THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Here we go again - we should put tags under people’s names. 

The 11-1 Bama will pass Texas camps and

The 11-1 Bama will not pass Texas camp

I'm sitting on the fence between both camps.  I think there is a decent chance the committee doesn't have the balls to exclude the SEC and will have to let Bama in if they win the conference.  If that happens, I hope the discussion would be "well, we can't exclude Texas if we include Bama, let's take another look at FSU and Oregon.....".  I think Bama winning is a long shot, but that scenario absolutely gives us a better shot than if Georgia wins (where there is a 100% guarantee they get a spot while also making our win over Bama less valuable).       

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It really boils down to Louisville. There are 5 power conferences and 4 seats at the table. Leaving one out is mandatory, but leaving two out would depend on a significant gap between the #2 from the "better" conference and the winner of the "worse." If Louisville wins, ACC is the odd man out. If we shit the bed against OSU (lose or win ugly), the committee has its excuse to take a second team from somewhere else, whether that be UGA after losing to Bama, UW after a close loss to UO, or tOSU. But an FSU loss and Texas taking care of business is a clear path.

8 minutes ago, blutow said:

I'm sitting on the fence between both camps.  I think there is a decent chance the committee doesn't have the balls to exclude the SEC and will have to let Bama in if they win the conference.  If that happens, I hope the discussion would be "well, we can't exclude Texas if we include Bama, let's take another look at FSU and Oregon.....".  I think Bama winning is a long shot, but that scenario absolutely gives us a better shot than if Georgia wins (where there is a 100% guarantee they get a spot while also making our win over Bama less valuable).       

edit:  misread your post.  Looks like we agree mainly.

Most years yes.  However, can you name one out of conference marquee win for the SEC?  Missouri beating K-state on a 60 yard game winning FG is their best win as a conference.  A team we beat with our back up QB.  LSU and Florida lost to FSU.  Florida lost to Utah.  Bama lost to Texas.  Aggy lost to Miami.  Auburn lost to New Mexico State.  UGA and Bama are CFP worthy and the rest of the league is spares.  If the committee decides to put a 1 loss Bama team, they will have to state why they jumped Texas.  A team they lost to at home by 10 in a game where they were dominated on the line of scrimmage.  If they let Bama in, they will have to also put Texas in.  There is a reason Bama is behind us in the rankings despite them “looking” better through mid season until this last week. 

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

It really boils down to Louisville. There are 5 power conferences and 4 seats at the table. Leaving one out is mandatory, but leaving two out would depend on a significant gap between the #2 from the "better" conference and the winner of the "worse." If Louisville wins, ACC is the odd man out. If we shit the bed against OSU (lose or win ugly), the committee has its excuse to take a second team from somewhere else, whether that be UGA after losing to Bama, UW after a close loss to UO, or tOSU. But an FSU loss and Texas taking care of business is a clear path.

This is where I'm at. It all comes down to us and FSU. If FSU wins, we're out. If they lose and we win, we're in.

22 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The committee has a guidelines they apparently follow.

Conference champions

head to head 

common opponents

eye tesr

- There is absolutely no way a 1 loss Bama team is going to jump Texas if they beat UGA.  The committee would then be telling all of college football that head to head doesn’t count.  None of the other teams have beaten a CFP team and they would be leaving out Texas that has already proven to have beaten one in this scenario.  Bama needing a fucking miracle to beat a TERRIBLE auburn team is also going to shut down the Bama is better now talk.  Bama and Oregon winning out creates chaos with nearly multiple 1 loss teams.  UGA, Bama, Oregon, Washington, tOSU would all have 1 losses in that scenario.  This favors Texas in ng opinion.  We just need to throttle okie lite.

Then there is also no way a 12-1 Oregon should get in over 12-1 Texas.

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If they let Bama in, they will have to also put Texas in.

+100, that is my hope and why I think it can only be good if Bama beats Georgia.  Yeah, I agree that SEC should be on the bubble if Georgia doesn't win, I'm just not sure the football gods would allow that.  The talk of 2 teams from SEC or B1G is silly in my opinion.  I get the argument that OSU or Georgia might still be one of the best 4 teams in the country, but that's not how it works.  Results/championships matter.  If the committee was just picking the best 4 teams, FSU wouldn't even be in the discussion right now.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Louisville has a real chance to beat Florida State.  They might even be favored in that game.

