THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Since this ain't preseason anymore

Win out, get a normal amount of shaking out and upsets, and we're in a great spot.

obv 1 of Wash or OU will drop below texas.

nightmare scenario is OSU or UM will lose in a regular season squeaker, and the other will lose in a CCG squeaker, and both will have 1 loss, and both campaign to get in.

although recency will be against them.

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

AF getting no love and USC getting too much. 

SC is mind blowing, but it will correct itself Saturday when they lose.  And then lose the next 2 after that. 

AF is getting no love because of SOS.  Other than Wyoming (their by far best victory sitting at 5-3), everybody else has a losing record. 

In an odd twist of fate,  Kansas may actually end up being our best regular season conference win. If they win this weekend in Aimes, they get two cupcakes and KSU at home to end season. I'll be surprised if they end up at worse than 9-3 barring another QB injury or losing Neal. I think that win is going to age very well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The SEC has got to be the worst they’ve been as a conference since what, 2005?

Their biggest non conference games, UT - Bama, FSU - LSU, UF - Utah, Miami - A&M, all losses. 

Their best out of conference wins are Mizzou over KState and Ole Miss over Tulane.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I am accumulating an inventory of old couches in the front yard in anticipation of an Ohio State National Championship.  Wish me luck, Guys!

Dumbass.  You collect them in the back yard or in between trailers.   Or so my rural OH family tells me. 

53 minutes ago, heso said:

Their biggest non conference games, UT - Bama, FSU - LSU, UF - Utah, Miami - A&M, all losses. 

Their best out of conference wins are Mizzou over KState and Ole Miss over Tulane.  

Refreshing, ain't it?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, heso said:

Not that I’d ever root for it, but imagine if OU had played and beaten Georgia. Boy the mystique would have worn off fast 

1 hour ago, heso said:

Why are we going to a shitty conference?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

nightmare scenario is OSU or UM will lose in a regular season squeaker, and the other will lose in a CCG squeaker, and both will have 1 loss, and both campaign to get in.

If UM loses to OSU and we win out, we get in ahead of them. Their best win would be at Pedo State and ours at Alabama. OU/OSU are comparable losses and the rest of our schedule is substantially stronger. We'd have ranked wins over the Kansas schools and potentially ISU. Plus, they are lowdown cheaters which won't help. 

If UM wins that game in a tight one, it will be a close call. I still think we would get in as a conference champ with pretty similar resumes. 

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I enjoy having realistic playoff aspirations in November for once, but we're not even a lock to make it to Arlington at this point. I'd like us prove we can actually win our conference. Anything after that is just frosting for me this year. 

That being said, if we get left out of the playoffs with one loss due to some 2008 style fuckery, I will probably be the biggest lunatic on this board. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I enjoy having realistic playoff aspirations in November for once, but we're not even a lock to make it to Arlington at this point. I'd like us prove we can actually win our conference. Anything after that is just frosting for me this year. 

That being said, if we get left out of the playoffs with one loss due to some 2008 style fuckery, I will probably be the biggest lunatic on this board. 

Fucking ksu scurrs me to death. Even without he-witch billy snyder running the show. 

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Siap but has a one-loss conference champion ever missed the CFP?

im assuming yes but i dont remember because im a moron

Well there hasn't really ever been this many undefeated teams. Someone will drop a game or it will be a stacked playoff. 

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Siap but has a one-loss conference champion ever missed the CFP?

im assuming yes but i dont remember because im a moron

assuming you are talking exclusively about P5 conferences...

ohio state in 2018.  went 12-1 and won the big 10, played washington in the rose bowl.  they got blown out by hapless purdue midseason.

tcu in 2014.  went 11-1 and shared big 12 championship.  killed ole miss in the peach bowl.

I'm peppering my Angus in anticipation of being passed over for a team that will flame out spectacularly in the first round.

On the other hand we're one massive blown coverage in the secondary away from controlling our own destiny in the last 3-4 games.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why yes, our resume >>> Oregon’s 

I can't see how we jump Oregon (assuming we both win out).  We ALREADY have the better resume.  They will have added to their resume wins over the (current) No. 5 and 12 teams in the country.  Some fucking bullshit.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

We will be 7th or 8th tonight, but still this:

That got me interested in the rest of the teams.

GEORGIA
Two ranked wins - beat Ole Miss & Tennessee to end the year and they'll have four ranked wins

OHIO STATE
Two ranked wins - beat Michigan and they'll have three ranked wins

MICHIGAN
No ranked wins - beat Penn State & Ohio State and they'll have two ranked wins

FSU
Two ranked wins - Nobody on remaining schedule is ranked

WARSHINGTON
Two ranked wins - beat Utah & Oregon St and they'll have four ranked wins. 

OREGON
Two ranked wins (including Colorado) - beat Oregon State to make it three ranked wins

THE GOOD GUYS
Three ranked wins - Nobody on remaining schedule is ranked

ALABAMA
Three ranked wins - Nobody on remaining schedule is ranked

*Not including conference championships

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

I'm peppering my Angus in anticipation of being passed over for a team that will flame out spectacularly in the first round.

On the other hand we're one massive blown coverage in the secondary away from controlling our own destiny in the last 3-4 games.

and we're a missed PAT from crying in cornflakes because we're not winning the rig on the way out

23 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The committee is using eye test to rank right now over resume. The only two games we've played since rankings started didn't involve our starting QB. If QE comes back and we roll I think we'd have a good chance of jumping Oregon. 

How?  Oregon would have beaten No 12 Oregon St and No 5 Washington.  They are already ahead of us and their schedule on the way out is harder. 

The committee always contradict themselves. Why is OSU #1? Due to the wins. So, why isn’t Texas or Bama ahead of Oregon? A better loss > better win/worse loss?

Edited by Pound Town

I agree with Greg. One thing I’ve always hated is how subjective this committee is. And for those saying “they did X in the past” you’re forgetting the variable that the committee members have changed. What they did in the past makes jack shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, sidis said:

assuming you are talking exclusively about P5 conferences...

ohio state in 2018.  went 12-1 and won the big 10, played washington in the rose bowl.  they got blown out by hapless purdue midseason.

tcu in 2014.  went 11-1 and shared big 12 championship.  killed ole miss in the peach bowl.

So only osu in 2018. Why did they get left out ?

27 minutes ago, Pound Town said:

How?  Oregon would have beaten No 12 Oregon St and No 5 Washington.  They are already ahead of us and their schedule on the way out is harder. 

The committee always contradict themselves. Why is OSU #1? Due to the wins. So, why isn’t Texas or Bama ahead of Oregon? A better loss > better win/worse loss?

There's no other reason to rank them ahead. We have wins against 8, 16, and 25. With a top 12 ish likely CCG opponent. That clears what Oregon has done and can do on the way out. 

If FSU drops one though it'll all  a moot point 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]