Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Anonymous letter written by a mother of an adult daughter who has a friend who claims ... and all chose to remain anonymous. There’s a Ferris Bueller meme here about thirty one flavors I think.

I think he’s a stain on humanity and a serial sexual predator, but this one has a long way to go to be taken seriously.

Nah.  It’s the 4th allegation. It counts.  

Of the three accusations, I think the one from Ford has the most potential to cause problems for Kavanuagh.  I still think it is at best a 35 year old he said she said case with vague details, but she has the chance to do the most damage in the court of public opinion if she does well at the hearing.  I don't think the other two will hold up very well under any type of fair scrutiny & investigation.  I've already commented why on the Ramirez allegation.  For the Avenatti allegation, the accuser in this allegation doesn't even claim to witness him committing sexual assault.  It accuses him of being at parties where sexual assault occurred and speculates that he participated.  Avenatti spends most of the time in his interviews talking about the confirmation process and seldom about his client.  He also mentions Judge as much or more than Kavanaugh, which indicates he really has more on Judge and is already trying to setup a guilt by association angle, presumably because he knows he doesn't have much on his target Kavanaugh.  

Just now, troph said:

You just argue for the game of it. It’s really annoying.

About 5 different people have accused me of arguing #3 got raped because she deserved it.  Because I said it made no sense for a college aged woman to go to a party where gang rapes occurred and then go to 9 more gang rape parties.  

My point was I don’t believe she was raped because her story is hard to believe.  Not that she deserved it.  Because it likely didn’t happen.  

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The college aged woman swore under oath that she knew gang rapes were happening at these high school parties.  Yet she went back 9 times.  Again, bizarre.  

Heres another thing you don't get. Maybe there was a guy there she actually wanted to fuck.  Does that matter? In fact, she could have gone to those parties intending to fuck every guy there except Brett. But when Brett comes around and she says no, what do you think no means?  

Even chicks who like to get gang banged, get to pick who gang bangs them. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

About 5 different people have accused me of arguing #3 got raped because she deserved it.  Because I said it made no sense for a college aged woman to go to a party where gang rapes occurred and then go to 9 more gang rape parties.  

My point was I don’t believe she was raped because her story is hard to believe.  Not that she deserved it.  Because it likely didn’t happen.  

No one buys this bullshit. It’s pretty clear what you said. Keep dancing though

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Heres another thing you don't get. Maybe there was a guy there she actually wanted to fuck.  Does that matter? In fact, she could have gone to those parties intending to fuck every guy there except Brett. But when Brett comes around and she says no, what do you think no means?  

Even chicks who like to get gang banged, should get to pick who gang bangs them. 

FIFY

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IT WAS GARRETT!1! Lolz

this is disgusting 

Nah, it's fine. Get them on the record and under oath as well.  There needs to be a full and legitimate investigation.   It's not out of the realm of possibility that Dr. Ford and Ms. Ramirez are both mistaken and today's accuser is either mistaken or lying, and that all of the circumstantial stuff about the yearbook, his wingman Judge, etc. is just an unhappy coincidence.   Let's get to the bottom of this over the next few weeks. 

+1. You know, maybe, just maybe, if 5+ are accusing you of victim blaming, maybe that’s exactly what your words meant. Maybe. Even if that wasn’t your intent, it’s what you’re doing.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Again.  Not saying she brought it on herself.  Saying it makes no sense for a adult aged college women to go to a Gang rape party once and then go back 9 more times.  It’s a credibility issue because that’s unbelievable to me.  

Lying about something like that and inviting withering scrutiny from shitstains like you and trump is even more unbelievable to me than something like that actually happening in the 80s. You were around back then right? It wasn’t all just Care Bears and rainbows.

You’re the same dumbfuck who argued over and over that Hillary wasn’t unlikeable.  You’re a worthless hack.  

Seems important to this discussion.

You’re the same dumbfuck who argued this victim deserved it and the victims are liars. You’re a worthless human.

I said the 4th allegation is bs at this point, something your team would clearly agree with and you argued. That’s all you do. You can’t even acknowledge when someone “not on your team” agrees with your position. It’s really something to watch. Annoying but spectacular at the same time

35 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

attempted rape, sexual assault, and Avenatti's client's claim is salacious and puts him waiting in line to run train on a drugged woman in a bedroom but does not actually say that he took part in her rape.  it also claims there are some people out there who can corroborate the stories.  some anonymous complaints that i haven't read into much

Ford's prepared opening statement is pretty powerful.  Tomorrow will be interesting. 

I think if she comes across as credibly in person as her statement, it will be enough to destroy him.  I don't like anything about this process, and I think we will all be worse off when a 35 year old uncorroborated story like this can ruin a person. But the reality is if she is credible, they'll pull the nomination. He almost has to somehow prove her story false, unless she comes across as a flake.  That's not a fair standard. No male would like to be in that position, but that's how it is.  Pence doesn't look so crazy now with his never meet with a young woman alone shtick.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Seems important to this discussion.

