Texas @ Houston Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just shitty play & coaching. Texas is going to get prison raped next season if they let Pierce keep on keeping on.

No way. He has to be done 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I doubt it.  Maybe if we end up in the lower half of the conference, but I doubt it even then.

It’s over man. He has very few people in his corner and has used all his get out of jail free cards.

His best hope was going on a postseason run but this team ain’t making the postseason as things currently stand.

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

It’s over man. He has very few people in his corner and has used all his get out of jail free cards.

His best hope was going on a postseason run but this team ain’t making the postseason.

When you start connecting the dots, this almost feels like it was intended to be a lame duck season which is pretty sad decision making from CDC if so. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

When you start connecting the dots, this almost feels like it was intended to be a lame duck season which is pretty sad decision making from CDC if so. 

Not to me.   It feels to me like Pierce just imploded.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Nah. This was a preseason top 20 man. A lot of shit went wrong, some of it bad luck and some of it self inflicted, but it was never supposed to be a lame duck season. 

It was supposed to be LBJ and Witt anchoring the rotation with Porter Brown hitting 20 bombs in the heart of the order with Powell and JT ahead of him on base and Will Mercer getting 10 saves, all of which seemed realistic in January.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gone to the darkside said:

Can’t believe how excited I was for baseball season. By far worst pitching I have ever seen at Texas 

sad, sad ,sad

I was really excited for this year too. Makes it that much worse. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nah. This was a preseason top 20 man. A lot of shit went wrong, some of it bad luck and some of it self inflicted, but it was never supposed to be a lame duck season. 

It was supposed to be LBJ and Witt anchoring the rotation with Porter Brown hitting 20 bombs in the heart of the order with Powell and JT ahead of him on base and Will Mercer getting 10 saves, all of which seemed realistic in January.

Lame duck probably wasn’t the right term but it certainly feels as though people making decisions want him gone and were looking for Pierce to give them a reason to keep him. 

That is at least the sentiment I am sensing around the program. Team has talent but it feels like the players were put into an unfortunate situation. HC is the pitching coach, Steve Rodriquez only here because administration told Pierce he couldn’t fire him. Phillip Miller leaving mid season was just unfortunate. Is what it is 

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

If only we had someone focused on coaching the pitchers.......Oh wait a minute, we do. It's the stupid HC.

There's also the problem of a severe lack of pitching talent. Also Pierce's fault.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I never understood this team getting some of the preseason love we got. The lineup was always going to have holes and be young. The offense has actually been better than expected tbh.

But once the transfers didn’t work out we were clearly missing pieces. LBJ imploding however took this from season from not great to atrocious 

If we were in the SEC this year we would be lucky to win a game. Just how can the pitcher recruiting and development be this bad?  Have NIL and still get stuck with this shit. Nil is obviously being mismanaged , who’s in charge of that Pierce?  Is UT trying to run baseball into irrelevancy? Overall hitting has been good outside Of Odoud and the regression of Brown-except some days the team -just randomly don’t show up.  Sorry for the long post  but I am beyond pissed off!

2 minutes ago, Gone to the darkside said:

If we were in the SEC this year we would be lucky to win a game.

Give me a fucking break. No one is happy with what we are watching but stop with the shock value statements like we would go 0-30.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I never understood this team getting some of the preseason love we got. The lineup was always going to have holes and be young. The offense has actually been better than expected tbh.

But once the transfers didn’t work out we were clearly missing pieces. LBJ imploding however took this from season from not great to atrocious 

The offense is complete and utter ass. Disagree. 

Galvan's stupid stanky leg toe stance pisses me off

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The offense is complete and utter ass. Disagree. 

Galvan's stupid stanky leg toe stance pisses me off

It’s just statistically not though. The issue is the dependence on the long ball. 

We just don't do anything well.  We hit home runs, but not when they count.  We only have two pitchers who consistently keep hitters off balance and only one who consistently misses bats.  We don't turn a lot of double plays.  We don't get on base.  We don't play small ball.  It's just not a good ball club despite not being terrible in any category.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t believe how excited I was for baseball season. By far worst pitching I have ever seen at Texas 
sad, sad ,sad

That’s on you. There was absolutely nothing about this team to be excited about. Especially with the dwarf in charge.

As I declared in March, this is the third year of being worse than the previous year.

But I guess the good news is that next year’s team couldn’t possibly be worse than this year’s right?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Being ranked was never a stretch, especially with Mercer and Storm on the roster. The core of JT, Powell, Brown being back set a solid floor offensively. I think everyone here thought LBJ, Witt and Hurley set a good floor with the staff. None of us expected Hurley to be Superman but it wasn’t much to expect him to be a decent Sunday/midweek guy.

I was listening to a Jay Johnson interview the other day and he said something like “when you hit bumps in the road, your best players need to be your best players to get you through”. And I think that sums this thing up well. Think about how executed we were to get LBJ, Witt, Brown, Powell all back. There have been several times this year where any of those 4 could have lifted this thing up and it’s mostly been a lot of nothing.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1