2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Brown and O'Dowd need to sit. If you can't hit at all, a young guy needs your reps.

You’ve seen the rest of our lineup and the first guys off the bench? We suffer through their slumps. We have this offense until they bust out. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Why can’t we do that?

2 reasons:  We don't have the talent and we don't have the coaching.

I don't like admitting it, but LSU has a better program than we do, top-to-bottom.

There's a reason they got #7 before we did and did it in many fewer CWS appearances.

They may get #8 or #9 before we get #7.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Hondo said:

I don't like admitting it, but LSU has a better program than we do, top-to-bottom.

There's a reason they got #7 before we did and did it in many fewer CWS appearances.

What coaching don’t we have? They got #7 because the owner of Marucci is an LSU alum.

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

This makes me ragey.

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Yeah because we gave up a hit to Mitchell in the bottom of the ninth in 2009. That's why.

• Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I get it but we say this every year under DP. I wish it wasn’t this way but it is the way we do things 

Getting my flights to Omaha now. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah because we gave up a hit to Mitchell in the bottom of the ninth in 2009. That's why.

FUCK

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, B00M said:

You’ve seen the rest of our lineup and the first guys off the bench? We suffer through their slumps. We have this offense until they bust out. 

Play JT in the outfield.

Kennedy 100% needs to start over O'Dowd. Greater range at 2B, more speed on offense, a greater BA and OBP. His small sample size shows promise. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

The coaching we don’t have starts at the top. 5th choices rarely work out.

It’s year 8. Who the fuck cares what choice he was. The results have been about as good as we could expect from any choice.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

It’s year 8. Who the fuck cares what choice he was. The results have been about as good as we could expect from any choice.

At this point, how many coaches would anyone take over him? The list is really really small. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Agree.   From here on out it's all about NIL.   That is how you get to the final series.   There's no other way.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

We’ve won 6 since 1949. He’s not exactly behind schedule 

2005. I was 30 years old. I’m almost 50. I’m right here and you know it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Play JT in the outfield.

Kennedy 100% needs to start over O'Dowd. Greater range at 2B, more speed on offense, a greater BA and OBP. His small sample size shows promise. 

i agree with all that which puts O’Dowd at 1B or DH right? Maybe a game off but this team can’t afford to give up on him

Just now, D3zii said:

I hope CDC is watching this and see’s we need to do something to compete with the top teams specially in the SEC

rather it’s Coaching, NIL, Shit something 

We don’t need to do anything to compete with the SEC. 

Just now, B00M said:

i agree with all that which puts O’Dowd at 1B or DH right? Maybe a game off but this team can’t afford to give up on him

Make Porter play 1B

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Dude.... (gorilla ball bullshit, and an errant pitching change in 09 got them to 7 before us)

• Hook 'Em 1

Make Porter play 1B

Fuxk competing 

we want to win the SEC. 
football, Volleyball Softball and maybe W.BBall are the only sports I feel that are ready not to just be happy to be there but to win it 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well we need to roll out better rosters than this. We were fucking juiced in '21 and '22 - not sure what has happened since then but the talent level just isn't the same. '21 had like five guys that would easily be the best player on this team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

Fuxk competing 

we want to win the SEC. 
football, Volleyball Softball and maybe W.BBall are the only sports I feel that are ready not to just be happy to be there but to win it 

How will we ever compete in the big bad SEC with the winningest program in college baseball history.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Well we need to roll out better rosters than this. We were fucking juiced in '21 and '22 - not sure what has happened since then but the talent level just isn't the same. '21 had like five guys that would easily be the best player on this team. 

Those guys graduated and we have a team full of freshman and sophomores because our transfers are all not playing this season.

Edited by hobbes2702

How will we ever compete in the big bad SEC with the winningest program in college baseball history.

That’s the attitude we had with football!!! That’s why we sucked for these last few years. Complacent and going off of the past

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

This makes me ragey.

It pisses me off to no end too, but it's true.

If you actually know the game down to the smallest details, it's painfully obvious.

I knew we were in trouble after the 1st inning when I saw how we were trying to pitch them and how they were approaching their at-bats.  Those AB's had far less to do with LBJ and the hitter(s) than it did coaches' scouting/planning/coaching up.

On the flip side, the pitch calling for Holman was brilliant and he executed the plan very well.  We refused to let the ball run deep in the zone and go opposite field, so he continued to kill us with the breaking ball on the outer half.

In baseball, the smallest things matter.  They add up to hits/baserunners, and those add up to runs.  Or you can just ignore it and get dominated like we have tonight.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

And that 2021 team still went to Arlington and got booty blasted and went to College Station and got shut out. Then in Omaha we got Bednar’d twice.

We struggle against big time arms. I don’t think we are alone in that at the college level. How did top 10 Oregon State feel last week when Hagen Smith struck out 17 batters in 6 innings.

• Hook 'Em 2