You’re the same dumbfuck who argued this victim deserved it and the victims are liars. You’re a worthless human.

No I didn’t. No victim deserves rape   I don’t believe this lady was raped based on her story.  I’m open to hearing testimony on it   

You still arguing Hillary wasn’t unlikeable?

Edited by Johnny Sack

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think if she comes across as credibly in person as her statement, it will be enough to destroy him.  I don't like anything about this process, and I think we will all be worse off when a 35 year old uncorroborated story like this can ruin a person. But the reality is if she is credible, they'll pull the nomination. He almost has to somehow prove her story false, unless she comes across as a flake.  That's not a fair standard. No male would like to be in that position, but that's how it is.  Pence doesn't look so crazy now with his never meet with a young woman alone shtick.

That's why he meets with young men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No I didn’t. No victim deserves rape   I don’t believe this lady was raped based on her story.  I’m open to it  

You still arguing Hillary wasn’t unlikeable?

Yes you did. We can quote it again for you. 

We can have that debate if you’d like in the appropriate thread . This thread is for discussion on the rapes committed by the current republican nominee to the Supreme Court.

You could just try not supporting rapists. It’s not that hard.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

We can have that debate if you’d like in the appropriate thread . This thread is for discussion on the rapes committed by the current republican nominee to the Supreme Court.

You’re a dishonest liar.  

Given the available evidence, ignoring political alignment...
- I would vote not guilty in a jury trial.
- I would vote against him as an SC nominee.
It's not complicated.

It really is that simple.

Yep. Different standards.

Hell, I put it this way talking to GOLL: I don’t have enough to convict him of a crime. But if he wanted to join my firm, I would decline. Because he has amply demonstrated that he is not truthful or honest, AND there’s good reason to believe that he doesn’t treat women appropriately. No thanks.

I doubt they were billed as gang rape parties.

Well, I mean, they probably didn’t print it on the FRONT of the flyers...

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who alleged he raped them?  Liar. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

You’re right, he just tried to rape someone. Shame he couldn’t be successful am I right?

I will spar with liberals all day long. But not with dishonest pieces of shit.  And I do I routinely on a board I’m way outnumbered on by libs.  Adios. You’re ignored.  

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't like anything about this process, and I think we will all be worse off when a 35 year old uncorroborated story like this can ruin a person. But the reality is if she is credible, they'll pull the nomination. He almost has to somehow prove her story false, unless she comes across as a flake.  That's not a fair standard. No male would like to be in that position, but that's how it is.  Pence doesn't look so crazy now with his never meet with a young woman alone shtick.

It's possible that he may actually get ruined at this point.  It probably could have been handled a lot differently as soon as it came to light, whether from the dems or when the republicans first heard of it.  Of course, if he's guilty and he knows that it is true, and he didn't back out, that's on him.

I will spar with liberals all day long. But not with dishonest pieces of shit.  And I do I routinely on a board I’m way outnumbered on by libs.  Adios. You’re ignored.  

Ah sad. Whatever will I do without the the rape enabler to talk to. 

Simple concept here. Don’t blame the victim for their rape/sexual assault.

It's possible that he may actually get ruined at this point.  It probably could have been handled a lot differently as soon as it came to light, whether from the dems or when the republicans first heard of it.  Of course, if he's guilty and he knows that it is true, and he didn't back out, that's on him.

He still got all of that debt paid off and would probably find a nice job in the private sector.

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The misogyny is breathtaking. 

1 minute ago, sachick said:

+1. You know, maybe, just maybe, if 5+ are accusing you of victim blaming, maybe that’s exactly what your words meant. Maybe. Even if that wasn’t your intent, it’s what you’re doing.

Come on.  He isnt blaming her. He is just saying that if she didnt go to the party and if she didnt get drunk, Brett wouldnt have tried to rape her. I mean he was just Brett being Brett and she knew what that meant.

Its a stupid false equivalence that takes all responsibility away from men. Whose fault is it when a kid gets eaten after jumping into a lion's den, the kid or the lion?  The kids right?  But, in reality, there's a reason the lion is in a cage at the zoo and not on the supreme court.  And the lion is gonna get put down after the incident too. 

There are plenty of men who will let a passed out girl sleep instead of raping her even when she was interested before she passed out. There are other men who make sure a drugged girl gets home safely.  Its just common human decency. You dont even have to be a shining white knight to the rescue. You just have to not be a complete piece of shit.  Some of these men are likely even conservative mid level judges. Trump can still make a racist sexist pick without picking a guy that becomes a predator when he is drunk. 

• Like 2