Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

AOC should apologize for each instance she call the border “crisis” a hoax created by the president. You have Immigration officials pleading with representatives that the crisis was real, they were overwhelmed and needed help. Each month she consciously ignored the crisis another 100,000 people showed up making the system worse. She waited until she created maximum harm and then went on the war path to blame others for the situation she and her colleagues are responsible for. 

None of these issues exist at pre-Obama asylum levels. The 1,600% increase has caused the disaster everyone said it would. 

She just watched the house burn to the ground while denying there was a fire and then blamed the fire department for not stopping the fire. 

None of her posturing solves the actual problem. How to stop 100,000 people from claiming asylum MONTHLY. Money and provisions only treat the symptoms and invite the problem to get worse. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

AOC should apologize for each instance she call the border “crisis” a hoax created by the president. You have Immigration officials pleading with representatives that the crisis was real, they were overwhelmed and needed help. Each month she consciously ignored the crisis another 100,000 people showed up making the system worse. She waited until she created maximum harm and then went on the war path to blame others for the situation she and her colleagues are responsible for. 

None of these issues exist at pre-Obama asylum levels. The 1,600% increase has caused the disaster everyone said it would. 

She just watched the house burn to the ground while denying there was a fire and then blamed the fire department for not stopping the fire. 

None of her posturing solves the actual problem. How to stop 100,000 people from claiming asylum MONTHLY. Money and provisions only treat the symptoms and invite the problem to get worse. 

Tell us about the $25 billion bill Donald Trump killed in 2017.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well that explains a fucking lot

The "unprecedented" asylum "crisis" is also bullshit.   Asylum applications are up in recent years — because they fluctuate with the actual crises that send desperate people fleeing for asylum — but we've handled it before:

740x-1.png

And here's how we handled it in the 1990s:

"As the Migration Policy Institute notes, during the mid-1990s, the U.S. faced an influx of asylum seekers (including many from Central America) that led to record numbers of claims (150,000 in 1995) and a backlog of nearly 500,000 affirmative asylum cases. Over three years, from 2003 to 2006, reforms and more resources reduced that from 464,000 to 55,000, and then to 6,000 by 2010. Instead of restricting access through legally dubious executive orders, the U.S. should be devoting more resources to processing cases, and do so more efficiently — for instance, by keeping the cases of those who pass their initial “credible fear” screenings with Citizenship and Immigration Services to adjudicate, rather than kicking them over to the courts for adjudication years later. That kind of solution  affirms U.S. values, and promises far better results than a costly military deployment. The southwest border doesn’t need soldiers; it needs more asylum officers and judges."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-09/asylum-in-america-a-complicated-problem-with-a-simple-fix

We actually have far greater capacity to handle the current crop of asylum seekers than in the 1990s, because the number of total apprehensions has plummeted so much.  Plus we had programs in place to deal with the situation.   Instead, Trump has cut those programs and filled the camps. 

So, yeah, our system is overloaded right now.   By design, because that's how Trump wants it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

looking at those pics, no way that scene occurs if the detainees were white. Absolutely 0% of that. Dehumanization of the browns has solidified as a 'normal' in our psyche. 

No way in hell they are ok with this if those kids are blond and blue eyed. No way.

• Like 1

This govt would never lock up white illegal kids in cages. The outside aide would be flooding in

and no damn way they would take away soccer balls / dolls / books from White Russian kids 

so go fuck yourself 

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Pardon the interruption but I want to throw out the theory that williemackgarza is our old friend 8badmofo.

Evidence:

1. Willie Mack Garza the football player is from the Coastal Bend. So is 8badmofo.

2. Williemackgarza the poster is a moron. So is 8badmofo. 

That settles that! 

15 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

D-alX9fW4AEB1ZB.pngD-alZQsXsAAUPRX.png

Would anyone care to explain to me how she knows what the women in cells were doing when she refused to tour the facility?

are you going to revisit this and admit you were snowed by willingly accepting distortions and lies aimed at reinforcing your idiotic world view?