And that’s pretty much it.  Iowa is going to get blasted by Michigan.  If Oregon beats Washington, they won’t drop them behind us.  If Alabama beats Georgia, they will absolutely pick Bama instead of us.

I do agree we have a stronger resume than Oregon and it’s bullshit that a 1 loss Pac12 team would get preference over us.  That conference has zero quality wins OOC, and they made their reputation from beating each other.   But, at the same time, I have to acknowledge we had a pretty flawed season.  There were a lot of close wins over trash Big 12 teams until this week when we finally dominated someone again.

I think we should be the highest ranked 1 loss team (and that we’re better than FSU and Washington even if they are undefeated), but I can’t get too upset.  This wouldn’t be like 2008 when coaches downvoted us on purpose to help their butt buddies, and the media for some reason decided OU beating the same teams 63-35 was actually better than us beating them 49-10, and used that to justify ignoring our head to head win.  That was bullshit.

Assuming wins for both next week:

Oregon: 12-1. Three-point loss on the road as a three-point dog against a 12-1, top five rival who is otherwise undefeated, in a game that they coulda/shoulda/woulda won if not for some questionable coaching decisions; avenged that loss in a CCG and has beaten everyone they have played. Dominating wins over one, maybe two additional ranked teams, one of which was on the road. Has only been remotely challenged maybe two other times, once on the road at the beginning of the year and once against the reigning Heisman winner (and calling this being challenged is generous). Championship of maybe the deepest top to bottom league in the country this year. Consistently ranked in the top 5 by predictive analytics.

Texas: 12-1. Four-point neutral site loss as a TD favorite against a ranked 10-2 rival with in an inflated record, in a game that they coulda/shoulda/woulda have won if they had not fucked up any of a half-dozen aspects of the game. 10-point road win over a 11-2/12-1, top ten team. Neutral site CCG win against a team in the 20's that was blown out by a Sun Belt team. Maybe one other ranked win, at home in OT, which they were both frankly lucky to get but also impressive in doing so with a backup QB. Several fourth quarter games with average to bad teams. Championship of probably the fourth best league in CFB. Consistently ranked in the the top 10 by predictive analytics.

To your point on OOC wins/conference profile:

The PAC 12 was 29-7 OOC. Two non-P5 losses, ASU (2-7 in league) got blanked by Fresno State and Stanford (2-7) lost to a FCS. 7-5 against P5 and 3-1 against Big 12. I agree there is no hugely impressive win there. Some decent ones but nothing to compare to Texas's win over Alabama.

The Big 12 was 30-12, 6-6 against P5. Six non-P5 losses including the #2 seed losing 33-7 at home to a Sun Belt also ran. ISU finished fourth and also only scored 7 in a loss to Ohio (not State). Texas has the Bama win, which is absolutely to their credit individually, but there are no wins of significance for the rest of the conference and a slew of bad losses. And as mentioned above, 1-3 against the PAC 12. 

There's not a huge difference in profile there but to argue it's bullshit that a PAC team would be ranked ahead based on conference performance is not grounded in reality. The B12 has Texas's Bama win offset by several instances of shitting of the bed, including by teams that were in contention for the CCG or are playing in it.

I don't understand how people conclude that Texas is definitively the better team and it would be bullshit to be ranked even one spot below Oregon unless it is just a burnt orange sunglasses thing. To be clear, I am not saying Oregon is definitively better than Texas. I might favor them slightly at a neutral site but frankly I think their profiles are very similar from a playoff perspective; but the bolded seems to be a pervasive line of thinking across the Texas fan base and seems very weird to me.

24 minutes ago, blutow said:

It's only nonsense if you believe 2 SEC teams get in.  I know you think that (and anything is possible with a human committee), but that scenario is way, way crazier than the other scenarios. The only time it's happened in the past is when the non-champ goes in over a 2 loss champ.  It's looking like it will be 5 very deserving champs.  It's not the best team on paper, the results of the games have to matter to some degree.      

Not a single part of me believes a non-champ Georgia goes over us in any scenario where we finish 12-1. We might get squeezed by a 13-0 UW, 13-0 UM, 13-0 FSU and 12-1 Bama, but we would not be left out in favor of 12-1 non-champ Georgia. We’d be 5th in that scenario.

