Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Or,  it could be the 35 year infestation of hip hop culture on society promoting values of violence and greed while condemning education. Mixed with the decline of emphasis on family and unhealthy emphasis on greed and material possession in white American culture. 

Nope, you're right. It's two articles of clothing. 

I hope you are just trolling.

If not, I hope the only music culture you approve of is classical instrumentals. The culture of violence and murder in music goes back a whole lot longer than 35 years and was ingrained in folk and country music for far longer. Let's not talk about the misogyny...

Latest from mcmurphy.    

Interesting that still no answers from the school concerning urbane wife.

Less than two months before Ohio State WR coach Zach Smith was investigated in 2015 for domestic violence and felonious assault against Courtney Smith, Shelley Meyer was a featured speaker at a Birmingham, Ala., conference to draw awareness to the ongoing fight to eradicate domestic violence.

The conference – “College Football Wives 2015” – was in August 2015 and featured eight wives of prominent coaches speaking against domestic violence. The event was part of a public awareness campaign called “Refuse The Abuse” – and came less than two months before Zach Smith’s alleged domestic violence on Courtney Smith on Oct. 25, 2015.

“With our coaching staff and Urban, disrespecting women or any violence toward women is one of the rules of the team that is not acceptable," Shelley Meyer told AL.com on Aug. 8, 2015.

Despite multiple domestic violence allegations against Zach Smith, he remained with the program until he was fired July 23, 2018.

Urban Meyer said last month during Big Media Days that he and his wife, Shelley, “counseled” Zach and Courtney Smith in 2009 after Zach Smith was arrested on domestic violence charges – aggravated assault against a pregnant victim. Courtney was 10 weeks pregnant at the time.

“She’s (Shelley) always weighed in as my best friend and soul mate,” Urban said at Big Ten Media Days on July 24. “She’s been right there with everything. Especially when you’re dealing with – not who’s going to carry the ball on third down, she has an opinion on that too – we chat about people. She has a great spirit. A great love of people. Her heart is always in the right place. She’s phenomenal. Absolutely I rely on her.”

Courtney told me she refused to press charges in 2009 after Meyer’s longtime “life coach” Hiram de Fries convinced her to drop the charges.

Courtney said last month she had multiple conversations and text message exchanges with Shelley about Zach’s domestic violence in 2015. Courtney also shared pictures of her abuse with Shelley.

In a 2015 text message to Courtney, Shelley said she was concerned for Courtney’s safety: ““I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me.”

On Aug. 1, Ohio State announced it was investigating Urban Meyer and the investigation was expected to be completed within 14 days.

In an interview with (614) magazine, published Jan. 5, 2015, Shelley proudly discussed her ability to help people with their “tragic situations.”

“I’m a psychiatric nurse, for God’s sake,” Shelley told the magazine. “All I do is help people problem-solve, help them with their social issues, their personal tragic situations, real life stuff.”

Meanwhile, Ohio State University, since last Friday, has refused to respond to multiple public record requests inquiring about the employment status of Shelley Meyer, who is a part-time instructor of clinical practice at the university’s College of Nursing.

At 12:58 p.m. Monday, Benjamin Johnson and Christopher Davey, of Ohio State’s public information office, assured the information would be provided “very soon.” 

As of the publishing of this story Tuesday afternoon, Ohio State has still not fulfilled this public information request concerning Shelley Meyer, a state employee.

Shelley Meyer could have violated the school’s Sexual Misconduct Policy and potentially Title IX, if she did not notify her supervisor of Courtney Smith’s repeated abuse. The school, however, announced Urban Meyer had been placed on paid administrative leave on Aug. 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

I highly doubt Florida will weigh in unless the NCAA becomes involved (yeah, right) and forces them to. It was 9 years ago for them under a former coaching staff. All the outrage is currently directed at Ohio State so it would be foolish for Florida to involve themselves unless they absolutely have to.

I'm not thinking about florida in the sense of them needing to weigh in from an NCAA violation standpoint.  This story could blow even more open if Mcmurphy or someone were to open record act UF and see what was reported to the school in 2009.  Maybe Urban reported it to the school and thus has always known about the alleged abuse.  Then what you have is a coach that is a serial cover upper of abuse.  Maybe Urban's heart condition at UF was really UF not liking the smoke from Smith and wanting to quietly move on so no party took fault.  Who knows?  If there were police reports filed or even a police investigation then UF has to have something on record if they were playing by the rules.  I would guess there is a bit of conversation via email between admins at UF that could be an interesting read.

34 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

If not, I hope the only music culture you approve of is classical instrumentals. The culture of violence and murder in music goes back a whole lot longer than 35 years and was ingrained in folk and country music for far longer. Let's not talk about the misogyny...

