2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Jesus, Taylor MacGregor on QP wearing a tight little sweater...

20240423_100455.jpg

Couldn't pause the TV with any other graphic in the background? They had this one up the entire show?

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So it looks like in the history of baseball, only 1 team (2019 nats) has been 10 games under .500 over 20 games deep into a season and went on to win the WS. Just putting that out there.

Shit, and I was thinking this was the Rockies' year...

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

So it looks like in the history of baseball, only 1 team (2019 nats) has been 10 games under .500 over 20 games deep into a season and went on to win the WS. Just putting that out there.

IMG_6851.thumb.jpeg.fab2b05ed290552c0269ef802b05bc45.jpeg

If anyone wants to get rich on this

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

-- Helobious, 2011

Did Mike Trout start out hitting .059 in 40 ABs? Also there’s plenty of examples of heralded rookies coming up and actually looking like they at least belong right away (Dominguez last year). Holliday looks like he should still be in High-A at best.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Did Mike Trout start out hitting .059 in 40 ABs? Also there’s plenty of examples of heralded rookies coming up and actually looking like they at least belong right away (Dominguez last year). Holliday looks like he should still be in High-A at best.

Anthony Volpe last year after his first 36 big league ABs. .129/.250/.444

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Look at this fucking spare:

image.png.f641bb1089d27f17c5cd6728adf0a4ee.png

Spoiler

Say Hey!

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

I've been to more Yankees road games in the past 2 seasons than actual Yankees games that Helobious has prob been to in his life

Soto and Vedugo with homers so far

e9c33a89bdf2fb3d57fb44d2eed90a45.jpg

I’ve been to I think 10 or 11 yankee games total. Somehow I don’t think you’re even close. 

Sidenote: I have no idea how our record is what it is (not true… see Soto, Juan) but we fucking suck. We look like the Astros out there most games. 

Had to give my middle sister and brother some shit today, both huge White Sox fans.  14 games back and it's not even the end of April.  That's pretty hard to do even if you're throwing games intentionally.  

Working on getting some Yankees/Cubs tickets for the Sunday after the Michigan.  But fuck me, they are expensive even for Wrigley.  

Also csb, Saw Kelly Gruber's ex-wife the other day downtown.  

41 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

The bullpen just puked up a late inning lead to trail the Tigers by 3. It’s more fun than it has been for 5 years but they still have some warts. 

Shit happens.  Yet, they’re only 2 games behind the division leader with the second best record in beisbol.

Right direction …

• Like 1

This is good right?

Rafaela, who entered the day with a .156 average, punctuated his breakout game (4-for-4, seven RBIs) with a two-run homer over the Green Monster that he blistered a Statcast-projected 411 feet at an exit velocity of 105.4 mph in the seventh inning. According to OptaSTATS, the only other rookie to go 4-for-4 with seven RBIs and a steal was Bo Jackson in 1987.

https://www.mlb.com/news/red-sox-score-17-runs-shut-out-cubs

• Hook 'Em 1