NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Yes or No for each team?

trade.thumb.PNG.18a5b3015f7f668d0a8e989d1337aa42.PNG

ATL isn't getting both Tre and Keldon plus 3 firsts bro. 

You need to look at player's contracts. 

To illustrate, this is Keldon Johnson's salary structure.

Screenshot_20240122_022506_Chrome.thumb.jpg.575ea4c55289054d8d6bb31faccb8051.jpg

That is extremely favorable in '26 and '27. As someone that doesn't love Keldon himself I'd sure as fuck pay 17.5 to have him in 2027. 

Atlanta also gets Tre Jones next season for 9M. 

Any move they make for Trae is an admitted move from them to move on and dump his salary. The Spurs giving Tre, Keldon and 3 firsts for that would be us bending over and taking it up the ass. 

Trae Young is not a valued commodity. 

Edited by ztejas

Totally disagree. The number of players in nba history to go for 27/11 on 50%+ eFG is pretty short.

He is a top 15/20 player at worst and would be the perfect guy with Wemby.

ATL would reset and get their picks back. They could move Murray back to PG and have some young pieces. It’s easier to move a couple of smaller contracts that one big one.

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Totally disagree. The number of players in nba history to go for 27/11 on 50%+ eFG is pretty short.

He is a top 15/20 player at worst and would be the perfect guy with Wemby.

ATL would reset and get their picks back. They could move Murray back to PG and have some young pieces. It’s easier to move a couple of smaller contracts that one big one.

Lol fuck no. Not in a million years. I don't care what the numbers say, the only ones that really count are wins and losses -- and Trae Young plays losing basketball. Period. He's a loser. He had one good series against the imploding Ben Simmons 76ers, another against the shitty Knicks where he acted like a douchebag, and the rest of his career is defined by killing coaches and repeatedly getting hunted on defense.

The last thing on earth the Spurs need is a ball dominant undersized heliocentric bad teammate chucker who plays zero defense. I wouldn't give Atlanta a single one of their picks back for him. I don't think I would even give up Malaki Branham for him. I wouldn't take him, his 36% three point percentage, his shitty contract, his terrible lettuce and his world's most punchable face on the Spurs for free.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

ATL isn't getting both Tre and Keldon plus 3 firsts bro. 

You need to look at player's contracts. 

To illustrate, this is Keldon Johnson's salary structure.

Screenshot_20240122_022506_Chrome.thumb.jpg.575ea4c55289054d8d6bb31faccb8051.jpg

That is extremely favorable in '26 and '27. As someone that doesn't love Keldon himself I'd sure as fuck pay 17.5 to have him in 2027. 

Atlanta also gets Tre Jones next season for 9M. 

Any move they make for Trae is an admitted move from them to move on and dump his salary. The Spurs giving Tre, Keldon and 3 firsts for that would be us bending over and taking it up the ass. 

Trae Young is not a valued commodity. 

Fuck that trade.  Agreed there.  But Trae is definitely a valued commodity.  That’s todays NBA.  Calling dealing him a salary dump is laughable.  If they wanna deal him they’ll get multiple firsts and some decent talent.  That’s not a salary dump.  

edit: see above post too.  No way in hell I’d want him on my team.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

The play where Joel flopped to get two free throws even though he didn’t need to, then under review by the ref who likes to lick his taint upheld the call, was my favorite part of the game, and no I’m not bitter.

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Edited by Kermit

The play where Joel flopped to get two free throws even though he didn’t need to, then under review by the ref who likes to lick his taint upheld the call, was my favorite part of the game, and no I’m not bitter.
200.gif
I can't stand the way he flops around. Same goes for KD if I'm being honest.

8 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Embiid sat half of the 4tb. 75/80 was in play if it was close game.

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Teams scoring 130-140 all the time.  70 is crazy impressive but I think we will see it more often.  Embiid sat a lot too.  75 seems like it could have been easy…

I ended up watching this game when he had 59 after 3.  As Fastbreak said, he didn't come back in until the 6 minute mark and then left with a minute left when he broke the team scoring record.  He could have easily had 80.

Lulz on Towns scoring that much and they still lost.

