Predict Texas Football's 2018 Record

gmr548

Predict Texas Football's 2018 Record  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Texas will finish the regular season with a record of...

I'll go with 10-2, +/-2.

That means I can see the regular season ending up from 8-4 to 12-0, with 10-2 most likely. I can see 4 losses if bad things happen instead of good ones, but I can also see running the table if everyone stays healthy, the OL is really Hand-y, Sam learns to slide, etc. The D has some proper talent, it looks like...

So, yeah, anything from 8-4 up looks pretty much like it.  

On 8/27/2018 at 4:55 PM, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

I’m going with 6-6 with a cliche (beat someone we’re not supposed to, lose to someone, or in our case several, we’re not supposed to)

call me an ass, call me a troll. I don’t care. 

This program hasn’t shown me they have been able to win more than 6 games in a regular season since 2013. To think they’re capable of doing otherwise after the past 4 seasons’ results I think is premature. 

Long story short: consider me in the wait and see crowd.

sorry @ShaggyBevo RIP and @lemonandaturd, I'll just be busy being right...

• Fuck You 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How'd you do? I was off by one, though we got there by a different route than I envisioned. I ain't mad, though.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:33 PM, Machinator said:

On balance, though, the team is largely the same as it was in the spring, and that's altogether not a bad thing. I generally like what we've got in the starting 22, and our second-team defense would give some offenses all they can handle, too. I'd feel much better about our chances without the three stooges on the offensive coaching staff, but I do think there is something to be said for continuity. The QBs will not be world-beaters, but I hold out some hope that they won't shoot themselves in the foot so often, and allow an improved running game and tough defense to keep us in every contest. That gauntlet of USC, TCU, @KSU, OU, still looks like the season-defining stretch. I have a hard time seeing us get out of that with better than a 2-2 record. If we do, and Herman keeps the WTF losses in the other 8 games, we're cooking with gas. I'm sticking with 8-4, but I do think the floor for this team is a little higher than I envisioned a few months ago.

• 8 months later...