Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You know your bullpen is brutal when you feel gun shy with a 10 run lead in the 9th

Okay calm down a tad lol. No one is gun shy about a 10 run lead to get 3 outs. Just a matter of who we want to sacrifice out of the pen.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

True. But college bullpens are just a crapshoot. The best reliever in the conference got lit up for 7 runs in 2 innings tonight. 

This can’t be emphasized enough. Our staff is not good and isn’t at the standard it needs to be, but look around the country and tell me which one doesn’t have holes outside of maybe Arkansas.

Kendall Rogers made a comment the other day about it being the year of the hitter with how the ERA’s nationwide were shaping up to be.

Don’t say that to make excuses but if we hit close to the level we are capable of it can cover up a lot of warts.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This can’t be emphasized enough. Our staff is not good and isn’t at the standard it needs to be, but look around the country and tell me which one doesn’t have holes outside of maybe Arkansas.

Kendall Rogers made a comment the other day about it being the year of the hitter with how the ERA’s nationwide were shaping up to be.

Don’t say that to make excuses but if we hit close to the level we are capable of it can cover up a lot of warts.

Even if the playing field is pretty level in regards to shitty bullpens, our hitting is just too damn inconsistent. I'm not sure why they shit the bed every 3rd game regardless of what scrub they are facing. Feels like there must be some level of complacency in the entire team that allows for that to happen. 

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Even if the playing field is pretty level in regards to shitty bullpens, our hitting is just too damn inconsistent. I'm not sure why they shit the bed every 3rd game regardless of what scrub they are facing. Feels like there must be some level of complacency in the entire team that allows for that to happen. 

They are young. Thats really all it is. One day you get Galvan and Flores and Gasparino knocking the ball around. The next day they look like they’re never seen a breaking ball. Just part of the process.

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Like I get that young players are streaky at the plate, but for some reason we seem to be streaky as a whole. Hive mind shit. 

I don’t think it’s that. I think our young guys are streaky and we lack some real quality veteran bats after the top 2

25 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Agreed that we need some veteran leadership to help us out of those funks. PP and PB need to step up in those games and help get everyone else going. 

I’m about ready to play someone else at 1st just to get Porter out of the lineup. Give Borba more looks or something.

28 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m about ready to play someone else at 1st just to get Porter out of the lineup. Give Borba more looks or something.

Porter serves his purpose, tied for the team lead in walks (17) and keeps the line moving.

Biggest issue with the offense is they just go into green light mode too often rather than making a pitcher earn the out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the more funny notes from tonight that just dawned on me because we were talking about this teams lack of plate discipline on Tuesday and I mentioned guys like Zubia.

Galvan probably had his best night at the plate in terms of laying off the slider low and away and it just so happened he was wearing #52 tonight

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Porter serves his purpose, tied for the team lead in walks (17) and keeps the line moving.

Biggest issue with the offense is they just go into green light mode too often rather than making a pitcher earn the out. 

That's gotta be it. Seems some of these scrub pitchers we suffer against are coached up well as to how to pitch us. We could counter with some good hitting coaching but we don't seem to have that. 

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

This appeared to age well

Would love to see this rag’s headline today after last night’s mauling of the kitty kats. I despise everything about Kaye State. So happy we will never have to travel to that shithole town ever again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, chase25 said:

Biggest issue with the offense is they just go into green light mode too often rather than making a pitcher earn the out

This team, for the most part, sure likes to chase the high cheese. Which leads to strikeouts and a lot of pop ups.

Posted (edited)

I almost forgot what this Boerema guy who is starting for K-State did to us last year. 12 K’s in 7 innings and we had that explosion in the 8th to come back and win the Friday night game.

Edited by Hookem2147