Aaron Donald Retires

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder if early retirements stave off the CTE, or if playing football from 10-32 means the damage is done. 

Considering linemen (both sides of the ball) have the most repetitive micro trauma of any position in football, I’m assuming the damage is done if he’s going to develop it. 

That being said, not all who played develop CTE, so who knows what if means for AD. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Greatest DL this century, maybe even best defensive player this century and best interior DL ever IMO.

Absolutely no shade on AD as he was a bad motherfucker but you can't say he was definitively better than JJ Watt. Both devastating players and had unique skill sets. AD was blessed to have stayed healthier, as JJ had 2 seasons in his prime taken by injuries and still came back to have one of his best years at 29. 1A and 1B maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Absolutely no shade on AD as he was a bad motherfucker but you can't say he was definitively better than JJ Watt. Both devastating players and had unique skill sets. AD was blessed to have stayed healthier, as JJ had 2 seasons in his prime taken by injuries and still came back to have one of his best years at 29. 1A and 1B maybe. 

He is better than JJ Watt.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

ah so you're from houston

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You're a fucking idiot. I didn't include the Houston part because that would be redundant. Let me guess, Woodlands? Katy?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, futureman said:

ah so you're from houston

7 hours ago, MisterP said:

You're a fucking idiot. I didn't include the Houston part because that would be redundant. Let me guess, Woodlands? Katy?

wJdDAj.gif.82e21f35509f245c2abebea358f05b1a.gif

Ok asswipes here are their career stats including playoffs:

Games- 165 / 160

DPOY- 3/ 3 (means more than all else)

Sacks- 117/ 120

TFL- 186/ 205

FF- 24/ 27

Which is which you fucking pussies? 

Footnote- one had 3 pick 6s and 3 offensive TDs

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

wJdDAj.gif.82e21f35509f245c2abebea358f05b1a.gif

Ok asswipes here are their career stats including playoffs:

Games- 165 / 160

DPOY- 3/ 3 (means more than all else)

Sacks- 117/ 120

TFL- 186/ 205

FF- 24/ 27

Which is which you fucking pussies? 

Footnote- one had 3 pick 6s and 3 offensive TDs

One of them plays defensive end, the other plays defensive tackle....

The defensive tackles numbers being damn near the same as the defensive end tells you all you need to know as just how dominant he was. 

I also don't recall seeing QB's tweet out thank god JJ is retiring.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

Aaron Donald is one of only two players to have made the ProBowl in every single year he played with a minimum of 10 seasons. wild stat. would have thought there would be more than that

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've met Aaron a few times, dating back to his high school days at Penn Hills. I saw him play in high school, more than a few times. His school is just about 15 miles, in a straight line, from where I live. He was always a good guy.

I have a cousin who was Danny Marino's tight end in high school and roomie and played together at Pitt. My cousin has stayed involved with Central Catholic football over the years and one night after a Central game at Penn Hills he called me and said that he just watched the best high school defensive lineman that he had ever seen. 

In high school when Central played against Penn Hills in the western Pa. playoffs my cousin had to try and block Billy Fralic, then himself just a sophomore at Penn Hills. Also, as a freshman at Pitt in practice he was supposed to block Hugh Green and Rickey Jackson, so I take him at his word.

Also, what I saw in person was incredible, even before he got to Pitt. I think Aaron's only other scholarship offers coming out of Penn Hills were Toledo and Akron, and possibly Rutgers. Many had him ranked as a three-star. Perhaps a bit of editing was done to name him a four-star.

It was just a joy to watch him play throughout his entire career, from Penn Hills to Pitt and then the Rams.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:39 PM, Davis Lane said:

What the hell happened with MisterP?

As for AD, yes the greatest I've seen and my football watching days go all the way back to the Steel Curtain and the Doomsday defense.

I always kind of thought Donald was what Joe Greene would have been with today's training, nutrition and health care. The two are similar in size.

He also should have been in the top-5 in Heisman voting in 2013, since he won the Lombardi, Nagurski, Badnarik & Outland trophies.

Edited by PittsburghTiger