High

nivek3

A 10mg edible is pretty strong for a novice, generally for someone's first time you'd want them to start with 5mg. I'm assuming the 1/2 gram per brownie is "dry weight" so at that point you'd need to know the % of THC for the strain used to make the cannabutter. 

Anyway, this link could be helpful for doing the rest of the math once you have all the variables:

https://www.thecannabist.co/2014/07/07/marijuana-recipes-calculating-thc-dosage-cannabutter-canna-oils-marijuana-infused/15457/

• Like 1

So my 82 yr old mom is old and cranky and probably has some depression.   She has a really bad back and uses a walker.  She can't get in and out of a bed so she sleeps in a recliner that can lift her to standing.  She lives with my sisters.  My sister who also enjoys the life like me decided to get my mom some edibles.  My guy made brownies with a little over half a gram per brownie.  How much is that?  

Keep us posted I’d like to hear the rest of this story!

(After she eats them)

Does she know she’s gonna have weed brownies?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 2:13 AM, SKJ said:

My wife ate a 300mg gummy this Thanksgiving that we had left over. We've been gone from Denver for 1.5 years, and apparently her tolerance went to shit and the gummy stayed the same.

Wai2hai?

I assume you mean 30 mg? Cause 300 mg seems like it would wreck shop.

28 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I love doing dabs, but i can't imagine that as my baseline. Bud still does the trick for me most of the time.

But i mean, cool for you

I didn’t mean to sound snooty or offer my tolerance as some juvenile measure of “cool”  

You’re just talking discrepancies in tolerance which since the legalization and the fact that the “healthiest” application of thc-a and CBD is ingestion, many people who grow now have astronomical tolerances. 

I don’t grow. 

But, you know.

edit:  ok, ok...  maybe I meant to sound a LITTLE snooty...

Edited by Doc Reeves

If you were traveling through Europe (read: not Amsterdam), how would you go about acquiring weed for the trip? Ask a cabbie, concierge, etc? I know laws are generally more lax over there, but would it be better to take a few vape cartridges and just use those, or plan to get some while I'm there? Thinking Prague, Vienna, maybe Switzerland or maybe somewhere in Germany. 

Just starting to think about the trip, so nothing set in stone yet. Thanks

13 hours ago, SKJ said:

Well, she does have a decent tolerance from her insane vape pen.

I can only hit that pen once

So how did she freak out?  Were there tears? 

The one time I overingested, my arms and hands went numb and I felt like I was going to hurl but that only lasted for 30 minutes or so.  I got a little food in me then I was fine. just way too stoned.  That was the day I learned how much stronger brownies are when you decarboxylate  before extracting in oil.

1 minute ago, Ten Bears said:

The one time I overingested, my arms and hands went numb and I felt like I was going to hurl but that only lasted for 30 minutes or so.  I got a little food in me then I was fine. just way too stoned.  That was the day I learned how much stronger brownies are when you decarboxylate  before extracting in oil.

The last I got way too high it was fucking horrible. I couldn't move at all. It was the worst feeling. 

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

She threw up, then she just had the way way too high sweats and that feeling of spins and anxiety

I don't think she freaked out, but it was definitely way too high

Edited by SKJ

2 hours ago, Texaus said:

300mg?! God damn, that’d be like eating 3 bags of the 10mg ones I bought in Colorado. Is it possible to od on weed?

In all seriousness, yes it is possible. Probable is another matter. You’d have to smoke something like 300 pounds in 10 minutes or some ridiculous shit like that. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but it was absolutely ludicrous. 

In all seriousness, yes it is possible. Probable is another matter. You’d have to smoke something like 300 pounds in 10 minutes or some ridiculous shit like that. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but it was absolutely ludicrous. 

Is that right? I did a panel discussion on legalizing weed in the early 90s in college and our research at the time couldn’t find any recorded instances of OD and death on marijuana.

I think it is more of a theory. It’s not really possible to smoke the amount in the time required. 

Now at some point in the future, who knows with the way oils and whatnot are gaining strength. Even then it would still take half a metric fuckton. 

So in reality you’re not going to die. You may be so fucking high you want to or think you will, but that’s not exactly dying. 

I think it is more of a theory. It’s not really possible to smoke the amount in the time required. 
Now at some point in the future, who knows with the way oils and whatnot are gaining strength. Even then it would still take half a metric fuckton. 
So in reality you’re not going to die. You may be so fucking high you want to or think you will, but that’s not exactly dying. 

So would you say you’d be only *mostly* dead?

surly high-ve mind - am in the market for a vaporizer for home use. I still use the reliable bongs and pipes and such, but want to move to something more efficient. And until Texas legalizes, flower is still the most available form, so I'm staying old school for a while. Have used volcanos and such in the past - curious if there's any new tech to look at, that also won't break the bank.

surly high-ve mind - am in the market for a vaporizer for home use. I still use the reliable bongs and pipes and such, but want to move to something more efficient. And until Texas legalizes, flower is still the most available form, so I'm staying old school for a while. Have used volcanos and such in the past - curious if there's any new tech to look at, that also won't break the bank.

Can't answer shit but my buddies volcano gets me super high
  • Like 1

Took a 1/2 gram cartridge through security in San Diego. TSA guy made a point to tell me  that I  was cleared which is the first time someone with the TSA has gone out of their way to tell me anything. 

Based on the way he acted, they probably have a limit on what and how much they will let go through. 

Edited by Dolemite

On 1/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I have a Pax but they are expensive. I am going back to this. 

vaporbrothers-vaporizer-standard.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, Doc Reeves said:

I didn’t mean to sound snooty or offer my tolerance as some juvenile measure of “cool”  

You’re just talking discrepancies in tolerance which since the legalization and the fact that the “healthiest” application of thc-a and CBD is ingestion, many people who grow now have astronomical tolerances. 

I don’t grow. 

But, you know.

edit:  ok, ok...  maybe I meant to sound a LITTLE snooty...

idk, but its quite social to pass a bong around amongst friends. perchance as pleasant a big fat joint. nothing else comes even close, certainly vaporizers and edibles are lame by comparisons.

• Like 1