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CLOAK ROOM IS LEAKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

This story could blow even more open if Mcmurphy or someone were to open record act UF and see what was reported to the school in 2009.  Maybe Urban reported it to the school and thus has always known about the alleged abuse.  Then what you have is a coach that is a serial cover upper of abuse. 

He has always fully admitted knowing about 2009. Wether or not he reported it, is almost beside your point, which is a valid one

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I highly doubt Florida will weigh in unless the NCAA becomes involved (yeah, right) and forces them to. It was 9 years ago for them under a former coaching staff. All the outrage is currently directed at Ohio State so it would be foolish for Florida to involve themselves unless they absolutely have to.

Unless Florida asked him to “retire for medical conditions” because they knew something was up, but you are correct it is foolish to get in the middle of this shit.

Edited by ShowmeyourTDs

1 hour ago, OrangEngr said:

He has always fully admitted knowing about 2009. Wether or not he reported it, is almost beside your point, which is a valid one

Admitting to knowledge of the 09 event is troubling.   Then when he is made aware of the ‘15 incident, he still does nothing. All the while championing these core “values”.

Today it comes out his wife gave a speech about domestic abuse circa the ‘15 incident. Willful blindness will be his undoing. He and his wife knew the guy was bad news and did nothing, and now he’s left with a mess. He should be fired with cause. If he did run it up the chain of command, then others will be let go too imo.  

Edited by jdhorn92

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CLOAK ROOM IS LEAKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is "merging" the God's must be crazy too"...

30 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Is that implying that she is a fraud, or that she had a conflict of interest..? I can see no issues with her speech before the incident came to her attention...

11 minutes ago, kopp0e said:
36 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Is that implying that she is a fraud, or that she had a conflict of interest..? I can see no issues with her speech before the incident came to her attention...

It's implying that Shelly and Urban were very concerned about domestic abuse and yet Zach Smith came over from Florida with Urban after 2009 AND Urban kept him on staff 3 years after the 2015 incidents.  It's a bad look on both.  If domestic abuse was such a big deal to them, why did he keep Smith on staff for 3 more years?  I mean, we know the answer (Earle...or Urban just doesn't give a shit.)

Mrs. Meyer was really an ideal counselor for Mrs. Smith. Credibility because she is a woman, expresses caring, has healthcare (psych, even)bona fides, has friends in common. Of course, she is not a psychiatrist or other physician, is not a licensed professional counselor, is married to the guy who has been covering up the abuse for years, and stands to have access to multiple more millions of dollars every year the status quo was sustained. In professional circles, it is generally considered highly ethical to function above your level of training in situations where you have a conflict of interest or other potentially problematic personal  pre-existing relationship. But how serious can counseling a victim of prolonged physical abuse be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G650 said:

The fact that thousands of guys wear cargo shorts worries me greatly.

The only thing more gay is cycling shorts and proclaiming your Lance love. 

18 hours ago, BERT said:

Need to check them for diabities

I just cannot get over the age of these "supporters".  You might expect a bunch of blindly loyal college kids making asses of themselves, but these are gray headed older assholes.  Did no one have a job to go to?  Nothing important to do?   Or is there something in the danged water up there?

Damn, tried to edit no go.

If I remember correctly wasn't it stated that the investigating committee will had reached a conclusion in 14 days.  My question is this, how in the heck can one set a timetable on wrapping an investigation up?  They have/had no idea then, or now as to what they will discover.   Could this mean they had their minds already made up at that point and are going through the motions for appearances sake?

• Like 1

I just want to say that I am very glad that McMurphy is doing this work and continuing to press tOSU. A lot of their fans are saying it is over and that he is being personal or petty at this point, but I think an important part of journalism is pressuring institutions and hold them accountable for their actions. Watergate is the ultimate example. Organizations shouldn't just be blindly trusted to do the right thing whether they're schools, businesses, or government agencies. 

One worrying sentiment I saw from a couple reporters when the story broke is that sports reporters can be hesitant to report things like this because they can have their access to the school revoked. So I like McMurphy doing his thing. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Damn, tried to edit no go.

If I remember correctly wasn't it stated that the investigating committee will had reached a conclusion in 14 days.  My question is this, how in the heck can one set a timetable on wrapping an investigation up?  They have/had no idea then, or now as to what they will discover.   Could this mean they had their minds already made up at that point and are going through the motions for appearances sake?

Task: Find a scapegoat in 14 days.

• Like 2

If Mrs. Smith was not an employee, why would Mrs. Meyer have a reporting obligation?

Everyone mentions that Title IX as "possible" reporting obligation, but "probably" under general univ. rules and I obviously don't get it.

Does any employee have to report any accusation against any other employee (Mr.Smith)? Sounds pretty broad.

From above:

"Shelley Meyer, a state employee.

Shelley Meyer could have violated the school’s Sexual Misconduct Policy and potentially Title IX, if she did not notify her supervisor of Courtney Smith’s repeated abuse."

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games