Washington @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

19 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Let me know when y’all realize this team is playing to earn its right to the CWS on the road. They prefer the challenge to the ease of winning it at home.

Just tuned in for the last inning.  Imagine my surprise at seeing Dee Kennedy at SS and Powell at catcher...  What's going on?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Powell is a big upgrade defensively at catcher but the problem is it creates a hole at 3B. I think Borba will be a solid player eventually but not sure he’s ready for primetime right now.

IMO catcher is way more important but it might hurt his hitting some playing catcher

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO catcher is way more important but it might hurt his hitting some playing catcher

Schuessler has also been a better hitter than Galvan too all things considered. Creates some weird combos.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Schuessler has also been a better hitter than Galvan too all things considered. Creates some weird combos.

could ODowd play 3rd?  just spitballing at the possibilities.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Didn’t hurt Teagarden or Rupp. Powell isn’t exactly them but I’m not sure it’s going to matter that much. 

Seriously asking since I guessed I completely missed it yesterday or today...I know Galvan hurt his thumb and can't catch, so Schuessler has been behind the plate.  He can't catch the ball for shit, but he's thrown out a few and has been hitting alright.  What happened to get Powell at catcher?

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Disagree with that first statement.  There's not a huge difference, but Galvan is better in every category except batting average.

28 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Seriously asking since I guessed I completely missed it yesterday or today...I know Galvan hurt his thumb and can't catch, so Schuessler has been behind the plate.  He can't catch the ball for shit, but he's thrown out a few and has been hitting alright.  What happened to get Powell at catcher?

Schuessler was hit by several foul balls his last outing behind the plate. Some of those are because he does that dumb fucking thing where he drops to a knee and sticks the other leg out to the side so his entire lower body is completely exposed. Some were just the sort that come with the territory being behind the plate and exactly why we don’t want PP back there long term. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hondo said:

Just tuned in for the last inning.  Imagine my surprise at seeing Dee Kennedy at SS and Powell at catcher...  What's going on?

Kimble is banged up (and WA was going to run on him all weekend) and Jalin had the flu today (both ends) and barely made it in to the clubhouse after one of his at bats (the pop up I believe)

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Kimble is banged up (and WA was going to run on him all weekend) and Jalin had the flu today (both ends) and barely made it in to the clubhouse after one of his at bats (the pop up I believe)

Gotcha, thanks.  I missed most of the game, but caught the tail end and was quite surprised when Powell took his mask off after hosing the runner at 2nd.  

Powell looked pretty damn comfortable back there too.  I get that he's a catcher-turned-3B, but still.

Edited by Hondo