NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

9 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't want to say that the warriors are officially finished but they lost to Memphis who was playing without Ja, Bane, Smart, Adams, Brandon Clark and D Rose on a night where their only good player JJJ went 4-20.  

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

11 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't want to say that the warriors are officially finished but they lost to Memphis who was playing without Ja, Bane, Smart, Adams, Brandon Clark and D Rose on a night where their only good player JJJ went 4-20.  

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

Love to see the Nuggets doing a little Embiid trolling prior to the game tonight.  Tonight's game is in Philly.  Embiid hasn't played a game in Denver since 2019.  Last year he didn't even come out to the bench because everyone knew he was ducking Jok, so he watched the game in the locker room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm very critical of kidd and don't think he's a good coach especially for a young team that needs leadership.  what he did last night though was smart.  we were having trouble getting defensive rebounds.  nance and jonas v were manhandling us.  the refs were blowing whistles on every contact (on both teams) and with zion probably taking it strong to the rim there's a decent chance he was going to get an and 1.  and even if he missed we'd been giving up offensive rebounds to the pels.  so let's just foul him before he gets going and take it from there.  well done.

Love to see the Nuggets doing a little Embiid trolling prior to the game tonight.  Tonight's game is in Philly.  Embiid hasn't played a game in Denver since 2019.  Last year he didn't even come out to the bench because everyone knew he was ducking Jok, so he watched the game in the locker room.

[/url]  

Are all of those injuries the reason why Embiid has ducked playing in Denver? If so then golf clap to your team, sir

On 1/16/2024 at 2:33 AM, shadow_operative said:

new leader in the clubhouse for “most BS foul call of the year”:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/s/cM07omALVg

On 1/16/2024 at 3:57 AM, InkaUtexas said:

That is some bitch ass shit. League needs to fine him for that. A- Flopping. B- Throwing the ball. C- Being a bitch.

The gal ref needs to be fined as well. That was terrible.

• Like 1

I’ve seen some commentary about Carmelo being all pissed that the Nuggets gave #15 to Jokić and that it is disrespectful to him. Come on. I loved Carmelo his one year at Syracuse but, just shut up. 

Career #s: 

Carmelo - 1,260 games, 22.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 44.7% shooting, 35.5% from 3, 81.4% FT, 2 triple doubles, 4.6 defensive rebounds per game. 62 points, 22 rebounds and 11 assists for career highs. 34.5 minutes per game

Jokić - 632 games, 20.6 ppg (and rising), 10.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 55.5% shooting, 34.8% from 3, 82.8% FT, 117 triple doubles. 50 points, 27 rebounds and 18 assists for career highs. 30.9 minutes per game.

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the kawhi yell was on point lol:

Man I love Ant.

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Poor Bruce. Have to go to a shit team and take a paycut.

On the other hand he gets to move to Toronto from Indianapolis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’ve seen some commentary about Carmelo being all pissed that the Nuggets gave #15 to Jokić and that it is disrespectful to him. Come on. I loved Carmelo his one year at Syracuse but, just shut up. 

Career #s: 

Carmelo - 1,260 games, 22.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 44.7% shooting, 35.5% from 3, 81.4% FT, 2 triple doubles, 4.6 defensive rebounds per game. 62 points, 22 rebounds and 11 assists for career highs. 34.5 minutes per game

Jokić - 632 games, 20.6 ppg (and rising), 10.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 55.5% shooting, 34.8% from 3, 82.8% FT, 117 triple doubles. 50 points, 27 rebounds and 18 assists for career highs. 30.9 minutes per game.

he keeps saying that the nuggets did it in purpose to spite him, which makes sense, because when the nuggets drafted the overweight serbian during a commercial break in the second round they just knew that he would become an all time great. 🙄 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he keeps saying that the nuggets did it in purpose to spite him, which makes sense, because when the nuggets drafted the overweight serbian during a commercial break in the second round they just knew that he would become an all time great. 🙄 

Yeah, this narrative he's trying to spin is crazy.  Dude forced his way out of Denver but we're supposed to worry about his legacy?  And then he was replaced by a mid second round pick?  Melo's got issues and apparently can't handle the fact that Denver does not love him the way he feels we should.  

I've not been the biggest Siakim fan but I do like this for the Pacers.   They really didnt give up much and got a guy who can thrive in their super fast paced offense.    Apparently he wants to re-sign long term too.  

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, this narrative he's trying to spin is crazy.  Dude forced his way out of Denver but we're supposed to worry about his legacy?  And then he was replaced by a mid second round pick?  Melo's got issues and apparently can't handle the fact that Denver does not love him the way he feels we should.  

Not only did he force his way out of Denver, he made the Knicks gut their roster to get him so he could sign a larger contract when he could have gone to NY as a free agent at the end of the season. He screwed both franchises.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

Is that considered a good return? I guess they both could have walked for nothing at the end of the season so it beats a bag full of nothing.

Boy has the price of trading for talent taken a nose dive since the Rudy Gobert and Dejounte Murray trades. I suppose most of the contending teams are tapped out on picks and everybody else is hoarding them. Things are going to get really weird once the highest salary cap tier gets triggered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Kinda laughable he would think he has a legacy. When he used the word "accomplishments" i was thinking......what accomplishments? He accomplished a lot financially i'll give him that I guess.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Kinda laughable he would think he has a legacy. When he used the word "accomplishments" i was thinking......what accomplishments? He accomplished a lot financially i'll give him that I guess.

He was really good at scoring points.  But as Kobe would have said, Melo was soft. He didn't have that dog in him and was satisfied with scoring a lot of points for mediocre teams.