Texas @University of Central Florida Series Thread

petscii

Posted (edited)

Good lord we better score about 6 more runs so we can win by one with these clowns.

it really did look like they were trying to find a way to fuck us.

It took one replay for me to see he clearly touched the bag with the ball.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Good lord we better score about 6 more runs so we can win by one with these clowns.

it really did look like they were trying to find a way to fuck us.

It took one replay for me to see he clearly touched the bag with the ball.

Even FCU announcers didn’t get why took so long.

Its hard to deny Pierce is a solid coach. Thats what the results clearly indicate. I just think I've seen enough to know hes not an elite coach, and we will have to have one in order to win a championship. I really hope we move on so I can get excited about the future. 

• Hook 'Em 2

What people have said about him always finding a way to do well with the hand he is dealt is 100% true. That is a sign of a good coach. He just likes to deal himself 12’s and 13’s when playing blackjack.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What people have said about him always finding a way to do well with the hand he is dealt is 100% true. That is a sign of a good coach. He just likes to deal himself 12’s and 13’s when playing blackjack.

Any idea of of what Pierce’s 2022, 2023, 2024 recruiting classes ranked?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Any idea of of what Pierce’s 2022, 2023, 2024 recruiting classes ranked?

All 3 are/were good. And the upcoming classes are good but probably can’t be fully judged til after the draft. Pitching was light in numbers in 22/23 but is heavy in numbers in 24/25.

Caleb Longley is the best hire Pierce has made in his tenure and has helped secure several good classes. He is a volume recruiter and great hitting coach. Him and Tulo are tight and my fear the last two offseasons was if Tulo popped up somewhere Longley would be going with him. I hope he is retained regardless of who is in charge moving forward.

Edited by Hookem2147

59 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

It’s hard to deny Pierce is a solid coach. Thats what the results clearly indicate. I just think I've seen enough to know hes not an elite coach, and we will have to have one in order to win a championship. I really hope we move on so I can get excited about the future. 

Who would that elite coach be and could Texas hire him away?  Texas can’t get him but I think Schlossnagle is probably the best.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

All 3 are/were good. And the upcoming classes are good but probably can’t be fully judged til after the draft. Pitching was light in numbers in 22/23 but is heavy in numbers in 24/25.

Caleb Longley is the best hire Pierce has made in his tenure and has helped secure several good classes. He is a volume recruiter and great hitting coach. Him and Tulo are tight and my fear the last two offseasons was if Tulo popped up somewhere Longley would be going with him. I hope he is retained regardless of who is in charge moving forward.

What is the impact of the move to the SEC on recruiting?  Is it enough to be part of the equation?

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What is the impact of the move to the SEC on recruiting?  Is it enough to be part of the equation?

2024 class was ranked 3rd by BA and PG. Pierce could do better. 

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It will probably be felt more in the portal. I know there were several kids we were in on in recent years out of the portal who liked Texas but they wanted to play their final year or two where the eyeballs and competition were (SEC).

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

2024 class was ranked 3rd by BA and PG. Pierce could do better. 

My guess is the 2024 class ends up more in the 8-10 range. We have a few no doubt 1st round picks who aren’t showing up on campus who are helping that class ranking right now.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It will probably be felt more in the portal. I know there were several kids we were in on in recent years out of the portal who liked Texas but they wanted to play their final year or two where the eyeballs and competition were (SEC).

That seems significant.  There were likely others that were influenced by that even if not the primary reason.

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

If, at the beginning of the season, you told me we would be 8-1 in Big XII series at this point, I would have thought we'd be ranked in the Top 10 and ready to wrap up a Top 8 seeding.

What a weird fucking year.

Since you put it like that, how are we tied for 3rd in conference?

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Only team in the conference to not have a sweep or have been swept. Then you have OU who has swept 6 series.

That’s an oddity for sure.  Then we won the series from the two teams ahead of us and didn’t the one tied with us.

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The big 12 this year is the worst i can remember

It’s not necessarily bad it just doesn’t have a flag bearer. Usually the Big 12 produces one team you believe has a shot to win it all. 

It’s still the 3rd best conference RPI wise which is no different than pretty much every other year

Even all the way down at 10th in the standings, Tech still has a respectable 30-22 overall record. Big 12 isn’t used to cannibalizing their overall records like they did this year.

Big 12 has 10/13 in the RPI top 70

ACC has 11/14 in the RPI top 70, they just have more that have rose to the top

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The big 12 this year is the worst i can remember

It was worse last year by a fair amount. Hell, we won the damn thing with 15 wins which is the fewest ever. Only one team hosted and they went 0-2 in their own regional.

As mentioned above, there are way more middle of the pack teams this year. Cincy and UCF coming in and holding their own helped. TCU deciding to no-show this year did not help the overall perception.

Edited by Hookem2147

38 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Still a very flawed team but I don't think anyone would be particularly happy to see us as a 2 seed. 

A 2 seed with potentially 7 series wins in a row seems like it would suck for any 1 seed. 

They will be shaking in their boots when they see LBJ on that mound with his 2 wins lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1