The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Bullshit no call. Cross checks his chest then when he retaliates he gets the penalty.

he has to be smarter than that.   they aren't going to call that cross check. 

6 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Bullshit no call. Cross checks his chest then when he retaliates he gets the penalty.

After the whistle

Then flops when he got barely touched - no embellishment 

• Like 1

Gave them life.  Frustrating.  That sequence that led to their 2nd goal was frustrating AF from what I saw (blatant pick, save, cross check, retaliation, massive flop).  Haven't seen replay other than limited in arena so maybe wasn't as bad as I thought.  But regardless, that sequence changed the game.  That being said, they completely outplayed us in all respects from that point on.   Good W for the Mavs at least.   Big one on Friday. 

6 hours ago, texastroubadour said:

Steve levy/Ryan Callahan are desperately wanting Dallas to lose

You guys do this with every announcer in every sport.   

These two literally anointed us as THE Stanley Cup favorite when it was 2-1 last night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

You guys do this with every announcer in every sport.   

These two literally anointed us as THE Stanley Cup favorite when it was 2-1 last night.

yup, and even said they were surprised we didn't close it out. they've bought in. so has Messier

7 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Colorado busted their nut last night.  We dominate tomorrow night.

I tend to agree.

23 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yup, and even said they were surprised we didn't close it out. they've bought in. so has Messier

Messier was all over praising the Stars after Game 4. It was clear he thought the Stars were the best team still playing after the G4 win.

The Avs have had some dangerous shots skip just away from the net all series long. Tonight, Makar was banking one in just under the cross-bar. Pucks just beating the end of the period into the net. Over the course of a series, those things even out.

That said, I'm disappointed Otter let in only the 2nd or 3rd (depending on your opinion) softie of the playoffs.

I suppose it's good to get them all chalked up into the same loss.

The Colorado Avalanche aren't a bunch of suckers. They can light the lamp, and we let them play their game over the 2nd half last night. These playoffs are now more mental fortitude than anything, so rely on that moxie that dug out of an 0-2 hole against Vegas, outlast the Avs, and win Game 6.

I mean, they were the best offense in the regular season. I don't expect to shut them out. But we've clearly demonstrated we're capable of holding them to 1. I was hoping that was the case after the first goal last night, but was not to be. Leave no doubt. Take care of business tomorrow, boys!