Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

It’s cute you guys think any of that will happen.

It’s cute you just block out all the criminals he’s surrounded himself with and you don’t think that’s going to catch up to him one way or another.

I don’t see a way for him to depart the office without resigning and immediately getting pardoned by Pence. 

He might make it through 2019, but it will be a nightmare for him. 

• Like 1

Haven't we been through this bullshit before?

Just cause you believe it doesn't make it true.

Try your best Hugo... You will not destroy what happened today.

48-45 and 3-1 and Welcome Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

So get used to it.

Edited by Crusher
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I believe we have.  Fella named Bush I think.  He was worse than Hitler and destined for the jailhouse.  I suppose Lady Justice will get around to him eventually, then she'll set her sights on that damn dirty Trump.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Just cause you believe it doesn't make it true.

Try your best Hugo... You will not destroy what happened today.

48-45 and 3-1 and Welcome Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

So get used to it.

I don't think you understand who the president is.

He's a criminal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Go fuck yourself with your version of the Constitution.  You aren't fit to be called an American, and you will regret your position.  Gloves off are the new paradigm, bitch.

Take the loss, Pussy.      -Sam

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I don't think you understand who the president is.

He's a criminal.

Lulz.  For well over three years now Trump has been under the full microscope of the Obama administration, the deep state, many corrupt politicians and government bureau heads, the mass media, and countless others, yet there hasn't been a shred of evidence significant enough to bring any charges.  As is typical, democrats suggest it's purely timing and that the charges are "coming."

Meanwhile, America keeps winning, and winning, and winning, as noted above, and democrats keep losing.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

I don't get why you Libs are so mad about this pick. He could of went with someone much more conservative than Kavanaugh. Like Cruz or Barrett. It would have been even more hilarious or a disaster for the Democrats to find someone she would have sexually assaulted in High School. Barrett would have been my choice for this pick and watch the dems try to go after her. It would of definitely sunk there hopes in the 2018 mids, but it looks like you did with Kavanaugh. 

Try not to burn the place down as you leave the building. After all, we did have to put up with 8 years of Obama.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

The incessant shit-talking from the right tin all corners of social media is entertaining.  Stupid as hell, but entertaining.

It just goes to show how threatened they felt.  They feel completely vindicated now, for what I don’t know but it’s remarkable.

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s cute you just block out all the criminals he’s surrounded himself with and you don’t think that’s going to catch up to him one way or another.

I don’t see a way for him to depart the office without resigning and immediately getting pardoned by Pence. 

He might make it through 2019, but it will be a nightmare for him. 

Just keep telling yourself that while you’re lighting candles in front of your Hillary Shrine every night.

• Fuck You 1

The Democrats overplayed their hand badly and the sooner BK can get out of the news cycle, the better it will be for them.  

As for Dr Ford, this is going to sound decidedly misogynist and un-PC, but she should have never come forward with these 35 year old allegations - in fact that's pretty much inarguable.  Maybe she was naïve and didn't have good consultants or never received good advice, but you can't make allegations like these unless you are reasonably certain you'll get at least SOME corroboration. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

I don't get why you Libs are so mad about this pick. He could of went with someone much more conservative than Kavanaugh. Like Cruz or Barrett. It would have been even more hilarious or a disaster for the Democrats to find someone she would have sexually assaulted in High School. Barrett would have been my choice for this pick and watch the dems try to go after her. It would of definitely sunk there hopes in the 2018 mids, but it looks like you did with Kavanaugh. 

Try not to burn the place down as you leave the building. After all, we did have to put up with 8 years of Obama.

Outside of the diehard liberal interest group types, I don't know that many people are opposed to him because he is conservative.  People are mad because he was accused of an attack and whether you believe those allegations or not, he lied or intentionally perjured himself repeatedly in his testimony this time and there is credible evidence presented as part of his confirmation this time that he perjured himself when he was being evaluated for the DC Circuit.  To top all that off, in his defense he fed into one of the criticisms about him that he erred more towards open political hack as opposed to well-reasoned jurist.  I understand the emotions and have no problem with being defensive, but the Clinton cabal conspiracy theories seems better suited for Infowars than a lifetime appointment to the highest court.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

After all, we did have to put up with 8 years of Obama.

And that must have been hell for you.  11 million jobs created, unemployment from double digits down to sub 5%, the actual person behind 9/11 killed, and a stock market that more than doubled and hit new records over 100 times.  Yeah, that must have been rough. Or are you still upset that he likes fancy mustard?  Who are we kidding, it's because he was black. 