Spot fucking on! But uh oh.. you gone and done it now.
Now youre a yuge moron!!!
Wait for it
  • Like 1

Aoc is trump in brown skin.
A fucking idiot.
Trump spews lots of nonsense the right eats up hook line and sinker.
Aoc spouts bullshit the left libs eat up.
Same game. Both idiots.
Aoc is much worse than miss teen no carolina. It looked like that dumb ass knew she was in over her head.
Just like trump, Aoc thinks she is smart and clever. Dont believe me, but she turns lottsa hispanics off with her bullshit.
Poor white folks, Just blinded by the brown skin.
Lol

16 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

A fucking idiot.
Same game. Both idiots.
Aoc is much worse than miss teen no carolina. It looked like that dumb ass knew she was in over her head.
Just like trump, Aoc thinks she is smart and clever. Dont believe me, but she turns lottsa hispanics off with her bullshit.
Lol

all this awareness of how destructive the trump presidency has been yet still you will vote for him again.

all this awareness of how destructive the trump presidency has been yet still you will vote for him again.

Actually I will wait to see who the dems nominate.
Last time was the lesser of 2 evils.
Dems just take the minority vote for granted.
Not all minorities think everything trump does is evil and anything red white and blue is racist. Lots of us love america , are patriotic, dont think we should help everyone and still think we are the greatest country on earth. We are proud americans, stand for and sing the star spangled banner and work for what you have. Not all of us want to just give free shit like college and healthcare to all. College loan forgiveness? Really? Its a good idea but who will pay? The working class will, just ask bernie.
Keep pumping that poor minority and let everyone in crap and watch us “browns” as you call us vote rep. again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Not all minorities think everything trump does is evil and anything red white and blue is racist. Lots of us love america , are patriotic, dont think we should help everyone and still think we are the greatest country on earth. We are proud americans, stand for and sing the star spangled banner and work for what you have. Not all of us want to just give free shit like college and healthcare to all. College loan forgiveness? Really? Its a good idea but who will pay? The working class will, just ask bernie.
Keep pumping that poor minority and let everyone in crap and watch us “browns” as you call us vote rep. again.

This is bullshit. You chose the more evil, by a lot.

Also, you are a bad American and a shitty person because you voted for Donald Trump.

Edited by David Dennison

A fucking idiot.
Same game. Both idiots.
Lol

Whew - you’re eat up with OCD (Ocasio-Cortez Disorder).
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

You are confusing demographics here. You technically count as a "minority voter" but the demographic that is really predictive of who you will vote for is the "stupid piece of shit" voter. And Trump and the Republicans have that voting bloc on lock down. 

Isn't the crowding crisis caused by Trump's decision to detain asylum seekers who had before been documented and allowed to go free pending their court case? Serious question because I'm not absolutely sure of this.

I also believe that the asylum seekers so released appeared in court at a rate of 98%.

The condemnation of AOC is absurd whether I'm right or wrong. The Border Patrol and ICE elected to treat these people like shit, they didn't have to.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You are confusing demographics here. You technically count as a "minority voter" but the demographic that is really predictive of who you will vote for is the "stupid piece of shit" voter. And Trump and the Republicans have that voting bloc on lock down. 

I agree.  the stupid piece of shit vote is going to go to trump.  we can concede that. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Isn't the crowding crisis caused by Trump's decision to detain asylum seekers who had before been documented and allowed to go free pending their court case? Serious question because I'm not absolutely sure of this.

I also believe that the asylum seekers so released appeared in court at a rate of 98%.

The condemnation of AOC is absurd whether I'm right or wrong. The Border Patrol and ICE elected to treat these people like shit, they didn't have to.

Or...you won’t be detained if you bring a kid. Any kid. 

In April 2016, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley warned about catch-and-release policies enabling the smuggling industry.  In the past, any non-Mexican or Canadian individual illegally crossing the border with a child was considered a family unit, processed and released into the interior. Current zero-tolerance policies require they be detained until prosecution.

“A recent Department of Homeland Security (DHS) report confirmed that human smuggling rings are exploiting children in order to prevent the detention of the undocumented immigrants they’re smuggling into the United States. They are pairing children with unrelated adults, knowing adults who enter the United States with children won’t be detained,” he said.

