do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

On 1/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Just asked the wife if I could fuck Julia Louis Dreyfus if that somehow ever came up.  Got the green light.

Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization no one has successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages you could get locked up for even suggesting it!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Excuse me...I was sleeping.  And that's my apple juice. 

(fun fact:  the writers bothered to name 'vegetable lasagna' on the show...it was Magnus.  And just like we don't know what his accent/nationality is supposed to be, we have no idea if Magnus was hist first name or last name.) 

I can hear you! 

I wonder if Magnus knew Pinkus (RIP)

Alright, new intra-thread game:

Your favorite character from a Seinfeld plane flight (can't be a character like Puddy on a flight, gotta be somebody whose storyline originates at airport/airplane)?

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your favorite character from a Seinfeld plane flight (can't be a character like Puddy on a flight, gotta be somebody whose storyline originates at airport/airplane)?

Oh man.  So many options.

Off the top of my head, Earl Haffler.  Come ON Mexico City!!

Prisoner is also good.  But you ARE Blanche! (Bladge?)  You ARE in the shackles!

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh man.  So many options.

Off the top of my head, Earl Haffler.  Come ON Mexico City!!

Prisoner is also good.  But you ARE Blanche! (Bladge?)  You ARE in the shackles!

Both are great.  I would go dude with all of the luggage or the flight attendant on the flight where Jerry gets bumped to first class or, the Calvin Klein model that Jerry meets in first.

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Does the lady at the rental car counter count?

Yes, she counts.  As do baggage handlers, duty free shop clerks, airport security, et. al.  But unfortunately, while we can count the limo driver who held the "Murphy/O'Brien" sign up at the airport...we cannot count his other two passengers...heads of security for the Aryan Union (very underrated episode IMO).  

You also got to think outside the box (pardon the cliche).  Although we don't see him on the plane, Jerry meets Gavin Polone on a flight back to New York.  Gavin falls ill and Jerry must take care of his dog, Farfel.  Joseph Maher was fucking hilarious, as Gavin, in that episode.  Fun fact---that actor Joseph Maher was nominated for 3 Tony Awards over his theatrical career.  

While a strong, commercially successful hit..."Rochelle, Rochelle" was not terribly well received by critics.  "Scarsdale Surprise" had the opposite results.  

I mean, shit...the Klampus dinner theater in Florida received more Tonys than "Rochelle, Rochelle" 

I always thought it was "I like to stop at the duty free shop."  
Also, wasn't Jim J. Bullock a flight attendant in coach in one of the episodes?  Monroe always cracked me up.  

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I like to shop at the duty free shop.

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I always thought it was "I like to stop at the duty free shop."  
Also, wasn't Jim J. Bullock a flight attendant in coach in one of the episodes?  Monroe always cracked me up.  

38 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Oh, I really think you're wrong.

It is "stop"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

It is "stop"

George: Yeah, "duty". Do you know how much duty is?

Kramer: No, I dunno how much duty is.

George: Duty is *nothing*. It's like sales tax...

Kramer: I still like to stop at the duty free shop.

George: I like to stop at the duty free shop.

They start to "sing", growing more excited after each iteration:

G+K: I like to stop at the duty free shop!

I like to stop at the duty free shop!

11 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

George: Yeah, "duty". Do you know how much duty is?

Kramer: No, I dunno how much duty is.

George: Duty is *nothing*. It's like sales tax...

Kramer: I still like to stop at the duty free shop.

George: I like to stop at the duty free shop.

They start to "sing", growing more excited after each iteration:

G+K: I like to stop at the duty free shop!

I like to stop at the duty free shop!

I just rescheduled a business class flight and they "upgraded" me to elite status, which apparently means I get 20% off duty free.

All I could think when I found that out was, "Duty's NOTHING!  It's like sales tax!"