Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Come on.  He isnt blaming her. He is just saying that if she didnt go to the party and if she didnt get drunk, Brett wouldnt have tried to rape her. I mean he was just Brett being Brett and she knew what that meant.

Its a stupid false equivalence that takes all responsibility away from men. Whose fault is it when a kid gets eaten after jumping into a lion's den, the kid or the lion?  The kids right?  But, in reality, there's a reason the lion is in a cage at the zoo and not on the supreme court.  And the lion is gonna get put down after the incident too. 

There are plenty of men who will let a passed out girl sleep instead of raping her even when she was interested before she passed out. There are other men who make sure a drugged girl gets home safely.  Its just common human decency. You dont even have to be a shining white knight to the rescue. You just have to not be a complete piece of shit.  Some of these men are likely even conservative mid level judges. Trump can still make a racist sexist pick without picking a guy that becomes a predator when he is drunk. 

There are many, many examples of ill-advised risks we take which turn out bad some time.  We don't "deserve" the bad result, but we made a bad decision.  I don't see a difference in these.  For example, if somebody fails to wear a motorcycle helmet and gets their brains scrambled I don't say they deserved to get their brains scrambled.  I do say they made a bad decision not to wear a helmet.  I could give you a hundred examples.  Going to a part as described is on the list.

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

There are many, many examples of ill-advised risks we take which turn out bad some time.  We don't "deserve" the bad result, but we made a bad decision.  I don't see a difference in these.  For example, if somebody fails to wear a motorcycle helmet and gets their brains scrambled I don't say they deserved to get their brains scrambled.  I do say they made a bad decision not to wear a helmet.  I could give you a hundred examples.  Going to a part as described is on the list.

Wow. Keep digging guys.

Edited by hobbes2702

14 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Didn't one of today's accusers? The one on the boat?   That said, not enough info yet to assess its credibility. 

Because it was never credible to begin with, just like all the rest of the accusations, not a shred of credibility in any of them.

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Luckily it can't.   It can maybe prevent someone from becoming one of the nine lifetime appointees to the Supreme Court. 

His life and reputation are completely ruined regardless.

If he did what is alleged, he deserves it and more. 

If he didn’t and this is just a last minute political hit job, this is a travesty.   

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Because it was never credible to begin with, just like all the rest of the accusations, not a shred of credibility in any of them.

Not sure what that tweet is, but it couldn't be more unlike the sworn account Dr. Ford is giving to the Senate. 

9 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Right, but the ground isnt making a decision to smash the head of a poorly equipped motorcyclist. Its just being the ground. A lion may eat a child that falls into its cage. Its just being a lion. 

So when a girl passes out on your bed because she willingly drank too much, are you the ground and completely incapable of decision making?  Are you the lion and only capable of basic animal instinct?  Or are you a human being?

Cuz really, we only need human beings in society and they are certainly all we need on the supreme court.  Lions belong in jail.  

Do you really think that poorly of human males?  If so, I hope you have been able to suppress your urges. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

His life is completely ruined regardless.

If he didn’t and this is just a last minute political hit job, this is a travesty.   

You think his life will be completely ruined if he doesn't get on the Supreme Court and has to make do with the DC Circuit and immense family wealth?   Get some perspective, man. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

You think his life will be completely ruined if he doesn't get on the Supreme Court and has to make due with the DC Circuit and immense family wealth?   Get some perspective, man. 

Yes.  He’s ruined. His reputation is done.   His family will be shamed.  His friends will never be sure.  Being accused of a sex crime never goes away   

You are talking about man who had a sterling reputation   

He may deserve that.  He may not.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

Yes.  He’s ruined. His reputation is done.   His family will be shamed.  His friends will never be sure.  Being accused of a sex crime never goes away   
He did the second he aligned himself with trump. Line of felons out front shoulda told ta.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He did the second he aligned himself with trump. Line of felons out front shoulda told ta.

So if these allegations are false he still deserved it?

And what did he do to align himself with Trump?

Edited by Johnny Sack

Then he and his team should have simply denied the allegation and agreed immediately to a full investigation.

Instead, they’ve launched a full-on assassination campaign against his accuser.

When the allegation came out, we weren’t sure if he was an asshole. But by the reaction of his team - and let’s be clear, they’re working together - we know he is.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

If he is innocent then he doesn’t deserve it, but he is a proven liar and certainly does not deserve to by a SCOTUS appointment.

However, it is really hard to feel too much sorrow for a man who actively and aggressively tried to ruin another man’s reputation and career over a consensual sex act.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

His life and reputation are completely ruined regardless.

Nah. He'll be a conservative hero and get a choice gig at a name firm.

I'm not worried about Brett Kavanaugh's career in the least.

