Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

Horny Bull

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That second homer doesn’t even reach the warning track at the Disch 

Yeah, 326' at the foul pole is a high school ballpark (mine was 325')

That was also with a good breeze blowing OUT....(despite what the ESPN announcers said so I've been told)

Edited by BillyGoatHill

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

There is definitely a lot of offensive talent on the team.  But the pitching and defense is crap.

Not sure I would truly question the talent but fuck man, talent gets you jack shit in today’s world. it needs to show the fuck up. 

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yeah, 326' at the foul pole is a high school ballpark (mine was 325')

And the thin air carries everything.

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Have we seem Boehm at all this weekend?

Nope. He would have first out of the bullpen for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

About how I thought the series would go, though expectations always rise with a Friday win. Galvan and KS in the lineup was a nice revelation. I don’t even know if Storm would’ve had a spot in this lineup if Pierce would give Dee ABs

DH, or put JT in center and Porter at DH. O’Dowd is the guy that would lose out

YALL need to lower y’all’s standards this season. YALL let game 1 reel yall back in. 

we’re just not there this year, our pitching isn’t good and we’re hot and cold at the plate. 

im just happy we didn’t get 0-3 on the weekend 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

About how I thought the series would go, though expectations always rise with a Friday win. Galvan and KS in the lineup was a nice revelation. I don’t even know if Storm would’ve had a spot in this lineup if Pierce would give Dee ABs

He would've been at first with JT in center. Gasparino most likely wouldn't have been getting at bats and experience.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

DH, or put JT in center and Porter at DH. O’Dowd is the guy that would lose out

O’Dowd should be the guy losing out even without storm. Go look at the Duke 2023 stats and filter out non-conference. The assumption he was going to be a difference maker was pretty rosy to begin with 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

despite what the ESPN announcers said so I've been told)

For the record, these are Tech announcers. The main guy has been calling tech football games for decades. They are 100% homers. 

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

O’Dowd should be the guy losing out even without storm. Go look at the Duke 2023 stats and filter out non-conference. The assumption he was going to be a difference maker was pretty rosy to begin with 

Hes 6’5” 240 and a career 900 OPS. He certainly would have improved our lineup and defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

I'll be the semi-casual fan who asks, "Why don't we have elite pitching?" Because we don't. 

Combination of everything. Poor recruiting from 2020-2022, injuries, portal misses, juco misses, lack of development. 

• Like 1