Politically charged altercations at Whataburger

Hugo Stiglitz

45 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Horseshit. You have dumbasses all over this thread saying just wearing the hat is an act of racism. Some calling it a kKK symbol. That kid didn’t have to say shit to trigger the high school graduate part time door man. I’d put money that neck beard saw the hat and made a jackass comment at 2am in which the smart ass hat wearer responded and said the word “Trump” triggering neck beard to do what he did  

As this thread is evidence, it doesn’t take much to trigger racist morons. 

That’s because invoking racism is the most 2018 to do at this point. You may very well be right, but the kids may have been running there mouths about stupid shit as well. You don’t go home and make that Instagram in my opinion if you didn’t contribute to the incident in some small way.

• Like 1

Does every thread have to devolve into calling JOhnny a trust fund baby at this point? He clearly has some strange views that line up closely with other silver spoon adults I know, but debate his stupid thought process instead of going for the easy dig.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Personally I can find it funny that he was arrested and in trouble and lost his job, on one hand, but on the other this whole “XYZ has been fired because he went viral for XYZ” is a weird trend. I wonder if it’s the next mania following Crytpocurrency and #MeToo that sweeps everyone away and you are already seeing vague and questionable stuff like the HOA guy with the pool being fired and claiming it was race based.

I'm not totally cool with the guy losing his job.  However, it is conceivable, but probably unlikely, that they decided having a swole doorman that goes aggro on 16 year olds in a Whataburger might not be a good thing.

1 minute ago, Brew said:

Does every thread have to devolve into calling JOhnny a trust fund baby at this point? He clearly has some strange views that line up closely with other silver spoon adults I know, but debate his stupid thought process instead of going for the easy dig.

No shit.

Bad things are happening, I’m pissed about it, that doesn’t give me the right to assault people I disagree with. It’s pretty simple; peaceful protest are legal and assault is not.  

I agree with you, but somehow many of the President’s followers have gotten the idea that fighting words are protected speech or that the first amendment gives assholes the privilege of not ever getting their asses kicked. Neither of those things are true.

5 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

My argument is that when you have a group of people in open physical and assaulting dissension for your legitimate government’s legitimately chosen leader, then what are you saying is that you are in rebellion. You’ve crossed the line from political dissension and lawful disagreement into the land of violent retaliation against supporters of their elected officials and open rebellion. 

Consider these points for why I say that and specifically say it to you:

- You openly root for the physical confrontation and assault of people— common folk and not government or public officials— based on their adorning the ruling party’s and leader of record’s rallying cry/motto/mantra

- If you will advocate for the physical assault of Trump supporters and their draping themselves in his ideology, words, and attitudes, then it stands to reason you advocate for the assault of Trump himself. You know, the guy who actually created and embodies the term MAGA. Right? Or is the head of all this somehow exempt and the intent is to harass and physically assault only his public supporters (even minors) because wanting to hurt your Captain is the very definition of mutiny, rebellion, revolution, whatever.

- You have used the analogy yourself with multiple references to “boot lickers” and even the reference of King George and the 1776 rebellion.

Hmmmmm. 

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I agree with you, but somehow many of the President’s followers have gotten the idea that fighting words are protected speech or that the first amendment gives assholes the privilege of not ever getting their asses kicked. Neither of those things are true.

Hmmmmm, I wonder where they could possibly be getting that idea from?

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If you read all that and your only point hinges on whether Trump was legitimately brought to power (vis-a-vis Americans voting), then my response is you are in a pre-existing state of rebellion.

I love this new right-wing pivot into openly calling protestors terrorists and claiming being anti-Trump is a state of open "rebellion" against the United States of America. It's a pretty transparent attempt to make your political opponents appear as if they are outlaws. And it's highly amusing that you are goose-stepping right along with it.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I love this new right-wing pivot into openly calling protestors terrorists and claiming being anti-Trump is a state of open "rebellion" against the United States of America. It's a pretty transparent attempt to make your political opponents appear as if they are outlaws. And it's highly amusing that you are goose-stepping right along with it.

Which is ironic because Trump is the most anti-American president we've ever had. 

