Cal Poly @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

The top end arms for Cal Poly weren’t bad, but I have a tough time believing they can get above .500 in the Big West with their offense.

Don’t think this series will end up moving the needle SOS or RPI wise, but it’s certainly better than playing Texas Southern or Wagner for 3.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The top end arms for Cal Poly weren’t bad, but I have a tough time believing they can get above .500 in the Big West with their offense.

Don’t think this series will end up moving the needle SOS or RPI wise, but it’s certainly better than playing Texas Southern or Wagner for 3.

They have 3 or 4 good players. I think the  talent level has decreased markedly in the Big West and WCC in the last 20 years.

8 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

They have 3 or 4 good players. I think the  talent level has decreased markedly in the Big West and WCC in the last 20 years.

No doubt. And now with UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington heading to the Big Ten, I think baseball is about to get even worse out there. All the good kids aren’t afraid to leave the state and are headed to the SEC, or portaling up if they have success at a Cal Poly type school.

1 minute ago, BB65 said:

Fullerton, LB State and Pepperdine may get better moving forward. 

Will be interesting to follow. I think those schools remain pretty much in the same tier they’ve been in. NIL at those places is basically non existent. Prime example was Long Beach State’s best starting pitcher transferring to Oklahoma State before the 2023 season then getting drafted in the 3rd round.

26 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Haha, are you currently watching the replay of game 2 on LHN?

Wonder how many viewers LHN lost this afternoon/evening by carrying yesterday’s baseball replay rather than today’s baseball on a delayed basis … earlier not late tonight?

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I would kill for a shortstop in SA

i live in pflugerville (breaking news!!! lol) and it feels like the nearest shortstop is in SA lol. i have a buddy who ended up starting his own business in transportation, but i begged him to take the money he used for that and instead use it to build a SS in pflugerville lol. shortstop slams and goes hard on a whole different level. 

• Hook 'Em 2