NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

25 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

there’s a whooooole lotta posters here who don’t want their posts from a year ago re: the wolves and/or rudy gobert to be necrobumped lol.

And I'm sure while they were losing to LAL in a play-in game at this time last year while Rudy was serving his suspension for trying to punch out Kyle Anderson in the last game of the season, you were confidently preaching patience, predicting that it would all click.

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And I'm sure while they were losing to LAL in a play-in game at this time last year while Rudy was serving his suspension for trying to punch out Kyle Anderson in the last game of the season, you were confidently preaching patience, predicting that it would all click.

lol nope. but i also wasn’t trashing minny nor was i claiming that rudy gobert is a lamp post covered in garbage and pigeon shit. 

speaking of which, rudy has a very legit case to be the most underrated player in the nba. fans trash him and think he sucks, and he just got voted by his peers as the most overrated player in the league, and by a fairly large margin. he’s one of the best defensive players ever, he has a high IQ and rarely hurts you with his play/decisions, and his addition to the team has unlocked KAT’s potential now that he gets to be the player he’s always wanted to be. so no, i wasn’t championing minnesota a year ago, but i also never slammed them, nor did i hop on the “rudy gobert sucks” bandwagon. can’t say the same for plenty of our nba thread denizens.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Highly debatable.

Shit, I don't think a debate can be make for Orlando. Boston has been a Top 2 defense three years running. Tatum, Brown, White, and Holiday offer a lot of length and versatility around the perimeter. Porzingis and Horford are good for 3 blocks a game. That's also a lot of experience and high IQ on there roster. Not sure any team would prefer seeing Boston's defense to Orlando's in a playoff setting.

Rudy is a great defensive player and a limited offensive player. He’s been the same dude for 6 years now when healthy.

Overrated or underrated doesn’t mean much. If you have him on your team you will have a good defense no matter who else is out there.

• Like 1

The Gobert trade only looks good because Edwards went supernova, the Conley trade, and the incredible growth from Reid and McDaniels. It was still a horrible overpay and they’re about to be a second apron team because of his dumb $44 million / contract. Nobody ever said he was worthless on the court, it’s what they gave up for him and his cap figure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Nobody ever said he was worthless on the court

nba fans are up there with soccer fans when it comes to a desire and propensity to talk mad shit, and a year ago nba fans were cruuuushing rudy gobert. look, he’s far from perfect/ to me he’s a luxury player who needs to be surrounded by the right supporting cast in order for him to be his best, but he’s still a helluva lot better then most nba realize/give him credit for.

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Gobert trade only looks good because Edwards went supernova, the Conley trade, and the incredible growth from Reid and McDaniels. It was still a horrible overpay and they’re about to be a second apron team because of his dumb $44 million / contract. Nobody ever said he was worthless on the court, it’s what they gave up for him and his cap figure. 

Right. Would they be that much worse long-term with Walker Kessler, all those picks, and a much more flexible cap situation? ANT is 22. 

Granted - if they win a title with Rudy then I guess it becomes fairly moot. 

57 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right. Would they be that much worse long-term with Walker Kessler, all those picks, and a much more flexible cap situation? ANT is 22. 

Granted - if they win a title with Rudy then I guess it becomes fairly moot. 

That's where I'm at. Again, I suppose it's all worth it for a franchise that just won its first playoff series in twenty years, but they have a real opportunity to build something sustainable. Once Edwards escalator kicks in, they are going to be damn close to the second apron before next season starts with only 9 guys under contract. It's just not feasible to have three max contracts on your cap any longer with the new CBA. And their ownership situation is messy right now. 

Pat Riley chose violence today.

1. Butler isn't getting a contract extension, needs to keep his mouth shut when he's not on the court, and needs to play more games in-season.
  2. Herro needs to work on his nutrition and conditioning.
  3. Spo doesn't know what he's doing on offense of defense. 

I'm sure Butler in particular will just let those comments slide.  Might as well trade him for peanuts now before he torches your franchise.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That's where I'm at. Again, I suppose it's all worth it for a franchise that just won its first playoff series in twenty years, but they have a real opportunity to build something sustainable. Once Edwards escalator kicks in, they are going to be damn close to the second apron before next season starts with only 9 guys under contract. It's just not feasible to have three max contracts on your cap any longer with the new CBA. And their ownership situation is messy right now. 

does make this a one-year run for this team?

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Pat Riley chose violence today.

1. Butler isn't getting a contract extension, needs to keep his mouth shut when he's not on the court, and needs to play more games in-season.
  2. Herro needs to work on his nutrition and conditioning.
  3. Spo doesn't know what he's doing on offense of defense. 

I'm sure Butler in particular will just let those comments slide.  Might as well trade him for peanuts now before he torches your franchise.

Just saw that. He also called out Udonis Haslem for speaking out of turn.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Like 5 players are all having kids within a few months of each other
Ant had his a month or 2 ago, NAW is on deck, Rudy just now, Jaden’s due, I think Jordan McLaughlin is expecting

Horny bastards besides kat and Luka Garza

SGA had one last week.  

I have a mixed view on this.  If it's some random Tuesday night in February, be there for your wife.  If it's a playoff or title game, you play.  You get paid a fantastic sum of money to play a game and the important games can make or break your teammates career.  It's kind of like Scheffler at the Masters but we later learned his wife wasn't really about to give birth.  (If you're in contention for the Masters, you play.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Was windy all day today here too. Non stop BS.

Tonight’s gonna be a tall task. We still have 4 bodies to throw at joker but missing Rudy’s defense expertise will suck.

At least murray isn’t 100%
Nuggs have to win tonight. Hobbled Jamal and no Rudy. KAT probably in foul trouble if they put him on Jok.