And there would be a lot of heartburn about 12-1 Bama over 12-1 Texas and I think the committee can just say H2H and leave them out in that scenario. 

Like many, I am most scared about what happens if it’s 13-0 UM, 13-0 Georgia, 13-0 FSU, 12-1 Oregon and 12-1 Texas. 

For the love of Texas, I will be a huge UGA and UW and Louisville fan. Do not want to be up against a 12-1 Oregon and a 12-1 Bama

• Like 1

If Bama wins they're in, end of story. It doesn't matter that Texas defeated them in their house. A 1 loss SEC champ will most likely always be selected to the playoff, plus they would have the better resume with wins over Tennessee, UGA, LSU and Ole Miss. KSU losing yesterday didn't help Texas in the SOS department. I can definitely envision a healthy UL team knocking of a crippled FSU team in the ACC championship. UW needs to win the Pac 12 championship game. There is a glimmer of hope yet if some pieces fall into place for Texas to become the #4 seed. I'd call a Big 12 championship with a NY6 win a huge success with a 13-1 record, big step up from 8-5.

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Exactly.  Those rankings came out halfway through the season.  Let the conference championship games play out and let them the. decide with an entire body of work.  They will have to then pick between two teams with equal record, both conference champions.  One with a top 10 strength of schedule, best win of the year, beating 4 ranked opponents, and finally playing and winning big.  When the talking heads pull up those graphics on tv showing Texas and Oregon’s resume, you tell me which way all those committee members will lean.  Oregon was beating overrated Utah and Colorado teams when they were “looking” good.  Klatt has already jumped Texas ahead of FSU in his latest rankings.  This will work itself out if Texas wins big and if any of Washington losing, FSU losing or Bama winning out plays out.  The only scenario where Texas gets left out is the undefeated stay undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, blutow said:

It's only nonsense if you believe 2 SEC teams get in.  I know you think that (and anything is possible with a human committee), but that scenario is way, way crazier than the other scenarios. The only time it's happened in the past is when the non-champ goes in over a 2 loss champ.  It's looking like it will be 5 very deserving champs.  It's not the best team on paper, the results of the games have to matter to some degree.      

I’d rather not tempt fate with the Committee, who’s shown a tremendous bias toward SEC over the years. Rooting for chaos is distinct from rooting for Bama to win. It’s contrarian and cute and utterly stupid. 

17 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

There you go again, saying nonsense and wrong and all your bullshit. 

See above and shut your face dweeb. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

For the love of Texas, I will be a huge UGA and UW and Louisville fan. Do not want to be up against a 12-1 Oregon and a 12-1 Bama

Why UW?  I agree that it's a long shot we jump 12-1 Oregon (since we haven't already and their case only gets stronger), but 13-0 UW is definitely in.  

Just now, blutow said:

Why UW?  I agree that it's a long shot we jump 12-1 Oregon (since we haven't already and their case only gets stronger), but 13-0 UW is definitely in.  

13-0 UW knocks out Oregon. Just want them out of the equation entirely. I’d rather we have to be put up against 12-1 Bama if it comes to that than 12-1 Oregon. 

Friendly reminder the Pac 12 CCG is Friday night so we should know what our chances of making the CFP with a win are by the time we get up on Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jewish Wang said:

Rooting for chaos is distinct from rooting for Bama to win.

Bama winning is the biggest form of chaos that could happen next week as it relates to Texas.  If Georgia wins that game (likely), the committee has a huge sigh of relief.      

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Exactly.  Those rankings came out halfway through the season.  Let the conference championship games play out and let them the. decide with an entire body of work.  They will have to then pick between two teams with equal record, both conference champions.  One with a top 10 strength of schedule, best win of the year, beating 4 ranked opponents, and finally playing and winning big.  When the talking heads pull up those graphics on tv showing Texas and Oregon’s resume, you tell me which way all those committee members will lean.  Oregon was beating overrated Utah and Colorado teams when they were “looking” good.  Klatt has already jumped Texas ahead of FSU in his latest rankings.  This will work itself out if Texas wins big and if any of Washington losing, FSU losing or Bama winning out plays out.  The only scenario where Texas gets left out is the undefeated stay undefeated.