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You are conflating being anti-trump with violently conflicting with peer level people (commoners without public office) because they vote differently than you -even further appreciate and enjoy their chosen leaders blathering. Worlds apart and you are everything you hate about others and that’s funny.

The only side that has caused permanent harm and/or death as a result of political protest is not my side.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

But you cheer and advocate for violence. The only loons cheering the violence against you are other fringe lions of the same stripe. I guess you are saying you are the flip side of that coin?

Deflection denied. I stated very plainly in my first post on this thread that wearing a MAGA hat shouldn't get you punched. Please make up some more lies, I'm bored.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Nah I can imagine them flooring the gas pedal in their car driving into a crowd of people though.

Or shooting up a charity softball practice...  there are idiots everywhere and at least some of us can admit that.  

• Like 2

You are conflating being anti-trump with violently conflicting with peer level people (commoners without public office) because they vote differently than you -even further appreciate and enjoy their chosen leaders blathering. Worlds apart and you are everything you hate about others and that’s funny.

I’m friends with a Texas GOP county chair who has said in public that he believes those who protest the president in public mass demonstrations should be charged with treason. So I tell him “that’s ridiculous”.

Tomorrow, Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing my church in hopes that they can provoke a reaction to present themselves as victims. So, I’m not going to give them what they want.

But if I was at Whataburger at 2am and a stranger was talking the way my friend talks, or started talking like the Westboro people you had better believe that their fighting words would get a situationally appropriate reaction.

Do you really not understand fighting words?

Can you imagine for a second the red state Bubba idiots or trusties slapping the Obama hat off some poor minority and yelling at him because he’s pissed his health insurance which used to be great was now horrible?

A guy I know was actually physically attacked because he was wearing an Obama shirt. My wife’s car was also keyed because of an Obama sticker she had.

15 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

A guy I know was actually physically attacked because he was wearing an Obama shirt. My wife’s car was also keyed because of an Obama sticker she had.

How do you know it was keyed because of the Obama sticker and not because of a shitty parking job?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

LOL regarding your wife's car and NOT the assault (see how that works, BT?).

My truck had an Impeach Clinton sticker on it back in the 90's.  I was in Bibas One's A Meal on West Gray in the wee hours with a lady friend. I happened to look out the window to see some dread-locked, nose-ringed white dude shooting me the finger, hop in his sled, back out of his space and proceed to ram my truck.  He did a lot of damage.

My lady friend was cool as a cucumber over the whole thing and asked what I was going to do. 

I just shrugged and said I'd call the insurance company and file a claim. 

Some people take things too hard. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

The only side that has caused permanent harm and/or death as a result of political protest is not my side.

So you're retarded?  

You really don't remember Rand Paul, the softball shooting, Antifa a--holes....

It's fucking laughable that you'd even try to sell that shit. 

• Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Mapache said:

I'll go on record...I'm calling bull shit on this one.  

In fucking LA a woman decided to pick on a 92 year old Hispanic man?  Because clearly he's the only Mexican in LA to pick on...and clearly if you hate Mexicans you should visit LA.  LOFL. 

UPDATE>>>

It appears (statistically speaking, 96% sure she’s not a Trump voter) she’s just a nut job.

Edited by XR4ticlone
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

*white kid gets soda thrown at his face*

"OH MY GOD THE CHILDREN! Oh GOOOOOD!"

*brown toddlers get ripped from their mothers arms by armed government agents, never to be returned*

"Hard questions. Many sides."

So you’re ok with leaving “brown” toddlers with adults that may not be their parents until that fact is determined? 

34 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

In fucking LA a woman decided to pick on a 92 year old Hispanic man?  Because clearly he's the only Mexican in LA to pick on...and clearly if you hate Mexicans you should visit LA.  LOFL. 

Based on the number of local news reports this is probably real. Except this is a case of black on brown crime, which isn't unusual for LA.

Although, I would say that the President of the United States has been careless with his attitude towards race relations and is definitely making the country worse off when it comes to racial tension.

5 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

I mean, really, you care so much about kids but you're willing to viciously attack one repeatedly in this thread because he wore a hat.

