2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

We've about run out of players who can actually...you know...play. Both in terms of ability and health. Which makes it a little tough to win. Still, you'd think we could do better than this in our park. There's no acceptable explanation for how ordinary this bunch is in MMP. 

37 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

At this rate, we’d be better off being a wild card team and not having home field advantage in any series.

Agreed. It is crazy how much worse the team seems to play at home. We rolled a AAA squad through Seattle and LA and did alright. Maybe it's the home crowd making the players feel high expectations?

I'm wondering how badly last year's team would beat this year's team in a series. I guess it depends on which pitcher shows up which days. And that's a crap shoot.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but we have this major run differential. It proves we're awesome. We can cash in those extra runs any time we need them in a big game. Just so you'll know not to worry about how miserably we've played for a division leader.

Edited by Gut Wagon

I'm wondering how badly last year's team would beat this year's team in a series. I guess it depends on which pitcher shows up which days. And that's a crap shoot.
Not sure if you guys are aware, but we have this major run differential. It proves we're awesome. We can cash in those extra runs any time we need them in a big game. Just so you'll know not to worry about how miserably we've played for a division leader.

You have to be more specific. What point in the year for each team?
We like to think the 2017 team was among the greatest of all time... the offense is in the discussion. The pitching? 46% of the season (74 games) saw a starter named Fiers (28), Peacock (21), Musgrove (15), Paulino (6), Martes (4). As frustrated as we are with the 2018 offense, it would likely be pretty close to 2017 numbers if it started 46% of its games against those names.

2018 is without a doubt better when healthy.
The problem is that the rest of the league had gotten top heavy faster than I think anyone would have expected.

47 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Not sure if you guys are aware, but we have this major run differential. It proves we're awesome. We can cash in those extra runs any time we need them in a big game. Just so you'll know not to worry about how miserably we've played for a division leader.*

* At home.

We are a beast on the road.

And not that it matters, but we have a better record after 117.

Edited by David Dennison

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Well not a great start to my weekend. Have to go to a damn wedding tomorrow right as tomorrow’s game starts. I’m so tired of going to weddings and injuries. 

After all your friends get married, then your Saturdays will be filled with birthday parties for their kids. It never fucking ends. 

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Stop getting hurt, fuckers.

And now would be a good time for this so-called great farm system to start showing something. 

Replacing 3 all-stars and an elite fielding CF is easy, right?

Altuves knee is getting more worrisome. What is the actual injury?

Correa should have stayed in CC for another 3-4 games, at least until he started hitting. He does the team no good to come back and struggle for the next several weeks.

What is the latest on Springer?

Gurriel needs a couple of days off.

Never would have thought our season would rest on Marisnicks groin.

I think I covered everything. Now lets go kick some Seattle ass.