The "Post a Picture You Took" thread

Patricio Swayze

Dust spots on my sensor that I didn't notice before. (beware editing on old laptop). But I'm too lazy to go clean these up right now.

Costa Rica; a couple of months ago.

Arenal Volcano Lake View

spacer.png

Arenal Volcano Park, 

spacer.png

Arenal Volcano Park, view point

spacer.png

Landscape view opposite Bar Restaurant Mi Rancho

spacer.png

View from the hotel room

spacer.png

Water path

p2522338832-5.jpg

Edited by naija
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I started following this channel on Youtube.  They put out short documentaries on photographers, mostly street photographers.  These two below I really enjoyed.  I knew both photographers before seeing this, but I thought these were pretty well done and showcased some cool photos. 

• Like 1

Again, terrible scan, I’m trying to get better equipment to resolve this issue. But, great subject matter. This is the lake that formed after Mt St Helen’s popped. We hiked in and the only gear I brought was a Nikon F2 and a couple of lenses. The place has a strange vibe to it. Almost like you should only speak in hushed tones.

IMG_4317.jpeg

• Like 3

If anyone has any interest in some tether cords, let me know. I have a shitload of old ones. USB-a, usb-c to micro B.
Tethering is pretty invaluable for certain types of photography and it’s a nice way to shoot if you have a client or creative collaborators on set.
I’d rather give them to people rather than the trash pile.

This is nothing spectacular but, on my drive to Roanoke for tonight’s Pitt at Virginia Tech game I endeavored to do all back roads. I was successful but, unfortunately I was in the wrong car because the old 911 is getting it windshield washer motor replaced.  

I was on some spectacular driving roads and this picture here is on route 220, otherwise known at Potomac River Road just across the WV and Virginia border.

This is the Potomac River, specifically, the South Branch Potomac River. About five miles away is the source of the Potomac.  I thought that was pretty cool.

IMG_7991.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This is nothing spectacular but, on my drive to Roanoke for tonight’s Pitt at Virginia Tech game I endeavored to do all back roads. I was successful but, unfortunately I was in the wrong car because the old 911 is getting it windshield washer motor replaced.  

I was on some spectacular driving roads and this picture here is on route 220, otherwise known at Potomac River Road just across the WV and Virginia border.

This is the Potomac River, specifically, the South Branch Potomac River. About five miles away is the source of the Potomac.  I thought that was pretty cool.

IMG_7991.jpeg

If you go through Frostburg, check out the Hotel Gunter, in particular the basement.  Also, a friend of mine has a recording studio in his barn, nearby.  Started Dante's.  

Edited by Mdhorn

46 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

If you go through Frostburg, check out the Hotel Gunter, in particular the basement.  Also, a friend of mine has a recording studio in his barn, nearby.  Started Dante's.  

I might do 220 all the way back up north tomorrow. It will take me all the way to Cumberland and Frostburg is right next to that. It really was a nice drive, much more pleasant than I81, which is a hellishly awful road. One year, on 81S, I was stuck, for four hours. For four hours we did not move. Not even for weather rather for wrecks.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I might do 220 all the way back up north tomorrow. It will take me all the way to Cumberland and Frostburg is right next to that. It really was a nice drive, much more pleasant than I81, which is a hellishly awful road. One year, on 81S, I was stuck, for four hours. For four hours we did not move. Not even for weather rather for wrecks.

Sometimes flooding from the rivers does takes out the bridges, which happens far too regular. But to your point, people drive way too fast down some of those country roads.  After a Texas WVU game, I got the hell out of dodge asap since some of those cats were absolutely hammered during the game and were going to be hitting the roads.  Same with Baltimore.  I don't like driving windy roads at night.  The hotel is just an oddity, that had a jail in the basement, along with a mineshaft.  Frostburg is essentially a college town.   

https://thefrostburgnewday.blogspot.com/2012/09/failingers-hotel-gunter-at-frostburg.html

I’ll stop posting after this one. Here is a picture of the “textbooks” we were given for Ansel Adams workshop. Though Alan Ross did most of the hands on stuff during the week. Adams was like an old football coach. He would get so technical at times I didn’t have a fucking clue what he was talking about. I was in awe of the man. He did tell me to lose the 4x5 and get a Hasselblad. He told me lugging that heavy thing around was unnecessary.

IMG_4635.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2