Exactly, all of this.  Plus, Texas turns on more TV sets than Oregon, and ESPN put up around 3 BILLION dollars for the current playoff contract. 

29 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

I see no way Bama winning helps us at this point. It’s pretty straight forward in my opinion.

Need Oregon to beat Washington 

Need FSU to lose

We should get in if either of these happen. Also Michigan losing to Iowa somehow would be great.

Oregon is already ranked above Texas by the CFP committee and just added a 24 point win over a ranked team. They are playing an undefeated, top 4 team in the CCG while Texas is playing a team that is ranked because the committee has to get to 25 teams.

Regardless of where one falls on whether a 12-1 Oregon should be ranked over a 12-1 Texas, everyone should understand that a 12-1 Oregon absolutely will be ranked over a 12-1 Texas in the final rankings. There's no rooting interest in the Pac 12 title game unless you think one is a better potential matchup than the other, or if you think one of Dubs or Puddles is a superior mascot (it's Dubs bitch).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, blutow said:

Bama winning is the biggest form of chaos that could happen next week as it relates to Texas.  If Georgia wins that game (likely), the committee has a huge sigh of relief.      

It increases the number of true competitors for us and is an incredibly stupid thought. 

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Exactly, all of this.  Plus, Texas turns on more TV sets than Oregon, and ESPN put up around 3 BILLION dollars for the current playoff contract. 

That simply doesn’t matter. CFP has been just fine without us since….inception. 

2 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Probably because a close UW loss leaves them hanging around like this tOSU narrative. 

The more of those there are, the better.  Again, I believe the chances of a non-champ getting a spot are already near zero and the more 1 loss "deserving" non-champs there are, the lower the likelihood that any of them get in.    

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not a single part of me believes a non-champ Georgia goes over us in any scenario where we finish 12-1. We might get squeezed by a 13-0 UW, 13-0 UM, 13-0 FSU and 12-1 Bama, but we would not be left out in favor of 12-1 non-champ Georgia. We’d be 5th in that scenario.

And there would be a lot of heartburn about 12-1 Bama over 12-1 Texas and I think the committee can just say H2H and leave them out in that scenario. 

Like many, I am most scared about what happens if it’s 13-0 UM, 13-0 Georgia, 13-0 FSU, 12-1 Oregon and 12-1 Texas. 

Yeah I don't get the 2 SEC thinking. 12-1 UGA has home wins over Mizzou and Ole Miss. I guess Tennessee too because the committee keeps ranking them (y tho?). They have no conference championship and no OOC win of significance. They could back in if it is a complete chaos scenario where Texas and other favorites lose in CCGs but at that point what do we care?

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I should politely inform you that the committee doesn't give a flying fuck about "prestige", dollars and cents nor TV views, etc. Their duty is to put the most four deserving teams in the bracket.

• Haha 2

Two conferences (SEC and B1G) are guaranteed to send at least one representative, if not two if other conferences are deemed not worthy by comparison. That's why I think we should root for undefeated champs from those conferences. Then we pick our battles with Pac 12 and ACC and hope our resume looks better assuming we all have the same W-L records. If one of these two conferences has an unbeaten champ, they also go in ahead of us. 

22 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head‐to‐head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2016/10/24/selection-committee-protocol

that is the committee guidelines on their site.. that should favor Texas

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That simply doesn’t matter. CFP has been just fine without us since….inception. 

What are you on about?  Texas has never been an option before.  Texas turns on more TV sets than Oregon.  All other things being equal, Texas gets the nod over Oregon.

And all other things aren't even equal.  Texas' resume is better, in addition to being a bigger draw.

Our problems are the undefeated teams, not Oregon.

Just now, utee94 said:

What are you on about?  Texas has never been an option before.  Texas turns on more TV sets than Oregon.  All other things being equal, Texas gets the nod over Oregon.

And all other things aren't even equal.  Texas' resume is better, in addition to being a bigger draw.

They’re ranked ahead of us now and will be moreso when they beat UW. We’re not getting in over Oregon and tv sets that haven’t been an option for the CFP in the past when it has killed in ratings aren’t even going to factor in. 

