Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

you are not kidding. all the sarcastic remarks on this thread need to be harvested and re-lived. 

because this is pretty heartbreaking and grassley's remarks prior to this testimony are going to haunt republicans for quite some time.

this is no anita hill testimony, despite the republicans' wish that it mirror it.

They still won't believe her. They'll say she's acting. They'll say she wasn't actually raped so it's not that big of a deal, it's just what boys do when they over indulge. They excuses and reason to not believe her or dismiss her will be coming.

Just now, Loco said:

I think I have to nope out on the live feed..  I'm just too pissed, sad, heartbroken, fuck man!

Yeah.  I have the same sick feeling I had when the child separations thing started.   I don't give a shit about the politics - put some other staunch conservative on the court, I don't give a shit.  But this is just wrong and needs to end.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

They still won't believe her. They'll say she's acting. They'll say she wasn't actually raped so it's not that big of a deal, it's just what boys do when they over indulge. They excuses and reason to not believe her or dismiss her will be coming.

True. Don't read the texags thread on the hearing. It's predictable. Very predictable.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

The Republicans brought in this prosecutor for one purpose only: so they personally won’t be the asshole attacking Dr. Ford on TV.  They hired a substitute asshole.  Fucking cowards.

i think this prosecutor is a wolf in sheep's clothing (for the republicans). 

she is going to rip kavanaugh apart, i would reckon.

also, grassley needs to shut the actual fuck up.

• Like 2

Just now, BrickHorn said:

The Republicans brought in this prosecutor for one purpose only: so they personally won’t be the asshole attacking Dr. Ford on TV.  They hired a substitute asshole.  Fucking cowards.

I actually was defending the decision in the name of efficiency, etc., but I'm starting to buy this argument, especially after hearing a segment on the Anita Hill hearing.

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

That was extraordinary.

How about it counselor? After one round of questioning do you think Ford's a good witness? If I was on a jury, she seems very credible. 

Also, if i was on a jury here - the staffer doing the questioning seems like she is attempting to set a credibility trap, but does not seem to be on the same page as Grassley. Where do you think she's going?