Texas (+10.5) @ Houston- Noon on CBS

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

So you dont want to put your money where your mouth is. You just want to rant like Derka. Got it 

lol. Rant? So anyone that responds to your dumb fucking post is ranting? Got it. At least the board gets to see you’re the one doing this and not derka. Got it. And yea I’ll bet you. You tell me? $50? $100? Put your money where your big mouth is. And what’s the round? What’s “up to their seed” since you’re the expert you tell me? What’s the round a 1 seed goes out? Sweet 16 is the floor. So you say they won’t make the sweet 16? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

lol. Rant? So anyone that responds to your dumb fucking post is ranting? Got it. At least the board gets to see you’re the one doing this and not derka. Got it. And yea I’ll bet you. You tell me? $50? $100? Put your money where your big mouth is. And what’s the round? What’s “up to their seed” since you’re the expert you tell me? What’s the round a 1 seed goes out? Sweet 16 is the floor. So you say they won’t make the sweet 16? 

I think a one seed should make the regional final at a minimum, but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

What’s the round a 1 seed goes out? Sweet 16 is the floor. So you say they won’t make the sweet 16? 

Lol you think a sweet 16 exit is acceptable for a 1 seed? The 1 seed means they’re supposed to win the region 

I win if they lose in the sweet 16 or earlier. You win if they make the final four. We can call elite 8 a push 

Just now, Blotto said:

Jesus christ its not hard, a #1 seed plays to its seed if they  make the final four.

I can’t believe he’s saying I’m the one who doesn’t know basketball but a 1 seed getting bounced in the sweet 16 is playing to its seed 🤦🏼‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

This team is absolutely less than the sum of their parts even with glaring skill set deficits on this roster. This team with a good coach is a 5 or 6 seed.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Having to talk this roster up to make the claim that they're poorly coached is definitely a stance to take. I didn't watch them much before the LSU game but it took about 5 minutes of that one for me to realize how problematic this backcourt is. Terry has already made plenty of adjustments trying to make up for it like starting Weaver and limiting Tyrese's minutes but it's not going to be enough in certain matchups.

Abmas is 2/14 right now. Tyrese hasn't scored since like 10 mins in the first half and has 5 turnovers to 1 dime. Those are not coaching issues - that's a very limited backcourt getting eaten alive by one of - if not the - best team in the country on the road. 

But yes - please tell us how much you know about basketball and how guys like Onyema and Horton are actually stars they're just being wronged by RT. 

I can’t believe he’s saying I’m the one who doesn’t know basketball but a 1 seed getting bounced in the sweet 16 is playing to its seed 🤦🏼‍♂️

You don’t you’re an idiot. You compared Houston to Bob Huggins West Virginia team. They wish they had the success of Houston. Lmao. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There was a reason Virginia just had him playing defense and rebounding. 

Terry's evaluations on his transfers was pure garbage outside of Weaver and Abmas, but Abmas' lack of size and athleticism kills them on the defensive end and hurts them when they play teams with high end athletic guards like today. 

Correct.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

But yes - please tell us how much you know about basketball and how guys like Onyema and Horton are actually stars they're just being wronged by RT. 

You change game flow. You play to the players’ strengths.

Yes, all the sudden all of the players just suck. Or maybe Sampson knows exactly what he’s doing and run circles around our team most days for a coaching. Your RT sunshine pumping looks really good about right now. And if it is just a roster problem as you cling to, then Terry certainly helped build this roster.

Yes, this loss was expected, but this is just embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You don’t you’re an idiot. You compared Houston to Bob Huggins West Virginia team. They wish they had the success of Houston. Lmao. 

You really don’t get the point, huh? You must be pretty slow. 

But if you think my post was the dumbest thing you’ve read on here, I’d like to thank you for helping me out by posting an even dumber take within an hour by suggesting that a 1 seed losing in the sweet 16 is performing to their seed 

Bad coaches are overconfident in their abilities to fix bad players and form rosters around them. Terry came in here thinking he could win with a horrible backcourt, no rebounding, and no defense. He thought he could just add scrubs like Onyema, Shedrick, and Horton to replace our two blue chips, Holland and Johnson. Sure, it could just be the result of transition and a lack of foresight for one year. But there's no culture or identity with this team, and I can't say anyone has really improved other than Weaver and maybe Disu coming back from injury. There's no indication that Terry will ever be much better than he was at previous stops, and his track record isn't good. We care too much about optics, but if a good coach like Lloyd was available, I wouldn't hesitate to move on from Terry. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Lol you think a sweet 16 exit is acceptable for a 1 seed? The 1 seed means they’re supposed to win the region 

I win if they lose in the sweet 16 or earlier. You win if they make the final four. We can call elite 8 a push 

2022 all the 1 seeds were out by the sweet 16 except Kansas who won. The tourney is hard. You’re just a moron that looks at seeds when history shows how tough it is. I pointed this out in the original post you made about “they’ll find out like West Virginia did”. No they won’t find out because 1) they play this way every year and 2) went to the final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16. So clearly they won’t find out. But instead of addressing your stupid fucking post you decided to say “oh yea let’s bet”. So you want to bet I’m down. But address first the stupidity in your post. Which you won’t, you’ll say I’m derka instead and show everyone how big of a pussy you are. So yea I’m gonna keep calling you out until you say something and not pivot to the tourney. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MotownHorn said:

You really don’t get the point, huh? You must be pretty slow. 