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Two conferences (SEC and B1G) are guaranteed to send at least one representative, if not two if other conferences are deemed not worthy by comparison. That's why I think we should root for undefeated champs from those conferences. Then we pick our battles with Pac 12 and ACC and hope our resume looks better assuming we all have the same W-L records. If one of these two conferences has an unbeaten champ, they also go in ahead of us. 

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I hope y'all brought enough drugs to share with the whole class. The PAC 12 champion is a lock.

It sucks that Florida State plays last because the cleanest scenario and the super unlikely scenario are total opposites and totally depend on FSU. I wish FSU played first so I knew what to root for.

Clean Easy Scenario: FSU loses, Georgia wins, Washington Wins, Michigan wins. They take the undefeated conference champs and Texas. Hardly any 1 loss teams are left, and the few that are don't merit discussion.

Super Unlikely Scenario: FSU wins so we need as many 1 loss champs as possible to muddy the waters. Bama, Texas, Oregon, Michigan (lol), with Ohio State and Washington suddenly being considered as well.

But it mainly just comes down to FSU losing or a miracle.

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, blutow said:

Not to mention that this scenario has never involved a potential 1 loss p5 champ with a win over one of the 2 sec teams. I would put the chances of both Georgia and Alabama going over us near 0%.

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

That's why I think we should root for undefeated champs from those conferences. Then we pick our battles with Pac 12 and ACC and hope our resume looks better assuming we all have the same W-L records. If one of these two conferences has an unbeaten champ, they also go in ahead of us. 

hmmm....  There will be 4 unbeaten conference champs in that scenario and we won't have anyone with the same w-l record left to debate with.  We want as many 1 loss conference champs as possible, including Bama and Oregon.  No guarantee we get in over either of those, but there is a chance.   

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Oregon is already ranked above Texas by the CFP committee and just added a 24 point win over a ranked team. They are playing an undefeated, top 4 team in the CCG while Texas is playing a team that is ranked because the committee has to get to 25 teams.

Regardless of where one falls on whether a 12-1 Oregon should be ranked over a 12-1 Texas, everyone should understand that a 12-1 Oregon absolutely will be ranked over a 12-1 Texas in the final rankings. There's no rooting interest in the Pac 12 title game unless you think one is a better potential matchup than the other, or if you think one of Dubs or Puddles is a superior mascot (it's Dubs bitch).

If Bama wins out, you think the committee would pick Oregon over Texas despite Texas being better in every comparable statistic and also having a common opponent that has Texas whipping them?  In this scenario, the committee would pass up Texas to put Oregon in when Texas will have a double digit win on the road against another CFP team in Bama?  It doesn’t matter if Oregon beats Washington.  Both teams will be 1 loss teams.  In this scenario, CFP committee will have to say “Yes, we left out Texas who has a better strength of schedule, beaten more ranked teams, has the best win of the year against another CFP team… but Oregon wins the eye test”.  That isn’t happening man.  If Texas beats okie lite by 20+ points…. The more chaos, the more it favors Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

If Bama wins out, you think the committee would pick Oregon over Texas despite Texas being better in every comparable statistic and also having a common opponent that has Texas whipping them?  In this scenario, the committee would pass up Texas to put Oregon in when Texas will have a double digit win on the road against another CFP team in Bama?  It doesn’t matter if Oregon beats Washington.  Both teams will be 1 loss teams.  In this scenario, CFP committee will have to say “Yes, we left out Texas who has a better strength of schedule, beaten more ranked teams, has the best win of the year against another CFP team… but Oregon wins the eye test”.  That isn’t happening man.  If Texas beats okie lite by 20+ points…. The more chaos, the more it favors Texas.

Absolutely. Look at the current rankings. Oregon's ahead now and their profile will only improve relative to Texas accounting for a win over Oregon State and then Washington. The decision has already been made. This is not rocket surgery.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I don't disagree that Texas should be ahead, and I believe there is a good chance that the committee puts us ahead of Oregon this week. If they don't do it now, they won't do it after Oregon beats UW.

the majority of you are sucking the cocks of the status quo.

we’re not making it if washington, georgia, michigan, and fsu all win next week, and rightfully so.

but we should be in if we win, and any of the above mentioned teams lose.

we’ve got a h2h win over alabama on the road, a better schedule and wins than oregon including a dominating performance against a common opponent, and both louisville and iowa are not contenders.

you guys act like texas is second fiddle to the best, and that’s ridiculous.

it’s this simple: texas is the best choice for the cfp, unless all of the 4 above us win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

lulzno

An undefeated Washington PAC champ is a lock.  Otherwise, nah.

