Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Can we just have Abreu fake a career ending injury and DFA Singleton? 

I can't get over the decision to pinch hit Singleton for Dubon... which then left us with Meyers batting with the game on the line in the 10th (and looking completely lost doing it)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

Can we just have Abreu fake a career ending injury and DFA Singleton? 

I can't get over the decision to pinch hit Singleton for Dubon... which then left us with Meyers batting with the game on the line in the 10th (and looking completely lost doing it)

definitely a page from Dusty's book

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Why didn't Hader pitch the 10th?  Is every reliever completely incapable of pitching more than 1 inning?  

because these world class athletes will get injured man.  I mean in the 80s guys went 200+ innings with no issues, now the water and global warming etc has changed human biology. 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

MLBPAA membership (for $25) can get you 25% off MLBShop.com orders (jerseys included, although they’d have to pay me 25% off to get me to want one of those Nike/fanatics abominations)

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, WBT said:

QT as the Royals sleeve patch is funny.  Bucee's should try to get in on that shit.

Man you throw that buck tooth beaver logo on a jersey sleeve and you’d rake in enough cash to blow by Dodger-levels of spending

9 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Espada is in over his head and he reeks of Dusty. Our GM is a useless, powerless yes man. I see nothing that gives me reason to believe either one of them know how to fix 1B or our shitty bench. 

This X 1000. The Astros are what the Texans used to be. Astros have a general manager that is reactive, content to run out substandard players in positions we knew were weak, failing to churn the roster or make any moves with a 1B who is hitting 2-33 to start the season, topped off with David Culley/Lovie Smith quality coaching. Espada and Dana are crashing this team’s present and future into the mountain with the course set by Bagwell and Jerry Jones Crane. Every major decision made after winning the title in 2022 has been an unmitigated disaster. This is how dynasties die.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

The Astros are what the Texans used to be. Uninspired coaching and reactive player acquisition and development with no long term plan. Espada and Dana are crashing this team’s present and future into the mountain with the course set by Bagwell and Jerry Jones Crane. 

Ouch. A scathing indictment. And 100% accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lolz at thinking we know anything about this team on April 9.

Wake up, smell the coffee and open your eyes. This team is not the same one we fell in love with the past 7 years. It still has quality pieces but has been wrecked by the last 2 managers, current GM and ownership. This team will be lucky to win 85 games.