Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Liverpool vs barca...vvd vs messi

Going to be amazing

It will be but I hate when the title match is basically one of the semifinals. 

Those 2 clubs are just on a different level than anyone else right now. 

It will be but I hate when the title match is basically one of the semifinals. 
Those 2 clubs are just on a different level than anyone else right now. 
I wouldnt write off ajax beating either of them in final....you know i love some ajax since i saw first leg against real

The Dutch FA (KNVB) is rescheduling an entire weekends worth of games to give Ajax time to rest up for the Semis "maintain the integrity of the [Eredivisie] and the title race" and totally not to give Ajax additional rest before the Semis. Ajax was scheduled to play a team fighting to stay out of relegation the weekend before the first leg of the Semis (just 2 days before). Instead of just moving that game up a day or two, they are extending the Eredivisie season a week and moving the entire weekend of games to that week.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/ajax-handed-bizarre-advantage-over-16152513

Spain does a lot to accommodate their teams in europe as well. FA doesn’t do jack shit. Smart move by the KNVB. 

Yeah Spain has almost always moved weekend games a day on either side of European play, I think a couple of times they haven’t for Madrid and Barca and both sides bitched like crazy when it happens to them. The last time was around an el Classico that the wouldn’t move.

Personally I like it. The leagues should realize that an extra day of rest for a team playing an additional 5-10 games the last 3 months of a season helps their own spotlight. If premiere league wants to play through the winter break and have like 5 league cups and refuse to shift schedules, cool with me until LFC can’t be rested for a Barca upset.
  • Like 1

Just now, WBT said:

I guess for the semis, Turner finally has to show all the games.

I cancelled my Bleacher Report Live sub yesterday. You either have to call in, email or chat. I did the chat and they ask you 3 or 4 times why you want to cancel. Kind of a hassle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Had to wait 22 years.

It's good to see Ajax where they belong. The first Champions League final that I ever watched was AC Milan vs Ajax, I was just 11 years of age. 

Ajax had Van Der Sar, Kluivert,  Rijkaard, De Boer bros, Seedorf, Davids, and Overmars. Kluivert scored the winning goal. Great memories.

Edited by JNip
  • Like 1