The "Post a Picture You Took" thread

Patricio Swayze

Nothing great about this pic other than I’ve been trying to get this fat little tail-less Fox to sit still long enough in my front yard to get a non blurry shot.  Finally happened tonight.  I know I’ve never seen one without a tail and I doubt I’ve ever seen one that is, apparently, addicted to chili cheeseburgers like this one…

View recent photos.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Nothing great about this pic other than I’ve been trying to get this fat little tail-less Fox to sit still long enough in my front yard to get a non blurry shot.  Finally happened tonight.  I know I’ve never seen one without a tail and I doubt I’ve ever seen one that is, apparently, addicted to chili cheeseburgers like this one…

View recent photos.jpeg

He looks a little heavy. Maybe mix in some statins with that chili cheeseburger to make sure he hangs around a while.

On 10/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, Cajun said:

View recent photos.jpeg

There's a company that makes stuffed toy replicas of your pet. If you had them make one of this little guy, you'd probably become a millionaire 

Just now, Longhornstampede said:

Edited by Longhornstampede
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:07 PM, 59 Burst said:

This picture is close to 50 years old. I was in a workshop learning the Zone system. I found it was easier said than done to expose for the shadows and burn in the highlights hitting all 11 zones. Adams really was a badass to master that craft.

IMG_4406.jpeg

In his autobiography, Adams says that he sometimes reprinted the same image --- dodging and burning various portions ---- a couple of thousand times before being satisfied with the result. So when you're viewing the famous Half Dome photo, keep in mind that it's not the actual photo as his camera perceived it, but the photo as his mind did AFTER he worked on it in the darkroom. I am convinced that, if he lived today, Ansel would be a huge Photoshop guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

In south Oak Cliff. Any of you olds play on one of these. I remember my mom taking me to a park in Big Spring all the time that had one. No more stairs or ladders on this one.

IMG_20230712_1429344162.thumb.jpg.7ae9a009835c81828b8a506ccdd67cea.jpg

Didn't they use to have one of these at Hermann Park in Houston?  As a kid, I imagined it was enormous and went up the sky.  What a disappointment age makes.  

On 11/14/2023 at 1:08 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

In his autobiography, Adams says that he sometimes reprinted the same image --- dodging and burning various portions ---- a couple of thousand times before being satisfied with the result. So when you're viewing the famous Half Dome photo, keep in mind that it's not the actual photo as his camera perceived it, but the photo as his mind did AFTER he worked on it in the darkroom. I am convinced that, if he lived today, Ansel would be a huge Photoshop guy.

I agree…

On 11/13/2023 at 11:57 PM, Longhornstampede said:

In south Oak Cliff. Any of you olds play on one of these. I remember my mom taking me to a park in Big Spring all the time that had one. No more stairs or ladders on this one.

IMG_20230712_1429344162.thumb.jpg.7ae9a009835c81828b8a506ccdd67cea.jpg

There is a newer version out in Brookshire.  Exit of I10 for FM 359, just before turning right to go over the RR tracks, turn/look left past the do-nut shop and there it is.  Cool pict BTW!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, naija said:

I like this one a lot. Some of the detail is quite lost in the foreground though. And the person standing there would give more contrast to the terrain in the background

Thanks and yeah good points—I agree! I might play aorund with this in post and see if I can fix some of it. This was one of those snap a pic before I drown in a cloud of midges pics. I was not prepared for the environment. 😂