Trump will never match Obama's accomplishments and he'll be lucky if he gets out of this with no jail time.  Enjoy your win today.  November won't be fun for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The Democrats overplayed their hand badly and the sooner BK can get out of the news cycle, the better it will be for them.  

As for Dr Ford, this is going to sound decidedly misogynist and un-PC, but she should have never come forward with these 35 year old allegations - in fact that's pretty much inarguable.  Maybe she was naïve and didn't have good consultants or never received good advice, but you can't make allegations like these unless you are reasonably certain you'll get at least SOME corroboration. 

She got used by her lawyers and Feinstein.  Her mistake was thinking that the Democrats would have legitimate concern over her plight instead of treating her like a political pawn which was all they saw in her.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure the only move left for the Democrats is to overplay their hand.  That’s been their biggest flaw in the past, they never go for the throat. 

"Going for the throat" implies that this was a winnable battle for the Democrats.  It wasn't.  As soon as Kennedy announced his retirement, they knew (or should have known) they were utterly powerless to stop who Trump/GOP wanted to nominate.

I'm a big believe in choosing battles wisely (i.e., only fight battles you know you can win).

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

She got used by her lawyers and Feinstein.  Her mistake was thinking that the Democrats would have legitimate concern over her plight instead of treating her like a political pawn which was all they saw in her.

Her only mistake was thinking Republicans give a shit about rape or have any morals whatsoever.

• Like 2

"Going for the throat" implies that this was a winnable battle for the Democrats.  It wasn't.  As soon as Kennedy announced his retirement, they knew (or should have known) they were utterly powerless to stop who Trump/GOP wanted to nominate.

I'm a big believe in choosing battles wisely (i.e., only fight battles you know you can win).

Laying down and dying is no strategy. 

What’s fascinating to see is everything I said about Trumpkins - that their sole reason for existence is to revel in inflicting pain on all who dare disagree with them in the slightest - be perfectly validated by the string of posts above.

Couldn’t be much clearer. That’s our country - the winning side in any political battle can’t just win, they must inflict and enjoy pain and suffering. Not of some evil foreign power. Of their fellow Americans. That’s a recipe for a GREAT future for this country. And I know none of y’all care - for y’all, it’s just more “sweet libtears” - which, again, underlines the truth.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

They were never going to stop a nomination, but they did wake up voters. People are pissed about this.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Laying down and dying is no strategy. 

It's a better strategy than whatever the hell the Democrats did over the last couple weeks.  All that did was move the needle (maybe a little, maybe a lot) in the GOP's favor for the crucial midterms.  They could have voted no and did what they did in the Gorsuch hearings, where they generally acted like adults.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Yes they did.  Just not the ones you think.  Especially for elections like Beto - Cruz

93% of Travis county voters are registered, that's the most in history. The republican lulz information voters will have already forgotten this by next week. They won why get off the couch

It's a better strategy than whatever the hell the Democrats did over the last couple weeks.  All that did was move the needle (maybe a little, maybe a lot) in the GOP's favor for the crucial midterms.  They could have voted no and did what they did in the Gorsuch hearings, where they generally acted like adults.

You watched Kavanaugh and came away thinking it was the Democrats not acting like adults?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes they did.  Just not the ones you think.  Especially for elections like Beto - Cruz

It's not going to impact Cruz-Beto.  Cruz was always going to win and Beto was always going to make it close, but come up short IMHO.  I'll believe Texas is going to change after it changes.  

I agree with R criticism that I do believe the Democrats tried to use Ford to tank Kavanaugh's confirmation at the last second to Ford's own detriment.  I think they held on to the Ford bombshell for political advantage to try and play at the last second to try to tank the confirmation and also that a Democrat leaked her name to the press.   

8 minutes ago, deech said:

It's not going to impact Cruz-Beto.  Cruz was always going to win and Beto was always going to make it close, but come up short IMHO.  I'll believe Texas is going to change after it changes.  

I agree with R criticism that I do believe the Democrats tried to use Ford to tank Kavanaugh's confirmation at the last second to Ford's own detriment.  I think they held on to the Ford bombshell for political advantage to try and play at the last second to try to tank the confirmation and also that a Democrat leaked her name to the press.   

The Republicans knew the entire time the democrats were going to bring up Kavanuagh’s debaucherous past.  Why do you think they ran all those preemptive ads selling Kavanaugh as a family man?

Another good way to avoid sexual assault allegations coming up in a confirmation hearing is to bring a full basketball team of 15 year old girls to sit right behind you.

35C5AF90-E1B7-4024-BB26-057F6A68C4C3_zps