Documentaries- whatchoo got?

Sbbruin

Making of a Murderer on Netflix, you've been warned it is long.  However, we stuck it out and I think it is worth the watch.  Steve Avery gets shafted by the LEO's in Wisconsin.  Falsely imprisoned, released after 18 yrs, prison again, chaos, etc. People think the law is whacked in the South, HA.  Stay out of Whisky. 

We watched the first 2 episodes of Season 2, and then went back and rewatched Season 1. 

Everyone knows the adage about truth being stranger than fiction, but holy shit this story is just bonkers all the way around. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Freedom on Fire and Winter on Fire are must watches along with 20 Days in Mariupol. 

image.thumb.jpeg.21f0eef5528d13e910a7b8b6a0ce323e.jpeg

This was hauntingly good, and of course, incredibly saddening as a human. 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:01 AM, MissingInAction said:

Secrets of the Octopus on Hulu.

Just fascinating animals and smart af.

Favorite scene so far is a fight between an octopus and boxer shrimp.

The octopus uses a clam shell as a shield and blasts the little bastard with dirt until it swims away.

I've watched the first two episodes.  They are to coolest animals on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/3/2024 at 6:25 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Has anyone watched this? Haven’t seen any mention elsewhere. Just watched episode 1, goddamn.

We’ll see how the rest goes. 

I’m liking it so far. What a wild story it all is. 

I remember when the original Jinx came out in 2015. IMO it’s what really started the modern true crime craze, even though Making a Murderer was more popular and came out a year later.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

disappointment.    

I did not care for the opening dialogue/interview, because they fucking cut it like YouTubers who don't believe in having pauses in between sentences, to the point where Jackson and Lindsay-Hogg sounded like they were talking on top of each other.

13 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Im a carnivore. Grilled octopus is a favorite. But it’s one of the few animals I won’t eat on moral grounds.

My wife and I had the same dilemma.  We love grilled octopus, but I'd have a hard time eating it after watching this.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

My wife and I had the same dilemma.  We love grilled octopus, but I'd have a hard time eating it after watching this.

I never order octopus, one of the smartest animals on the planet.  This stance does not go over well when visiting places like Greece.  Don't eat primates, whales, dolphins, dogs, cats, horses, etc for the same reason.  They might be delicious, but I'm not doing it.