do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

You dreamed it.  The final cell scene feels like they’re out for coffee based on how they’re sitting, and their topic of discussion.  
most of the ‘reunion finale’ inside the CYE universe took place at Monk’s and they reference the finale.  Maybe you mashed that all up in your brain while sleeping.  

^

to be fair, it is by far one of the handful of most obscure references to actual movies by Seinfeld.  They do so many obvious ones, but there's about a half dozen that are just so narrow that it's become obvious to me that Larry David just inserted them for his own giggles.  

George was often in the wrong, but when his car was damaged by the suicidal patient who jumped out of the hospital, he was wrongfully shamed by the hospital administrator.

Are there any Surly attorneys who can weigh in on who was responsible? Hospital, the deceased’s estate, George, or the Pig Man?

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been binging on Netflix from Season 1 and I'm at Season 8. I've noticed a few things in this progression:

- the vignettes before the episodes in the later episodes aren't as good as the stand up comedy intro

- the episodes and story lines increasingly break into more of a vacuum once you get into 7 and 8. What I mean is, in earlier seasons there wasnt as much "big" events in episodes that get left behind. Examples include the episode where Susan thinks George and Elaine are cheating because of the conflicting story to see Marisa Tomei. She punches him, never gets a resolution and next episode they are hanging out in the apartment or invitation shopping or whatever. Another example is the Soulmate Jenine Garafalo episode. She just disappears. Same with Elaine coming back into the fold after Bizarro world Jerry & friends, etc.

- it's stupid that Frank C. got a GTO way back in season 3 or whenever Larry David was the lawyer in a cape but it just deus ex machina's in on Season 8 when George needs to look like a greaser

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

What I mean is, in earlier seasons there wasnt as much "big" events in episodes that get left behind. Examples include the episode where Susan thinks George and Elaine are cheating because of the conflicting story to see Marisa Tomei. She punches him, never gets a resolution and next episode they are hanging out in the apartment or invitation shopping or whatever. Another example is the Soulmate Jenine Garafalo episode. She just disappears. Same with Elaine coming back into the fold after Bizarro world Jerry & friends, etc.

There are several times where Susan just seemingly forgets what George has done and continues forward with plans for getting married.  The others you mentioned are resolved.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

I've been binging on Netflix from Season 1 and I'm at Season 8. I've noticed a few things in this progression:

- the vignettes before the episodes in the later episodes aren't as good as the stand up comedy intro

- the episodes and story lines increasingly break into more of a vacuum once you get into 7 and 8. What I mean is, in earlier seasons there wasnt as much "big" events in episodes that get left behind. Examples include the episode where Susan thinks George and Elaine are cheating because of the conflicting story to see Marisa Tomei. She punches him, never gets a resolution and next episode they are hanging out in the apartment or invitation shopping or whatever. Another example is the Soulmate Jenine Garafalo episode. She just disappears. Same with Elaine coming back into the fold after Bizarro world Jerry & friends, etc.

- it's stupid that Frank C. got a GTO way back in season 3 or whenever Larry David was the lawyer in a cape but it just deus ex machina's in on Season 8 when George needs to look like a greaser

Seinfeld Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, Eskimohorn said:

George was often in the wrong, but when his car was damaged by the suicidal patient who jumped out of the hospital, he was wrongfully shamed by the hospital administrator.

Are there any Surly attorneys who can weigh in on who was responsible? Hospital, the deceased’s estate, George, or the Pig Man?

There are quite a few occasions with George (and more with Larry in CYE) where he's pretty clearly in the right but absolutely everyone involved sees it the other way and he's completely ganged up on.

Which of course fuel the neuroses even further.

Example from earlier in the series:  The Bubble Boy is a gigantic asshole/piece of shit, and the incident is a complete accident, but the townsfolk want to lynch George.  Fuck the Bubble Boy, IMO.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1