Applewhite (he was 15-11 in two plus seasons as HC) and while I know his overall record wasn’t awesome (spectacular bowl losses as well) from an article at the time:

Houston power brokers haven't been shy about their expectations for the program. At a holiday party two years ago -- shortly after Applewhite was hired -- university president Renu Khator said "winning is defined at the University of Houston as 10-2 ... We'll fire coaches at 8-4," according to a Houston Chronicle account of the event

Anyway, 2021 was a good year for Holgo but it’s not like he’s set the world on fire since he’s been there. Certainly not 10-2 every season. I’m guessing the Houston BMDs are getting restless. 😬 

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

When did black become a color of U of H?

BOTH schools have stupid fucking uniforms. I have some buddies who played for WVU and I constantly ask why they continue to wear ugly-ass uniforms. They have no answer. Houston’s look stupid as shit too. Red & White, it’s pretty easy. They had nice looking uniforms. These are dumb.

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

We’re supposed to worry about a team running thru their Big 12 schedule that’s only a 3 point favorite to Houston?!  West Virginia will not beat OU or BYU.  

Teams not named BYU or OU on their schedule are a combined 12-15 so far. It’s a terrible schedule. The teams the Hoopies have beaten, and I’m not counting Duquesne, are a combined 7-10. They are stumbling into a solid record.

29 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think Neal Brown is on the hot seat. So I think WVU will win. I just laugh at Cougar High as the AD fired Applewhite (he was 15-11 in two plus seasons as HC) and while I know his overall record wasn’t awesome (spectacular bowl losses as well) from an article at the time:

Houston power brokers haven't been shy about their expectations for the program. At a holiday party two years ago -- shortly after Applewhite was hired -- university president Renu Khator said "winning is defined at the University of Houston as 10-2 ... We'll fire coaches at 8-4," according to a Houston Chronicle account of the event

Anyway, 2021 was a good year for Holgo but it’s not like he’s set the world on fire since he’s been there. Certainly not 10-2 every season. I’m guessing the Houston BMDs are getting restless. 😬 

Definitely was on the hot seat before the season. I think if we get to 7 wins he's safe. He's a good dude by all accounts so I'm pretty happy if he can turn things around here. Still hoping for some serious bullshit that leads to a UT-WVU Big 12 ccg somehow though I know I'll probably be neg'd into Bolivian that week.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Teams not named BYU or OU on their schedule are a combined 12-15 so far. It’s a terrible schedule. The teams the Hoopies have beaten, and I’m not counting Duquesne, are a combined 7-10. They are stumbling into a solid record.

Not wrong but I'll take it after some of the bullshit we've been through

And son of a bitch. What the fuck kind of kick coverage was that?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NCMountaineer said:

Definitely was on the hot seat before the season. I think if we get to 7 wins he's safe. He's a good dude by all accounts so I'm pretty happy if he can turn things around here. Still hoping for some serious bullshit that leads to a UT-WVU Big 12 ccg somehow though I know I'll probably be neg'd into Bolivian that week.

You won't get negged unless you are a idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NCMountaineer said:

I wouldn’t beg you. I hope he turns it around. Most everyone in Big 12 seems set with their HCs save a few schools. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

BOTH schools have stupid fucking uniforms. I have some buddies who played for WVU and I constantly ask why they continue to wear ugly-ass uniforms. They have no answer. Houston’s look stupid as shit too. Red & White, it’s pretty easy. They had nice looking uniforms. These are dumb.

I hate the storm trooper look when we use it. The blue pants just flat out work better with our road combo. It's not as bad as the banana look when we break that out though.