Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

50 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

are you really having this much trouble with the comp?

Comparing somebody that lost multiple presidential elections vs somebody who won the only election they ever entered isn’t a great comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

Comparing somebody that lost multiple presidential elections vs somebody who won the only election they ever entered isn’t a great comparison. 

i don't think anyone is comparing trump and hillary.

he's saying trump in 2020 will be like hillary was in 2016 (the unlikable option on the ballot).

if trump has a chance in hell, then he needs to figure out who's gonna win the democratic primary, and spend the next 16 months getting that person's disapproval into the mid to high 50's.  is there anyone here who thinks that isn't his exact plan?

Just now, henrygandorf said:

he's saying trump in 2020 will be like hillary was in 2016 (the unlikable option on the ballot).

if trump has a chance in hell, then he needs to figure out who's gonna win the democratic primary, and spend the next 16 months getting that person's disapproval into the mid to high 50's.  is there anyone here who thinks that isn't his exact plan?

Yeah, I didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

Trump will be the least liked candidate on the ballot. More people are going to want to vote against him than vote for him.

6 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

you dorks are literally guaranteeing this guy stays in office. 

this is Tin Cup hitting all of his golf balls into the water and Venturi saying "somebody tackle that guy! " 

When you say "guaranteeing" do you mean that the same way my lucky socks guarantee us a win over OU?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, I didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

Trump will be the least liked candidate on the ballot. More people are going to want to vote against him than vote for him whomever the democratic nominee is.

fixed.

just like the 2016 election, there will be 4 quadrants of voters (for/for/against/against).  but this year the "voted against trump" number will be a lot higher than the "voted against hillary" number, because she's not on the ballot.  if trump wants to win, he'll need to do some work to get the "voted against biden/bernie/warren/kamala" number up.  not sure any of them can realistically reach hillary levels.

27 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hannity-offers-aoc-a-full-hour-of-his-show-to-have-a-discussion

I'm not a fan of Hannity, but this is genius.  Don't argue.  Just get her going.

It’s a trap. She is light years better in a setting allowing her to read a script. 

When she has to answer or on her own off the cuff is when she sounds like a lunatic. 

She will never take that offer of an open conversation with someone not aligned with her already. The one she did give was followed by apologies, fact checks and embarrassment. 

D'oh !!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/magazine/wp/2019/07/10/feature/how-saikat-chakrabarti-became-aocs-chief-of-change/?utm_term=.0cf4b6b0c618

Chakrabarti had an unexpected disclosure. “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal,” he said, “is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.” Ricketts greeted this startling notion with an attentive poker face. “Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Chakrabarti continued. “Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.”

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Well the Dems are drawing from a pool of candidates that are unelectable from a policy standpoint so 4 more years it is.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

lulz. You are such an idiot.

He doesn't have any thing to say about my post above. So he goes back to Trump is a Nazi...

Trump is a child abuser even though we separate thousands of children from their parents every day.  We take kids away from the people that they consider to be their parents all the time.

Actually we aren't as good at it as we should be. I guess that is why I see stories about dead babies every morning on the Houston news.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Well the Dems are drawing from a pool of candidates that are unelectable from a policy standpoint so 4 more years it is.

2016 - trump gets elected

2020 - “policy will make or break a candidate”

the things some people choose to believe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, most of this board thinks Trump is a Russian asset.

no, they don’t.

but a bunch of trumpkins watched the first debate and got all giddy when fox and the ny post assured them that the dems were in trouble when they focused on socialized healthcare. 

since trump is all they know, they think you win elections through bullying and fearmongering, not by discussing issues. 

fact is enough people have already made up their minds. election’s over. he spent the last 3 years ensuring issues and policy no longer matter. 

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

no, they don’t.

but a bunch of trumpkins watched the first debate and got all giddy when fox and the ny post assured them that the dems were in trouble when they focused on socialized healthcare. 

since trump is all they know, they think you win elections through bullying and fearmongering, not by discussing issues. 

fact is enough people have already made up their minds. election’s over. he spent the last 3 years ensuring issues and policy no longer matter. 

The debates were great! Clarity is the key with the dems and the debates showed how far they have gone. Landslide in 2020 and it won't be close.

6 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Duh.. cause shes an attention whore just like trump.

And im brown so, anything you say negative about me is explicitly singling me out because of my color.
And I think if you do then youre a racist

She raised the stakes.  If she can be proven wrong she has committed an infraction against Congress.  But no one can prove she's lying.  She's telling the truth. 

I admire her courage.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

LOL - Pelosi is going to raise money and try to find someone to primary AOC.  The Justice Democrats vs House Democrats civil war is going to be fun for everyone.

This might be the dumbest post in internet history.

Just now, Bullneck said:

Do you even sarcasm bro?

Of course nobody is going to primary AOC - she's a star and the media loves her.  But it's clear that Pelosi would like to find some way to get rid of her as AOC and her crew has almost singlehandedly has gutted the momentum from the 2018 midterms.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Do you even sarcasm bro?