Viciously attack? You think what happened to Hunter is similar to what is happening to these kids being taken from their parents? Or him being mocked on the Internet for a picture he put on the Internet?

4 hours ago, SDG said:

Bad things are happening, I’m pissed about it, that doesn’t give me the right to assault people I disagree with. It’s pretty simple; peaceful protest are legal and assault is not.  

You're pissed about it... that's good. I'm sure the families destroyed by this are glad you're pissed. 

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

My argument is that when you have a group of people in open physical and assaulting dissension for your legitimate government’s legitimately chosen leader, then what are you saying is that you are in rebellion.

This is an impressive level of stupid.

8 minutes ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

So you’re ok with leaving “brown” toddlers with adults that may not be their parents until that fact is determined? 

Woman: "That's my son."
Child: "That's my mom."

Armed Government Official: "I'm not sure, so let's make sure we determine that by separating you for 3 months and covering you in lice."

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

New? Why do you hate the troops?

8 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

My point is that if supporting the President of the US is fighting words and violence can be defended, then we are already in a state of civil war with each other.

And that point is astoundingly dumb. It's amazing how quickly right-wingers embrace authoritarian thinking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

It’s simply logic that follows if are working from a position of understanding when it comes to definitions of the words I’m using...which I’m not so sure of anymore.

What element of America right now genuinely earns the descriptor "Civil War"? It's nonsense. We have some decreasingly-rare flareups of almost entirely non-fatal political violence and... uh... what? There are no rival militaries. There are no political movements aimed at dividing the Union. There are no politicians calling for splitting up the states.

And beyond that, your conflation of the office of the presidency with the personality occupying the office is idiotic and indicative of an authoritarian mindset.

A kid gets a Coke thrown in his face and your addled brain thinks, "Civil War?!"

Also, I’m not a right-winger. At least not a registered voting one.

Yes, of course. You just yell at the libs constantly because you're right in the middle, straight shooter, both-sides.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, XR4ticlone said:

UPDATE>>>

It appears (statistically speaking, 96% sure she’s not a Trump voter) she’s just a nut job.

Wait which is it? Did it happen or did it not. Because you know, minorities are always liars, right?

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wait which is it? Did it happen or did it not. Because you know, minorities are always liars, right?

The first report made it sound like a Trump hat wearing, right wing woman went after a 92 y/o Mexican man.  

That's not what happened....at all. 

So that changes things...a lot.  

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

The first report made it sound like a Trump hat wearing, right wing woman went after a 92 y/o Mexican man.  

That's not what happened....at all. 

So that changes things...a lot.  

Yeah some old Mexican getting attacked and the attacker yelling "go back to Mexico" is totally not a Trump voter. Totally.

Photo of woman alleged to have assaulted the 92 year old man is below.

"LASD tells FOX 11 they are investigating this case and they believe Rodriguez was attacked from behind.

No arrests have been made yet.

They tell FOX 11 the other assailants who jumped in are three black men between the ages of 20-30."

http://amp.foxla.com/news/local-news/92-year-old-man-viciously-beaten-with-brick-on-4th-of-july-suspects-sought?

DhhjYr8UwAAzhOB?format=jpg

DhhjYr8UwAAzhOB?format=jpg

"Why YES!!!  I"m a huge TRUMP supporter!  Why do you ask???   Wait a second!  I've got to go brain this old ass, Mexican then I'll come over there and we can discuss Trump's views on NAFTA and enjoy some sparkling wine!" 

I'm not exactly sure because it's hard to read...but I think she has on a Shemale shirt...like Lindsey Bluth wore in Arrested Development??😂

Edited by XR4ticlone
  • Fuck You 1

Sure all that makes sense. My point is that if supporting the President of the US is fighting words and violence can be defended, then we are already in a state of civil war with each other.
Also, my points all hinge on the aspect of encouraging and allowing for violence. Violence against someone who shares a different political opinion than you.

“Supporting the president” is not fighting words.
However, it is quite common for both the president himself and his supporters to express themselves in fighting words, and they act surprised when the people they provoke and insult are willing to fight. He’s setting a really poor example and too many his supporters are following it.
  • Like 4