Mother fucking this!  The worst thing for Texas is Michigan, UGA, FSU, Washington winning out.  If any of those 4 teams losses, we are likely in.  If Oregon wins, we really need Bama to win out.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't disagree that Texas should be ahead, and I believe there is a good chance that the committee puts us ahead of Oregon this week. If they don't do it now, they won't do it after Oregon beats UW.

Why would they do it now?  They just beat the #16 team by 24.  They certainly won’t after they beat UW.  We have no shot against Oregon. 0%.  We also have 0% against a 12-1 Bama team. Y’all are smoking crack if you think otherwise. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Why would they do it now?  They just beat the #16 team by 24.  They certainly won’t after they beat UW.  We have no shot against Oregon. 0%.  We also have 0% against a 12-1 Bama team. Y’all are smoking crack if you think otherwise. 

you dumb fuck. we’re better than both of these teams, it’s proven on the field.

Just now, Jewish Wang said:

Because we now have played a common opponent. When records are the same, you look at H2H and results against common opponents. They ranked Oregon ahead when we were barely escaping with wins while Oregon just hammered Utah who was considered one of the best teams at the time. Now that win doesn't look as impressive any more and we have started to dominate. So a lot has changed that warrant a reevaluation of the rankings of these two teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

That is the problem with the early rankings. The committee tried to say the Utah win was the same as the Bama win. That looks completely stupid now. Let’s not pretend that we haven’t seen teams leap frogged in the final rankings.. all I know is the committee has written guidelines. Those are Championships, SOS, head to Head, and comparative outcomes of common opponents. Those are written on their website, those are not my criteria. Based on their website, there isn’t a single criteria that puts Oregon over Texas 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

You might be a bigger pussy than satayanah

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

Because we now have played a common opponent. When records are the same, you look at H2H and results against common opponents. They ranked Oregon ahead when we were barely escaping with wins while Oregon just hammered Utah who was considered one of the best teams at the time. Now that win doesn't look as impressive any more and we have started to dominate. So a lot has changed that warrant a reevaluation of the rankings of these two teams.

A result against tech in Lubbock in week 2?  They’ve pretty much already said our win in Tuscaloosa in week 2 doesn’t mean much. Why would a close road win mean anything?  They’re ALREADY AHEAD OF US AND SLATED TO PLAY AN UNDEFEATED IN A CCG. THEY WILL NOT BE RANKED BELOW US. 

• Fuck You 1

A result against tech in Lubbock in week 2?  They’ve pretty much already said our win in Tuscaloosa in week 2 doesn’t mean much. Why would a close road win mean anything?  They’re ALREADY AHEAD OF US AND SLATED TO PLAY AN UNDEFEATED IN A CCG. THEY WILL NOT BE RANKED BELOW US. 

Since it's impossible to play the common opponent in the same week, so yes, one team would have to play them earlier than the other. I am not sure how that invalidates the results against the common opponent. Then why consider it at all?

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

That is the problem with the early rankings. The committee tried to say the Utah win was the same as the Bama win. That looks completely stupid now. Let’s not pretend that we haven’t seen teams leap frogged in the final rankings.. all I know is the committee has written guidelines. Those are Championships, SOS, head to Head, and comparative outcomes of common opponents. Those are written on their website, those are not my criteria. Based on their website, there isn’t a single criteria that puts Oregon over Texas 

Okay, fair enough?  But they’re not gonna change it.  Not with a 24-point win over #16 and probable win against #4. Bitch all you want, but not at me, and stop living in fantasy land. 

Just now, victory88 said:

You might be a bigger pussy than satayanah

I’m just a realist. This isn’t a wildass prediction. This is staring you in the face. You know it and everyone on this board knows it, but yet some of you insist on being delusional Aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Since it's impossible to play the common opponent in the same week, so yes, one team would have to play them earlier than the other. I am not sure how that invalidates the results against the common opponent. Then why consider it at all?

I’m not really sure they do. It’s a consideration if they’re between two teams, I guess, but they’re not here. 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]