Neither is he.

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

If he is innocent then he doesn’t deserve it, but he is a proven liar and certainly does not deserve to by a SCOTUS appointment.

However, it is really hard to feel too much sorrow for a man who actively and aggressively tried to ruin another man’s reputation and career over a consensual sex act.

Was it over the act?  Or him lying under oath?  I don’t know enough about his role in the Clinton thing.  

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DoEiph4UUAAhzPG?format=jpg&name=large

Not Presidential material but awesome 

Sadly, that is Presidential material. Dude has the sharp tongue of Trump without being a complete moron. He is Trump's perfect counter. May as well start measuring the oval office for whatever shitty color drapes he likes. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

He’s the one who said he was the product of the most thorough background search in the history of the Court. That was obviously highly specious then and clearly false now. He has no one else to blame but himself. Spare us the platitudes.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.  He opened himself up to public scrutiny when he chose to become a public figure.  Same as the Clintons, who you've had no compunction about calling a rapist and rape enabler for years based on allegations with greater credibility problems than any of the three Kavanaugh accusers have so far.    It comes with the territory and his cushy lifetime gig on the DC Circuit.   He'll be just fine. 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.  He opened himself up to public scrutiny when he chose to become a public figure.  Same as the Clintons, who you've had no compunction about calling a rapist and rape enabler for years based on allegations with greater credibility problems than any of the three Kavanaugh accusers have so far.    It comes with the territory and his cushy lifetime gig on the DC Circuit.   He'll be just fine. 

Clinton paid off Paula Jones $850k.  And lost his law license for lying under oath.  Come on now.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Bullshit. There is zero chance of him losing his current job without ironclad proof.

And his friends are sure. One of them was allegedly there. Pretty sure he knows the truth, whatever it is.

Latest rumor on Powerline:

2 men saying they had encounter with Ford, not Kavenaugh. What a roller coaster.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/a-case-of-mistaken-identity-2.php

Might be my favorite plot twist of this whole thing.

After nearly two weeks of questioning every aspect of Dr. Ford’s detailed allegations, conservatives everywhere are instantly believing these two unnamed, unverified men.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just how mad is Avenatti making the Trumpkins?

Email he received recently.

Dn-gxr9XoAAUwL8?format=jpg&name=medium

Jesus.

3 hours ago, Horndog said:

Maybe he can start a new club:  Supreme Court Rejects of the United States.    SCROTUS.

Golf clap seems inadequate.  That's fucking solid.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

F8C2B13D-27E9-4F30-ACF9-F39D9F064E16_zps

How many Santorum daughters do I see here?

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Heres another thing you don't get. Maybe there was a guy there she actually wanted to fuck.  Does that matter? In fact, she could have gone to those parties intending to fuck every guy there except Brett. But when Brett comes around and she says no, what do you think no means?  

Even chicks who like to get gang banged, get to pick who gang bangs them. 

Sounds convoluted as shit at first, but makes really solid sense at second glance.  Well done. 

56 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

No I didn’t. No victim deserves rape   I don’t believe this lady was raped based on her story.  I’m open to hearing testimony on it   

You still arguing Hillary wasn’t unlikeable?

She was likable enough to get more votes than the fat moron serving as POTUS.  We know she didn't get yours, but most voters disagree with you.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You seem convinced that he deserved a "sterling reputation". Did he?  Maybe he's just a spoiled fuckface frat-boy who is, was, and always will be, a fucking asshole scumbag. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So if these allegations are false he still deserved it?

And what did he do to align himself with Trump?

He stood on stage next to trump and spewed bullshit that actually made trump blush.  "No POTUS has ever conducted a search to find the greatest candidate..."

• Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Might be my favorite plot twist of this whole thing.

After nearly two weeks of questioning every aspect of Dr. Ford’s detailed allegations, conservatives everywhere are instantly believing these two unnamed, unverified men.

You and I have very different definitions of “detailed allegations”.  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Was it over the act?  Or him lying under oath?  I don’t know enough about his role in the Clinton thing.  

You need to study up.  This motherfucker PUSHED to make the questions for Clinton to be as detailed, embarrassing, and humiliating as possible.  

Seriously, take 10 and do a little research since you're really active on this.  BK was a fucking asshole, and he had Ken Starr's balls in his mouth the entire time.  That's rape by association right there, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

You need to study up.  This motherfucker PUSHED to make the questions for Clinton to be as detailed, embarrassing, and humiliating as possible.  

Seriously, take 10 and do a little research since you're really active on this.  BK was a fucking asshole, and he had Ken Starr's balls in his mouth the entire time.  That's rape by association right there, IMO. 

So he was part of the vast, right wing conspiracy?