NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Billy Donovan didn't want to be part of a rebuild in Okie City and last night got smoked by Okie City's rebuilt team.  OKC's roster is better than the Bulls roster in every way, shape, and fashion.  Bulls are in no man's land.

AKA Demar Land. Dude is the king of no man’s land.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Billy Donovan didn't want to be part of a rebuild in Okie City and last night got smoked by Okie City's rebuilt team.  OKC's roster is better than the Bulls roster in every way, shape, and fashion.  Bulls are in no man's land.

Call me cray cray but (health permitting) I think OKC is going to be a top 4 seed in the West.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean that's a room temperature take - but a decent one.

They're loaded. It might depend on whether Chet can stay healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Call me cray cray but (health permitting) I think OKC is going to be a top 4 seed in the West.

I think that's the case with most of the West.  The difference between a 3 seed and 10 might be if one guy misses 10-15 games because the West is that close.  

I just remember watching OKC this time last year.  It was SGA, a 2nd year Giddey, and a gaggle of spares.  Then Jalen Williams got really good really fast and now Chet is in the lineup.  They've gone from a rebuild to a top team quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I think that's the case with most of the West.  The difference between a 3 seed and 10 might be if one guy misses 10-15 games because the West is that close.  

I just remember watching OKC this time last year.  It was SGA, a 2nd year Giddey, and a gaggle of spares.  Then Jalen Williams got really good really fast and now Chet is in the lineup.  They've gone from a rebuild to a top team quickly.

Kind of ironic that Billy Donovan, who wanted no part of an OKC rebuild, got spanked at home by OKC and getting into arguments with his players on the bench and asked to leave players only meetings.  And it's not even Halloween.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

12 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Kind of ironic that Billy Donovan, who wanted no part of an OKC rebuild, got spanked at home by OKC and getting into arguments with his players on the bench and asked to leave players only meetings.  And it's not even Halloween.

Dude do y'all even read the fucking thread? 2nd fucking night of the season and it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude do y'all even read the fucking thread? 2nd fucking night of the season and it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids.

Ha - skipped right over that one.  

But like all the great ones, I need to pace myself so that by midseason my posts will be merely bad instead of atrocious.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Philly is so much better without Harden. So is every other NBA team in the league.

Remember how everyone said OKC should have mortgaged the farm to keep Harden?  Looking back, does anyone think for a second that Harden would have been happy being the 3rd option in a city with low end strip clubs?  He would have quit on them like quit on everyone else.

22 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Remember how everyone said OKC should have mortgaged the farm to keep Harden?  Looking back, does anyone think for a second that Harden would have been happy being the 3rd option in a city with low end strip clubs?  He would have quit on them like quit on everyone else.

eh, I think being in HOU and being catered to by Morey for all those yrs changed him.   I dont think he is as much of an asshole if he stays in OKC with KD and Russ

I just realized this is Marv Albert, Reggie and Candace Parker. 

Maybe they figured everyone had a shotgun loaded and ready at home but I feel like TNT should front me the cost for a 12 gauge so I can blow my brains out listening to this shit like the rest of America. 

Holy fuck. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Watching the two PHX games I'm struck by how awful Grayson Allen looks. I never expected him to be a great or even good pro, but he's terrible. Whatever athleticism he had seems to have evaporated. He's got lead in his shoes, totally unable to stay in front of anyone. He's not a "smart heady player from Duke" either. He's constantly lost on defense. He's not a good enough shooter to make up for these deficiencies. I guess at least he hasn't tripped KD yet.

10 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Chet’s box score tonight was simply ridiculous for a rookies second game. I was also wildly impressed with Cason Wallace. Thought it was a reach at draft time but once again Presti is way smarter than me.

It helps that Jarret Allen hasn't played a game yet, and the Cavs don't have a real center behind him. This was an issue last year when he missed like 30 games and they had no interior defense without him.  He has a huge impact on the team and creates a glaring hole when he's out. 

Other sad/funny thing from last night was Okoro got elbowed in the head away from the ball and hit the floor in the paint. Chet drives from the outside to go try a short shot from 5 feet and lands on him and the ref calls a foul on Okoro for being in the shooters landing area...

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It helps that Jarret Allen hasn't played a game yet, and the Cavs don't have a real center behind him. This was an issue last year when he missed like 30 games and they had no interior defense without him.  He has a huge impact on the team and creates a glaring hole when he's out. 

Other sad/funny thing from last night was Okoro got elbowed in the head away from the ball and hit the floor in the paint. Chet drives from the outside to go try a short shot from 5 feet and lands on him and the ref calls a foul on Okoro for being in the shooters landing area...

Also no Garland.

But regardless of who was out, JBB is among the worst 5 head coaches in the association.  Ok, we're up by 10 with about 2 minutes to play and we're trapping off the pick and roll when we have the most switchable big in the game...leading to wide open 3s.  We saw similar collapses last year.  

I mean, ffs, this is what JBB said after the game:

“We gave up 3-pointers,” Cavs coach J.B. Bickerstaff said after the loss. “That’s the only way you get back in the game. We had some breakdowns that led to some open looks."

Well, coach, why don't you do something about it?  Classic JBB - blame the players while taking no accountability himself.

image.thumb.jpeg.98ce411d7eede603f336442a0effcc60.jpeg

Oh yeah, and the refs who reffed last night's game should never be allowed in an arena again.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

As good as Paolo is, Orlando is going to end up regretting passing on Chet.

11 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Chet’s box score tonight was simply ridiculous for a rookies second game. I was also wildly impressed with Cason Wallace. Thought it was a reach at draft time but once again Presti is way smarter than me.

Agree on both of these.  I didn't realize how athletic he was until some of the pre season highlights.  I watched a few of his games in college and he didn't do much but that could have been because of their scheme or something.  He had 7 blocks last night and the last one was straight up against Mobley.  Watching him and Wemby over the years will be awesome.  Also agree on Paolo.  He'll be good but Presti and OKC will tell you they were targeting Chet for years and he would have been #1 regardless of whoever was out there except for maybe Wemby.

Also agree on Cason Wallace.  Might be a steal.  I was meh on the pick because they had enough guards but he's a player.  Great on defense and seems like he can shoot and score.