But if you think my post was the dumbest thing you’ve read on here, I’d like to thank you for helping me out by posting an even dumber take within an hour by suggesting that a 1 seed losing in the sweet 16 is performing to their seed 

I didn’t say it was I was asking you. Do you know what a question mark is? 

also maybe know what the history of 1 seeds is in the tourney. Do you even know what the fuck you’re talking about? 

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what a bizzare flex

chanting sec when you just got to the big12

double bonus: upside down horn shirts made for the occaision

goodbye cougar high

we will be pulling for your opponents

in all sports

forever

I doubt I'll ever give a shit about that glorified community college in the future. yet another school we never need to schedule OOC

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I think we all did.

Other than changing conferences, what do we see (not just today, but any day) that gives us hope for a better season in 2025? I want to think we'll improve, but I certainly can't point to anything that's happening on the court.  

Same.  Not trying to be ugly but think next season will be worse

1 minute ago, Sal said:

He thought he could just add scrubs like Onyema, Shedrick, and Horton to replace our two blue chips, Holland and Johnson.

I’m gonna venture to say he didn’t tell himself this or think this. He had eyeballs and a brain. 

No one in the portal was replacing those two, especially with how late in the process they bounced.

You’re ranting about how they won’t get bounced earlier than they should like WV used to while pointing to their sweet 16 exit as a 1 seed last year as evidence to back up that point 

That Is so incredibly stupid 

Yea comparing West Virginia who’s never had the consistent success as Houston was such a spot on example. Great job fuck tard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

2022 all the 1 seeds were out by the sweet 16 except Kansas who won. The tourney is hard. You’re just a moron that looks at seeds when history shows how tough it is. I pointed this out in the original post you made about “they’ll find out like West Virginia did”. No they won’t find out because 1) they play this way every year and 2) went to the final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16. So clearly they won’t find out. But instead of addressing your stupid fucking post you decided to say “oh yea let’s bet”. So you want to bet I’m down. But address first the stupidity in your post. Which you won’t, you’ll say I’m derka instead and show everyone how big of a pussy you are. So yea I’m gonna keep calling you out until you say something and not pivot to the tourney. 

And in 2008 the final four had all #1 seeds. But it doesnt matter because BY DEFINITION playing to your seed means that a #1 seed makes the final four.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I didn’t say it was I was asking you. Do you know what a question mark is? 

also maybe know what the history of 1 seeds is in the tourney. Do you even know what the fuck you’re talking about? 

Multiple others said that a 1 seed should make the final 4. No one agrees with you that a sweet 16 exit is acceptable for a 1 seed

but yeah it’s me who doesn’t know what I’m talking about! 

Multiple others said that a 1 seed should make the final 4. No one agrees with you that a sweet 16 exit is acceptable for a 1 seed

but yeah it’s me who doesn’t know what I’m talking about! 

Also no one agrees with you that this Houston team will “find out” like West Virginia did. When did West Virginia have a team ranked and successful and in the top 3-5 for 4 straight years? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea comparing West Virginia who’s never had the consistent success as Houston was such a spot on example. Great job fuck tard.

From 2007 to 2017 WVU made 4 sweet 16s and a final four 

take a deep breath and admit you’re an idiot already 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And in 2008 the final four had all #1 seeds. But it doesnt matter because BY DEFINITION playing to your seed means that a #1 seed makes the final four.

Yea I didn’t say otherwise? I asked what was his standard so we can bet. Maybe read my post. I asked a question I didn’t make a statement. He knows most years the majority of 1 seeds don’t make the final four. 

From 2007 to 2017 WVU made 4 sweet 16s and a final four 

take a deep breath and admit you’re an idiot already 

Then what will they find out? Your statement implied Houston has never been there before and this year they’ll find out. You made the dumb fucking statement about them finding out not me. 

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

So you dont want to put your money where your mouth is. You just want to rant like Derka. Got it 

Read this post motherfucker you literally brought derka into this. I wasn’t white knighting anything. You’re just a huge bitch is what you are. 

• Fuck You 1

Despite this ugly loss, I am not too disappointed by this team and the coaching job RT has done so far. I guess I was expecting it to be a lot worse, so in a strange way, I don't mind this season too much. We are a middling team capable of causing some upsets, and if we get a favorable draw, we might win a game or two in the tourney.

Just now, UTEE97 said:

Despite this ugly loss, I am not too disappointed by this team and the coaching job RT has done so far. I guess I was expecting it to be a lot worse, so in a strange way, I don't mind this season too much. We are a middling team capable of causing some upsets, and if we get a favorable draw, we might win a game or two in the tourney.

For sure. You definitely had pretty low expectations to be fair.

You were questioning if recruits could even understand him when he talked.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

while the draw will help, I'm not sure the draw will have a lot to do with it(if we make the tourney).  It will mainly depend on if Abmas shows up or not.  I expect Disu to show up.  I don't expect Hunter to show up at all.  Abmas is probably 60/40 to show up. 

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

If we make the tourney.

Womp, womp.