2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Does Xander have the worst contract in baseball now? 9/$229M left for a 31-year old 2B/DH that ain't hitting at all currently. 

Machado has 9/$316M left and turns 32 in July and ain't hitting much better.  But the entire baseball media was all in on SD going for it.  Knocking the Dodgers out of the playoffs that one time flies forever I guess.

I would not have bet on Profar being by far their best hitter this year.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

And have two major cogs that have injury histories. If Soto was to leave this lineup for any appreciable amount of time they would be in a world of hurt as he is the player most responsible for the Yanks returning to being good again. Perhaps you are intentionally glossing over the potential injury issues that can come up for the Yanks with Judge and Stanton.

Beating up on bad teams is how you build winning records so mission accomplished from the Phillies so far. 

I think you’re glossing over Bryce Harper’s injury history. The Yankees were winning even while getting less than nothing from Judge & Stanton earlier this year. And we haven’t had Cole or Dominguez at all yet. Your take is simply terrible. 

Edited by Helobious

You have zero ability to have any objectivity. It’s one of the reasons you miss so badly on almost every single prediction you make in all sports. The Yankees would be better served if you picked them to finish dead last every year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Is this good?

Devers sets franchise consecutive game HR record (10)

Rafael Devers sets a franchise record for the most consecutive games with a home run with 6, hitting a two-run homer to left field and extending the Red Sox's lead to 3-0 in the 4th inning

• Hook 'Em 2

my top 5 baseball movies ….

1. League of Their Own 

2. The Natural 

3. Bad News Bears

4. Pride of the Yankees 

5. Major League / Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings / Fever Pitch / Field of Dreams 

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

5. Major League / Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings / Fever Pitch / Field of Dreams

I have come to accept that some people don't like Field of Dreams (because they were born without a soul).  But having Field of Dreams and Fever Pitch tied just makes no sense to me.  

1.  Field of Dreams

2.  Bull Durham

3.  League of their Own

4.  Sandlot

5.  Moneyball

Most overrated:

1.  Major League

2.  Natural

3.  Eight Men Out

• Hook 'Em 3