I ended up watching this game when he had 59 after 3.  As Fastbreak said, he didn't come back in until the 6 minute mark and then left with a minute left when he broke the team scoring record.  He could have easily had 80.

Ant took like 5 shots working on assists and ball security. Weirdest game ever. Could tell they were fucking around up like 19 pts then found out.

Thank god for the upcoming road trip. Team needs some cohesiveness and pull their heads out

They’re idiots

41 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Wolves were force feeding Towns at the expense of running actual good offense and trying to win, their coach said they disrespected the game and got what they deserved, lol.

42 minutes ago, d2o said:

I always liked Scary Terry. He's a great fit for Miami. I didn't realize he was averaging 23 ppg.

While I get that he's a bit redundant with Ball, I don't really understand why Charlotte would move off him for Lowry's expiring deal and what is sure to be a fairly well protected first round pick. Rozier has a reasonable deal for two more years after this. I guess they are fully embracing the tank? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I always liked Scary Terry. He's a great fit for Miami. I didn't realize he was averaging 23 ppg.

While I get that he's a bit redundant with Ball, I don't really understand why Charlotte would move off him for Lowry's expiring deal and what is sure to be a fairly well protected first round pick. Rozier has a reasonable deal for two more years after this. I guess they are fully embracing the tank? 

If Miami wants him that says plenty all by itself. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

CHA knows they are done for the yr.   They are just trying to clear the deck to try for a FA in the summer.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

lol at that getting Donovan Mitchell. He's not going anywhere this year. Possibly next year they look to move him if things go really poorly, but I think he will sign a supermax with Cleveland and stay for a while. 

I think Young or Murray would cost more than that too, unless they are completely unprotected Lakers picks. 

Lavine is gettable, because his contract is insane. Maybe they can get it to work with the Bulls. 

The Nets should be looking to trade Bridges and Claxton to the highest bidder. They need a rebuild badly. The Lakers should try to get one of them at least. 

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Milwaukee just fired their coach?? Dude has been there for 5 minutes, what kind of juicy story is behind this?

Terry Stotts is somewhere furiously masturbating in delirious glee.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How do the lakers have draft picks to split with? Aren’t they still paying off the Anthony Davis deal? Did they use picks to get Westbrook and dlo?

Clickbait. They ain’t got shit but an old dude, a mid-season trophy, and a hat full of dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A rookie coach seemed like a curious move before they got Dame but WOW.  Dude made it 43 gms and had the 2nd best record in the league.    Shit must've been truly fucked up in the locker room.

• Like 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

and assault policy and punishments are clearly spelled out in the penal code

Yeah as much as we may all want it to be what Dray didn't wasnt considered assault.

Just now, d2o said:

A rookie coach seemed like a curious move before they got Dame but WOW.  Dude made it 43 gms and had the 2nd best record in the league.    Shit must've been truly fucked up in the locker room.

For sure. Their defense has been atrocious all year. It's certainly not good enough to win a championship.

Shitcanning Bud because Giannis got hurt in the playoffs and then couldn't make a free throw and then shit down his own leg at crunch time seemed a bit  knee jerk to me. I know Bud had his faults especially in the playoffs, but he did coach them to a championship. 

Also... they promoted another former Spurs assistant Joe Prunty (yes, the same one who replaced Jason Kidd when he got fired there years ago) but it looks like they want to make a a more permanent move and Doc Rivers is being floated. I know Prunty plenty well and think he's a choad, but still better than Doc.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

For sure. Their defense has been atrocious all year. It's certainly not good enough to win a championship.

Shitcanning Bud because Giannis got hurt in the playoffs and then couldn't make a free throw and then shit down his own leg at crunch time seemed a bit  knee jerk to me. I know Bud had his faults especially in the playoffs, but he did coach them to a championship. 

Also... they promoted another former Spurs assistant Joe Prunty (yes, the same one who replaced Jason Kidd when he got fired there years ago) but it looks like they want to make a a more permanent move and Doc Rivers is being floated. I know Prunty plenty well and think he's a choad, but still better than Doc.

Doc Rivers is a great hire if you never want to accomplish anything in the postseason

• Haha 1