Texas vs Wyoming- 2pm on LHN

shadow_operative

man. we’re far enough into the season where i’m seeing things from RT’s team that just do not meet the standard set by barnes and beard. abmas has a shaka-like green light as soon as he crosses half court, our team does not consistently get into good offensive sets which we’ve mastered, instead opting far too often for pounding the ball/mindless passing ending with a late clock heave, and the defense is pretty much as poor as it’s been since Penders. i don’t enjoy typing these things, but it’s what i’m seeing so far. 

Edited by shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you see how easy it is when we do it right?!?

that’s a barnes quote from some practice from way back in the day btw. always stuck with me. we recruit at a very high level; we should be coaching and developing at a very high level; at that point, it’s on the coaches to put the players in a position to succeed, and then up to the players to do the right thing. when we take a turn around, fade away three with 25 seconds left on the shot clock it doesn’t go well. when we get/take wide open catch-and-shoot jumpers we splash them. it really does come down to player execution, and this team is talented enough to do really well if they can be disciplined on offense.

eta: being more disciplined on offense would really help out our defense as well.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Getting Dsiu back will help, but we will get beat by any team with above average big guys, unless we figure something out. U Conn was a clinic, and Wyoming hurting us as well. 

Onyema is not good. It will be better when he’s playing 8 minutes a night instead of 15-20.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Getting Dsiu back will help, but we will get beat by any team with above average big guys, unless we figure something out. U Conn was a clinic, and Wyoming hurting us as well. 

Uconn was #5, defending champs and could roll out 7'2, 6'10, 6'10...we're not going to run into many teams like that. But to claim any time we play a team with above average bigs we lose is some pussy-ass bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Took my boys to the game. I really like what I saw. Great win. I absolutely love this stadium.

Can’t wait to visit Moody for a game.

I have pics of my daughters with PJ Tucker and Daniel Gibson as kids at FEC. Her fiancé works with the Blazers and recently tried to mansplain PJ to her. She was having none of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Was that a rig 12 crew today? One of the zebras seemed to have a hardon for us for a bit in the second half. Terry was pissed. 

Holy shit, how many times does this have to be said, there are no conference officials in basketball. They are all affiliated with the NCAA with certain territories.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Have you seen their schedule? They beat furman and Charleston by 7 and lost to saint louis by 10. We beat them by the amount i expected us too. Especially at home. 

3 of their top 6 players are underclassmen and they can score. Plus Linder is a good coach. 

I bet this Wyoming team ends up being very similar to the 25-9 team from 2 years ago that made the tournament.