Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Unknown.

Quick tangent teams need to take concussions a hell of a lot more seriously.

I'm in favor of having independent doctors on the sidelines to evaluate head injuries and if a player is deemed unable to return due to a head injury the team gets a free substitution. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JNip said:

It's good to see Ajax where they belong. The first Champions League final that I ever watched was AC Milan vs Ajax, I was just 11 years of age. 

Ajax had Van Der Sar, Kluivert,  Rijkaard, De Boer bros, Seedorf, Davids, and Overmars. Kluivert scored the winning goal. Great memories.

This was my favorite jersey back in the day.

Image result for ajax away jersey 1995

16 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I'm in favor of having independent doctors on the sidelines to evaluate head injuries and if a player is deemed unable to return due to a head injury the team gets a free substitution. 

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is the answer. 

They would have to be some sort of official, and allow a sub until they can be properly be evaluated. That way it won't be such a rush to get someone back in the game. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

They would have to be some sort of official, and allow a sub until they can be properly be evaluated. That way it won't be such a rush to get someone back in the game. 

Yeah,

There needs to be a mandatory 10/15 minute sideline period before you’re able to come back on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

As someone with no dog in the fight and just wants a dramatic second leg Ajax winning 1-0 on the road is probably the best possible result today so that's good

Yep. It's not over. Spurs get Son back next week. That should give them a lot more juice. 

To further that, Tottenham didn't look particularly fatigued. They looked like they were getting out played and outschemed at home. 

Give them more rest, Ajax less, put Son on the field, maybe it's a different result, but Ajax was the better team today and Spurs are lucky they are only down 1-0 going into Amsterdam. 

10 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

1) I absolutely agree.

2) This new rule would never get abused... never.

16 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

No shit

Lahoz went over there and asked three or four times if Vertonghen knew what planet he was on.  Did he even make it 15 seconds back on before he asked to come off and proceeded to throw up?

Pochettino, Spurs writers, and a guy that covers Belgian players have all said Vertonghen passed all concussion tests and was allowed to go home after the game. A physician that posts on a Spurs board said he thought it was plausible that it was a vagal reaction. 

17 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I said it before, I will say it again - rugby rules:

16 hours ago, Jograves said:

Yep. It's not over. Spurs get Son back next week. That should give them a lot more juice. 

This

16 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Ajax playing the 2nd leg at home has me confused as they have played so well on the road of the 2nd leg the last two matches. 

And this.

Not that Ajax has been horrible at home, the last two, but they have been mortal. Spurs have shown they can score goals on the road (see the Man City game). Combine these two, and I think we still have some football to play. Ajax has the advantage, but it's not over yet.

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Shitty people doing shitty things. Looks like the real fans/club called them out quickly. Do you want us to wring our hands?

Well maybe just don't be judgmental assholes when shitty people do shitty things from clubs not named Liverpool? 

Cheese covered it already...but from the 2 videos i saw it was 1 guy on both pushes into fountain
So the headlines of supporters(plural) pushing locals into fountains is disingenuous

Cant find a video of the "fights" and the 6 arrest sound like public intox to me as police say they are just detained for the night(tuesday)

43 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Shitty people doing shitty things. Looks like the real fans/club called them out quickly. Do you want us to wring our hands?

Lol. But when Mexico fans act stupid it's because they are Mexicans.

Anyway, I am just here to say that I am so fucking pumped about this game today. Can't remember the last time that I was super excited about a game not involving any of my teams. 

Edited by JNip