2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

And you'll still lose the season series to the Padres. 

Many years ago, Lasorda ranted about the Dodgers' bad luck against the Padres.  

Something like "the cocksuckers are 15 games under .500, but when they come up here they turn into the '27 Yankees"

19 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

helo has a higher batting average than matt olson.

Can you do for Olson whatever it is you did for Michael Harris last year? that would be swell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is for @Zonahorn.

Right-hander Adbert Alzolay, who opened the season as the Chicago Cubs' closer, was placed on the 15-day injured list on Monday with a right forearm strain.

Right-hander José Cuas was recalled from Triple-A Iowa.

Alzolay is 1-4 with a 4.67 ERA and has four saves in nine opportunities. Héctor Neris, who has six saves in seven chances, has moved into the closer's role though Alzolay earned the save in the Cubs' 5-4 win in 10 innings at Pittsburgh on Sunday. Neris was the winning pitcher.

Alzolay becomes the eighth current Cubs player on the injured list.

Cuas was recalled from the minors on Saturday when Yency Almonte was placed on the IL with a right shoulder strain. Cuas was then sent back to Iowa one day later when Kyle Hendricks was activated from the injured list.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’ve been to well over 120 games and have never caught a foul ball.

The odds of catching a foul ball are slim to none, the odds of catching 2 have to be close to impossible. The odds of catching 2 on back to back pitches...

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hated those Mets but I was doc gooden fan ….

Damn Rose is so far off the plate. I could’ve dotted him with a fastball on the outside corner I bet. And I’m only half-joking. He’s just so far off it though. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Damn Rose is so far off the plate. I could’ve dotted him with a fastball on the outside corner I bet. And I’m only half-joking. He’s just so far off it though. 

10 hours ago, Scraps said:

I've caught one in my life and I wish I could have authenticated it somehow cause the last person to touch it before me was Ohtani because he was pitching(obviously).

Animated GIF

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Kids, this is your brain on drugs.  Don’t do drugs, kids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

58 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Kids, this is your brain on drugs.  Don’t do drugs, kids. 

Hey, the Out King is 83 years old now.  I'll bet Helo could throw one by him.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Scraps said:

I've caught one in my life and I wish I could have authenticated it somehow cause the last person to touch it before me was Ohtani because he was pitching(obviously).

Hit by Rickey Henderson, pitched by Mike Hampton.

IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.8729e8251bf90beb039402946827206d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Hit by Rickey Henderson, pitched by Mike Hampton.

IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.8729e8251bf90beb039402946827206d.jpeg

God bless Youtube.  The pitch at 17:30 is the one I fielded.  Was on front row and snagged it as it went by.  Camera didn't catch it, though.

40 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

God bless Youtube.  The pitch at 17:30 is the one I fielded.  Was on front row and snagged it as it went by.  Camera didn't catch it, though.

That was a sharp looking uniform … my favorite since the original Colt .45 with the smoking barrel.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/14/2024 at 2:55 PM, Beau Vine said:

Hey, the Out King is 83 years old now.  I'll bet Helo could throw one by him.  

speaking of old.  still one of the more amazing things I've seen on a baseball field. 75 years old, wood bat, real park.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/14/2024 at 3:33 PM, Underdog said:

Pete would take that bet. 

Pete was actually looking for a FB outside corner.  look at his first step.  He'd have taken Helo to right for a single turned into a double.  Rose actually used a 36 inch bat much of his career but he choked up a bit. dude probably has 2500 opposite field singles.