Of course nobody is going to primary AOC - she's a star and the media loves her.  But it's clear that Pelosi would like to find some way to get rid of her as AOC and her crew has almost singlehandedly has gutted the momentum from the 2018 midterms.

Is that sarcasm too, or just another stupid take? 

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Do you even sarcasm bro?

Maybe you ask yourself "why" she is a star.  She's a star because she has ideas on how to make government work for the people, for the country, for the world.  She's a star because she cares about people less fortunate than her.  She's a star because unafraid of people more powerful than her.  She's a star because she understands her purpose and calling.

If at anytime in the future you forget, come back and read this post.

• Like 1

Nah man, she's a real drag on that huge Dem momentum that they're using to rubber-stamp Mitch McConnell's border bill and not bring impeachment hearings while getting absolutely no policy priorities through the Senate.   Voters love it when Dems bend to Republicans — look how Dems have been rewarded for it over the last 25 years! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Maybe you ask yourself "why" she is a star.  She's a star because she has ideas on how to make government work for the people, for the country, for the world.  She's a star because she cares about people less fortunate than her.  She's a star because unafraid of people more powerful than her.  She's a star because she understands her purpose and calling.

If at anytime in the future you forget, come back and read this post.

Respectfully disagree - I think she knows how to play the twitter game and the media has elevated her to rock star status, and that's why she's a star.  I wouldn't even have that much of a problem with her celebrity status, but I do have issues when she or her chief of staff start to call other members of the Democratic party racists or support racism, including Sharice Davids (who, like Spanberger and Lamb and Fletcher actually did the work to flip the House).  

They could all use a retreat or team-building exercise or just some drinks together or something so that they can maybe get on the same page and project an image of unity, rather than whatever they're projecting now.

17 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Respectfully disagree - I think she knows how to play the twitter game and the media has elevated her to rock star status, and that's why she's a star.  I wouldn't even have that much of a problem with her celebrity status, but I do have issues when she or her chief of staff start to call other members of the Democratic party racists or support racism, including Sharice Davids (who, like Spanberger and Lamb and Fletcher actually did the work to flip the House).  

They could all use a retreat or team-building exercise or just some drinks together or something so that they can maybe get on the same page and project an image of unity, rather than whatever they're projecting now.

There's an old saying that "politics is show business for ugly people."

If for maybe one week you stopped thinking of fame and stardom and substituted it with purpose and policy things will start to look a lot different to you.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, David Dennison said:

I hope you're right.

I don't think you are, though. I think the Democratic Party and most of its voters are way more moderate than we would like.

For now.

Also, you would hate the bills that could pass the Senate. So would I.

It's not about how many moderates are in the Democratic party or the country.  It's about how many people are paying attention to the news.  It shouldn't be a liberal position whether we should fund concentration camps for children in which babies are separated from their parents, and kids are locked up to sleep on a concrete floor without even a toothbrush.  It shouldn't be a liberal position whether the president can use his office to  enrich himself from foreign governments or whether impeachment proceedings are started because he's doing so.  It shouldn't be a liberal position that the president shouldn't use his office to obstruct justice.  

These are patriotic positions, not liberal positions.  And if the blue dogs or Pelosi or whoever thinks that silencing members of their caucus who care about these things is somehow moderation, they deserve to lose.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Why ?  That's exactly what both parties have done for more than 50 or 60 years now.  Find a young hopeful, and put them in a district where they need to shore up party members.  I'm sure the party could find somebody who would run against her.  

I think this has been funny as shit to watch because it shows how hypocritical the "tolerant" left is.  They're no more tolerant than anyone else in 'Merica, and in fact are less when it comes to going against the tribe.

Pelosi is a typical limousine liberal, claims social equality for everyone, but wouldn't socialize with the likes of an AOC type. I love that AOC has been like a stealth bomb in the DNC hierarchy.

45 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Nah man, she's a real drag on that huge Dem momentum that they're using to rubber-stamp Mitch McConnell's border bill and not bring impeachment hearings while getting absolutely no policy priorities through the Senate.   Voters love it when Dems bend to Republicans — look how Dems have been rewarded for it over the last 25 years! 

How would the Democrats get any policy priorities through this Senate?

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Why ?  That's exactly what both parties have done for more than 50 or 60 years now.  Find a young hopeful, and put them in a district where they need to shore up party members.  I'm sure the party could find somebody who would run against her.  

I think this has been funny as shit to watch because it shows how hypocritical the "tolerant" left is.  They're no more tolerant than anyone else in 'Merica, and in fact are less when it comes to going against the tribe.

Pelosi is a typical limousine liberal, claims social equality for everyone, but wouldn't socialize with the likes of an AOC type. I love that AOC has been like a stealth bomb in the DNC hierarchy.

"Find?"  

Her win was a huge upset.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez