Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Here's a WaPo story on Swetnick. Seems fair

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/who-is-julie-swetnick-the-third-kavanaugh-accuser/2018/09/26/91e16ed8-c1bc-11e8-97a5-ab1e46bb3bc7_story.html

This stood out to me:

At least one of Kavanaugh’s classmates scoffed at the notion that Swetnick would have been a regular at parties with Georgetown Prep students.

“Never heard of her,” said the person, who declined to be named because members of the class have agreed not to speak on the record to reporters. “I don’t remember anyone from Prep hanging out with public school girls, especially from Gaithersburg.”

steff.jpg

Here's the thing about "innocent until proven guilty."

If there's one accusation, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  I have no idea what happened between Kobe Bryant and the girl in that hotel.  Women do sometimes make false accusations.  Fair enough.

But when 15 women accuse the president of rape, or 3 women (and counting) accuse Kavanaugh of rape, it has a lot more weight.

Here's the other thing about "innocent until proven guilty":

All of you who are discounting the victims' stories are assuming that they're guilty of falsely accusing someone of a felony.  Why aren't they innocent until proven guilty?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Here's the thing about "innocent until proven guilty."

If there's one accusation, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  I have no idea what happened between Kobe Bryant and the girl in that hotel.  Women do sometimes make false accusations.  Fair enough.

But when 15 women accuse the president of rape, or 3 women (and counting) accuse Kavanaugh of rape, it has a lot more weight.

Here's the other thing about "innocent until proven guilty":

All of you who are discounting the victims' stories are assuming that they're guilty of falsely accusing someone of a felony.  Why aren't they innocent until proven guilty?

It’s your understanding that three women have accused him of rape?

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

It’s your understanding that three women have accused him of rape?

Oh, I'm sorry.  I should have said "sexual assault or sexual misconduct."

Go and latch onto that instead of the point that he's been accused three times and counting.

You're like Kellyanne Conway with a smaller dick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  I should have said "sexual assault or sexual misconduct."

Go and latch onto that instead of the point that he's been accused three times and counting.

You're like Kellyanne Conway with a smaller dick.

You accused him of being a serial fucking rapist.  That’s some serious shit.  

attempted rape, sexual assault, and Avenatti's client's claim is salacious and puts him waiting in line to run train on a drugged woman in a bedroom but does not actually say that he took part in her rape.  it also claims there are some people out there who can corroborate the stories.  some anonymous complaints that i haven't read into much

Ford's prepared opening statement is pretty powerful.  Tomorrow will be interesting. 

If I was on a jury deciding whether or not to send him to jail, maybe I’d vote not to.
if I was sitting on a committee deciding whether or not to put this guy on the Supreme Court, I’d vote no. 

We passed that marker a while ago. We are now at impeachment from his current position if the man isn’t careful.

Just now, Lurch said:

A little help for those that may have missed this earlier.

Again.  Not saying she brought it on herself.  Saying it makes no sense for a adult aged college women to go to a Gang rape party once and then go back 9 more times.  It’s a credibility issue because that’s unbelievable to me.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Again.  Not saying she brought it on herself.  Saying it makes no sense for a adult aged college women to go to a Gang rape party once and then go back 9 more times.  It’s a credibility issue because that’s unbelievable to me.  

When stupid people think they're clever.

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

When stupid people think they're clever.

Especially since he’s clearly saying she brought it on herself. He’s a piece of shit. I dunno why we continue to entertain him. He’s a real person who posts like a troll because he’s unable to use critical thinking.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Especially since he’s clearly saying she brought it on herself. He’s a piece of shit. I dunno why we continue to entertain him. He’s a real person who posts like a troll because he’s unable to use critical thinking.

No dumbass.  I’m not saying she brought it on herself.  I’m saying “it”likely didn’t happen given how bizarre her allegations are.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

I think they’d be better off pulling his nomination now before she testifies.  Rs can say those dastardly Ds ruined a man over unproved rumors with their tricky tricks and fuel the ongoing war.  Waiting too long and it’ll be a loss on the merits and the blue wave gets even bigger.  

apparently there is a 4th accuser...happened in 1998.

Anonymous letter written by a mother of an adult daughter who has a friend who claims ... and all chose to remain anonymous. There’s a Ferris Bueller meme here about thirty one flavors I think.

I think he’s a stain on humanity and a serial sexual predator, but this one has a long way to go to be taken seriously.

Just now, Kdub said:

apparently there is a 4th accuser...happened in 1998.

She's full of shit, too, though.  Kavanaugh is innocent until proven guilty.  This woman, however, is obviously guilty of being a liar and a drunken whore who shouldn't have put herself near a rape boner.

• Like 1