Texas vs TTU- 7pm on ESPN2

No idea what's going to happen. We seem like we're starting to come together in a lot of areas. Shooting is good. Inside scoring getting better, but our size in that department took a big hit when Devan Cambridge got hurt. Defense has been pretty decent as of late. Certainly not where McCasland would like it to be, but it's coming around. I worry about our chances in league games when the 3 pointers aren't falling.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Is their starting 2 guard sitting out due to the rape charges or are they just gonna let it ride for now?

I am not subbed to the paywalled shit anymore, but my assumption would be he plays for now due to there being no criminal investigation.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I am not subbed to the paywalled shit anymore, but my assumption would be he plays for now due to it being against Texas

Obviously 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

The university statement, apparently:

LUBBOCK, Texas – Upon learning of the allegations, the matter was immediately and properly reported to the University’s Title IX Office.  The Title IX Office and its process are external to and independent from TTU Athletics.  The Title IX Office’s investigation into the allegations promptly commenced.  Athletics reached out to the Title IX Office on two occasions and was informed both times that based upon the information, Pop Isaacs remains in good standing, and there is no reason to withhold him from University activities, including basketball competition.  The Title IX Office will continue to follow its process until it is completed, regardless of the civil lawsuit.

I don't really know the details of what happened, but I have been told (via a cousin that works there) that the Tech Title IX office does not fuck around with stuff like this after this situation with Jett Duffy, so I hope they have learned their lesson. We'll know for sure once all this plays out, I guess.

56 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

and there is no reason to withhold him from University activities, including basketball competition. 

I mean... there's a reason. 

The fact that it was a different country probably helps his case. Feel like the legal waters get muddy when you start crossing international boundaries.

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean... there's a reason. 

The fact that it was a different country probably helps his case. Feel like the legal waters get muddy when you start crossing international boundaries.

Yeah I have no idea. I would guess that if there was a criminal investigation going on, he'd already be off the team based on what they've done with basketball before.

Posted (edited)

i’ve been saying it all year and i’ll keep saying it: abmas is 1-2 tonight, missing a pull up jumper and swishing a catch-and-shoot three. i’m dying to know what his shooting splits are in this regard. he’s lethal off catch and shoot. not so much off the pull up. he needs to be more AJ Abrams, less DJ Augustin with the shot selection. 

Edited by shadow_operative

Wow, I already forgot that TT Coach Mark Adams got fired for those "insensitive" bible verses.

New coach is Grant McCasland.

image.png.38775af149ea714db373100a3ceb3554.png

Speaking of bible, I ran into some Latter Day Saints on their ten-speeds while walking my dogs today.
Before they could get into their thing, I told them the true story about how I had a dream last night.
I'd gone to Church for the first time in ~20 years and halfway through the services, the Church came under attack.
By Mexican drug runners.  I immediately jumped into action and shot up most of them with my AR.
I ran out of ammo and so, I ran back into the Church and asked if anyone had any guns?
One middle-aged guy sitting on a pew threw his hand gun at me, saying "Take it, take it I don't want it any longer".
So, I took it, ran back outside and shot up the remaining murderous Mexican Drug Runners.
I saved the Church and went back inside to see if any hottie Church Ladies would throw themselves at me in gratitude.
But I woke up.

The one latter day dude was impressed and said he had a dream about Church last night too.
I asked him what it was and he said,,, he got into a fist fight in Church.
I said, "wow, that's so cool.  Okay guys, have a good one" and I walked away before they could tell me about Jesus.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Wow, I already forgot that TT Coach Mark Adams got fired for those "insensitive" bible verses.

New coach is Grant McCasland.

image.png.38775af149ea714db373100a3ceb3554.png

Speaking of bible, I ran into some Latter Day Saints on their ten-speeds while walking my dogs today.
Before they could get into their thing, I told them the true story about how I had a dream last night.
I'd gone to Church for the first time in ~20 years and halfway through the services, the Church came under attack.
By Mexican drug runners.  I immediately jumped into action and shot up most of them with my AR.
I ran out of ammo and so, I ran back into the Church and asked if anyone had any guns?
One middle-aged guy sitting on a pew threw his hand gun at me, saying "Take it, take it I don't want it any longer".
So, I took it, ran back outside and shot up the remaining murderous Mexican Drug Runners.
I saved the Church and went back inside to see if any hottie Church Ladies would throw themselves at me in gratitude.
But I woke up.

The one latter day dude was impressed and said he had a dream about Church last night too.
I asked him what it was and he said,,, he got into a fist fight in Church.
I said, "wow, that's so cool.  Okay guys, have a good one" and I walked away before they could tell me about Jesus.

10 out of 10 I want to subscribe to this newsletter

• Haha 1

Just now, BigTEAMLittleme said:

Why is he getting all these minutes? Is he doing something in practice that we’re not seeing?

If he gets enough minutes, he will eventually not be a huge detriment to the team?