“At least one Honduran interviewed by DHS officials reported that children are kidnapped or adopted then smuggled with their unrelated adult “family member” to the United States. This smuggling practice has bolstered an underground market for counterfeit birth certificates according to the report, which was prepared by the DHS Human Smuggling Cell.  Once in the U.S., these children are vulnerable to labor or sex trafficking,” he continued.

Smugglers are hired for as much as $20,000 per person and pair unrelated adults to unrelated children. The entire purpose is to claim asylum, valid or not, with the understanding that “family units” are apprehended and then released to the interior of the United States. Since 2008, asylum claims have ballooned by 1,700 percent according to DHS data.

Under the Obama administration, 80-90 percent of individuals making asylum claims with children were released after being processed and given a court date. Inevitably, they started living in the U.S. illegally for years to come.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/21/documents-human-traffickers-regularly-pose-as-parents-of-children-to-cross-the-border-illegally-n2492737

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement pilot of new rapid DNA testing at the border has found that nearly a third of those tested were not biologically related to the children in their custody.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7045351/Rapid-DNA-testing-reveals-migrants-faked-family-relationship-kids.html

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

This is bullshit. You chose the more evil, by a lot.

Also, you are a bad American and a shitty person because you voted for Donald Trump.

I still can't believe there are people on this board that are mistaking me for you.

The acting Homeland Security secretary said on Tuesday that 90 percent of asylum seekers are missing their court dates after being released into the US.

“We see too many cases where people are not showing up,” McAleenan said, referring to the program.

“Out of those 7,000 cases, 90 received final orders of removal in absentia, 90 percent.”

McAleenan said that the sample came from families crossing the border in recent months.

Customs and Border Protection have reported a surge of migrants at the border as a “full-blown emergency” caused 60,000 children to enter DHS custody in just the last 40 days.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/homeland-security-chief-says-90-of-asylum-seekers-miss-court-dates/

20 minutes ago, Lurch said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/26/how-many-migrants-show-up-immigration-court-hearings/?utm_term=.e43a27dbefe2

It was a bullshit stat, counting only completed cases for a new docket. Most weren’t completed yet so the no shows are overweight.

also iirc they stopped the successful ankle monitoring program in order to help create this 'crisis'

Thanks for the answers.

It's hard to take anything the administration says as honest. Grassley's claim about traffickers also sounds like a ploy to induce the hysteria his party counts on.  The claim dovetails with Trump's fatuous claims about the flow of immigrants being mostly gang members and other criminals.

I was told four years ago by some idiot on the Internet that there would be running gun battles with ISIS fanatics in the streets of Eagle Pass and Del Rio by now. He assured me that the Cartels were in cahoots with ISIS and smuggling them over here because....everyone knows Mexican drug lords love to attract the attention of the CIA and the Pentagon, I guess. They were bored with the heat they'd already drawn.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's hard to take anything the administration says as honest. 

You don't say. And the administration before this one, and the one before that one. Were you born yesterday?

But the histrionic waitress will save you I guess.

Edited by Thetexashammer

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I was told four years ago by some idiot on the Internet that there would be running gun battles with ISIS fanatics in the streets of Eagle Pass and Del Rio by now. He assured me that the Cartels were in cahoots with ISIS and smuggling them over here because....everyone knows Mexican drug lords love to attract the attention of the CIA and the Pentagon, I guess. They were bored with the heat they'd already drawn.

Wait, was that before or after Jade Helm?  I definitely witnessed multiple incidents of US & Chinese soldiers confiscating the weapons of law-abiding Texans in Bastrop, some of whom were confined for over a week in a recently-shuttered WalMart.  Come on, man, WAKE UP.

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You don't say. And the administration before this one, and the one before that one. Were you born yesterday?

But the histrionic waitress will save you I guess.

I suppose mindless, willfully ignorant ridicule will do the same for you. May your god bless you.

ps  My sentence was a polite reference to Chickensandwich's sources of information. I found his argument to be circular. You suppose I am naive in believing that this administration is singularly prone to lying and that my innocence causes me to distrust the justifications that concentration camp advocates might give for caging people like animals.

I'm sure you're right.

Edited by RomaVicta
remedial reading interpretation for Senor Martillo

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez